Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not only are they coming into the 10man version with much better gear than a strict 10man guild would have, but on top of that they built a comp specifically for the encounter which gave them a huge advantage that no 10man guild would ever get. Pretty inaccurate way of gauging difficulty.

Deleted
    If the 10man version of the fight is really so simple, it's clearly gear what's holding the 10man guilds back here (because a 10man's loot usage is worse than a 25man's even if the loot/player ratio was equal).Sure, you can consider the top 10man guilds slightly less dedicated than the top 25man guilds, but their "skill" level ain't any lower.

Even better in 10 man when what 5 of the bosses have shared loot? makes them 2 items so much more fun. same with not getting ember but that's just 50/50 of 25 mans right?

Did anyone take notice that the same toons did 25 and 10 in the same raid lock out?

no they didn't Mellifas, they killed ragnaros before EU reset this week, and killed it again now after wednesday reset... not the same lockout

as for people comparing 10's and 25's... the only once that have a say in it right now are the people that killed it. and that's only paragon. so if they say it's easier in 10, who are you to argue with that? do you have experience in both versions? have you killed it? nope? then what do you base your arguments on?
    Last edited by Dannz; 2011-07-23 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellifas View Post
    Did anyone take notice that the same toons did 25 and 10 in the same raid lock out?
    nope
    25man world 1st happaned before european wednesday reset

It's quite interesting, yet it was predictable from the very start, how people react to Paragon's comparison of the various difficulties. One group (either pro-10 or pro-25 in terms of difficulty) was in for a letdown.

But honestly: Paragon are the only ones right now who can make any informed decision and say something about the relative difficulty of the 10- and 25- man encounters, especially Ragnaros HC. I'm by no means a fanboy, but I think they are smart enough to take into consideration the amount of gear and experience they took from the 25-man encounter when they judged the difference. They've done both, they'd look no worse if they had stated "well, the tenner is absolutely on par with the 25-man version, really gave us more trouble then we expected".

Then again, to each their own. As I said at the top, lots of people were ready to cry out loud when their biased and completely unjustified opinion (for lack of a viable comparison, as in killing Ragnaros on both modes) would not be matched. Same old, same old.

Gonna change the topic a little here... Man I wish they had some high res versions of that art, they look amazing

Bet you that next lock out they get fewer than 32 wipes on heroic rag. Why? Because they did the fight already.

Quote Originally Posted by KCee View Post
    They simply cannot compare the two sized raids equally simply because 1) They already have experience killing Rag. and 2) The gear difference.
    Its YOU that simply cant compare the two sized raids because you did not experienced ANYTHING. Neither both 10 and 25man. Nor ANY kind of Ragnaros HC.

That Nagrand piece is amazing. The others are pretty sweet too but not quite so spectacular. Oh yea, grats Paragon; you can kill stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    They already had their strat with the 25 man it's not like it's a totally different encounter on ten mans. btw on my alt warrior I know it's only reg firelands but we pugged a 25 man FL's and we one shotted all the bosses up until rag, with half the raid dying almost on every fight which was ridiculous. One person dies on 10 and it's pretty much a wipe.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 01:57 AM ----------

With three Brez, three ankhs and alot of lawlz. I still say they're about the same I suppose, but who am I to argue I've done both.
    what ankhs?

I love how they keep blaming wipes on disconnects. it either looks like an excuse or it looks like they all need better connections, because they mention it ALL THE TIME.

10+ Year Old Account
    So um... am I the only one that noticed that the artworks a misnamed for blasted lands and hellfire http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...lands-full.jpg Which looks more like hell fire http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...lfire-full.jpg Which looks more like blasted lands. Might just be me, >.>

Those Burning Crusade pictures look absolutely amazing! Saving those for sure, very high quality and expert design!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Problem, 10-man raiding guilds?
    This.

After Paragon says that 25man takes over 500 wipes and puny 10man takes 32 wipes I think it's very much clear which is by far the easier one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm quite interested to hear what the top 10-man guild in the world has to say, and where they stand on the current progress.
    And the Nagrand piece is absolutely stunning. ;^;

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    This.

After Paragon says that 25man takes over 500 wipes and puny 10man takes 32 wipes I think it's very much clear which is by far the easier one.
    That depends. Take a group with equal skill and starting gear, and have them do 500+ 10 man wipes, then see how many 25 takes.

Of course, you can't compare them equally, because to do the 10, you can pick and choose your best out of the 25. Yes, the fights are different - but the majority of the mechanics are exactly the same, simply fewer targets/less damage. They learned the fight in 25 - heck, they even admit that they made some adjustments to their strategy, which was likely initially the same as their 25 strategy. They knew the basics of the fight, it just took a few attempts to adjust those strategies to the 10 man fight.

Oh, and it was nice to see after checking the armory that they 10 man world first killed Heroic Ragnaros with Heroic Ragnaros gear. According to dates looted, not what they had on.
    Last edited by stonhinge; 2011-07-23 at 07:48 AM.