Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Deleted
    It's about damn time. This is good news!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAftermath View Post
    It's about damn time. This is good news!
    Yeah (: i was using Sperskys fix and i don't wanna undo it cause even though they claim its fixed im scared it wont be hehe

Deleted
    Virgin are still the best.

I used to be with BT, biggest pile of turd ISP ever. Most of the BT network is still using copper lines.................

Plus, they charged me £25 to disconnect from them LOL !

BT = waste of space.

Virgin are also rolling out 1.5 GB internet soon. That is WORLDS FASTEST internet.

You can stream 10 full films PER HOUSEHOLD at the same time and download speeds up to 1.5gb/s

Going to revolutionise us all !

Deleted
    So you are only allowed to stream 10 movies a month?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobhoper View Post
    So you are only allowed to stream 10 movies a month?
    No.

The internet into your household can handle streaming 10 dvd quality movies all at the same time.

Granted, most people dont have 10 TV's in their houses, but it illustrates how fast it is.

Basically it is Worlds fastest internet @ 1.5gb/s

You can download 2 full dvd films in a few seconds if the download was going at full speed

No idea wat the problem is on Virgin and WoW, not had a problem always 150ms or less with 50mb in the South of England. I guess there is problems in different part of the uk, so cool for them :P

oooo 1.5gb that would be fun to see how fast it would download a bluray lol.

Deleted
    That is pretty amazing. I used to live somewhere with virgin and there were horror stories about how bad it was. Though those horror stories are getting less as time goes by. Seems like Britain is joining the digital age, but only if you live in the towns where NTL went (our closest town has virgin but its a complete dump).

Quote Originally Posted by Shammysheep View Post
    No idea wat the problem is on Virgin and WoW, not had a problem always 150ms or less with 50mb in the South of England. I guess there is problems in different part of the uk, so cool for them :P

oooo 1.5gb that would be fun to see how fast it would download a bluray lol.
    Hopefully you have Hardrives that can write that fast then

Raid some HDD's?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corblimey111 View Post

I used to be with BT, biggest pile of turd ISP ever. Most of the BT network is still using copper lines.................

BT = waste of space.

Virgin are also rolling out 1.5 GB internet soon. That is WORLDS FASTEST internet.

You can stream 10 full films PER HOUSEHOLD at the same time and download speeds up to 1.5gb/s

They might say 1.5gb but i guarentee you will not get that as a download speed.

Well now we know why the US is always behind in progression. The UK has some pretty sick internets man, they'll have the 1.5gb where I live too? I would love that so much more than u-verse...i constantly get disconnected and lag out ugh

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corblimey111 View Post

BT = waste of space.

Thats going to cost a bomb per month and VM can just about handle 30mb/50mb in my area and god knows whats 1.5gb will be like.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    They might say 1.5gb but i guarentee you will not get that as a download speed.
    Virgin normally deliver full speed whether you are on 10 mbps, 20 mbps or 50 mbps.

A part from the FEW times they have small hiccups (and its not many), they really are a pretty dam decent isp. ( I am on basic internet @ 10mbps, it costs me around 6 euros / month and i always downlod stuff at full speed. Never had any problem at all with my internet so far).

The trials in London have all passed with flying colours - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitalt...-internet.html

Granted, you wont hit 1.5gps ALL the time. But the ISP will allow for it most of the time. I doubt ill get it as it will be too expensive, but it offers great upload speeds too, and that is good for people who download............

Don't let the fact it is labelled as 1.5gb fool you, half of their 50 meg services barely work...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackuli View Post
    Well now we know why the US is always behind in progression. The UK has some pretty sick internets man, they'll have the 1.5gb where I live too? I would love that so much more than u-verse...i constantly get disconnected and lag out ugh
    The UK internet speeds (in and around cities) are some of the fastest and most reliable in the World. Now we WILL be THE fastest when this rolls out.

UK telecommunications industry is about the only thing i am proud of my country for.

Although it sucks if you live in the countrsidey in England. Average internet speed in farmlands is around 3-5mbps (if your lucky) LOL !

---------- Post added 2011-07-31 at 03:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Don't let the fact it is labelled as 1.5gb fool you, half of their 50 meg services barely work...
    Works in and around cities yes. Very well.

As i said, countryside suffers alot.

Deleted
    Nice offtopic there.

Glad it's fixed, my friends will FINALLY be able to play properly again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the US would stop using the old copper lines and actually utilize the fiber optic lines we put in during the 90's. Thanks AT&T and Verizon for buying up about 85% of them and monopolizing the market...we will forever be in their iron grip .
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

This was happening to me on Virgin, I couldn't do 25 man raids without dcing. It fixed itself like 4 months ago though.

Deleted
    Weird, I'm on virgin and absolutely fine, in fact had 3 people in the house raiding fine last week, but I am on 50MB - was having some problems previously on 10MB but since I upgraded I haven't had any problems at all... 1.5GB.. tempting, hate to imagine how much that's going to cost though!

Deleted
    thankgod, ive been on virgin media for a while now and its just pathetic... its less the latencey being high its more the random dc's, sometimes for hours others for only a second, but a one second dc in arena is overkill :/