Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niter View Post
    No, left handed people are about 25% worse than right handed people. I am ambidextrous, so I have a 50% penalty.

Come on, mate
    As 99% of the tools made for humans (numbers are fiction) are made for Right Handers, I agree with you.
    Trying to use Right-handed tools (like scissors) as a Left-hander only makes things worse. (At least for me.. I am "No-Good" Zally, the Lone Pally)

*Cough*Enough derail; get back into topic and talk about "Can you be a top raider as a left handed", or something in the liking.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2011-07-27 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Added the "as a Left-hander"-part.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    pretty sure it doesnt make a difference. if you are left or right handed
    sure it does, you have to know how to remap your KB and if you mouse left handed all your side buttons are on the left side.
    Can you be a top raider? Sure, but you have to put in more work because you have to redo your whole Kb to make yourself comfortable.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2011-07-27 at 09:12 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Why would you need a left handed mouse? Is your right hand completely dysfunctional as a lefty? My left hand spams all my keys during a raid, why can't your offhand manage its job?

I mean, if someone started you off your first time on a computer as "Oh hey you're a lefty, here's a left handed mouse/keyboard setup, go nuts." then that would make more sense, but there's no reason a left handed person should be at any disadvantage when using a default setup

As long as you map your keys to a comfortable config for you it does not matter. Even lefties can be just as adapt at WASD style controlls, my brother is a lefty and you cant even tell the diff between him and a righty in his gameplay. If you insist on left hand mouse and right hand keyboard your only problems are you'll need to spend more time initialy remaping your keyboard as the defaults asume WASD, and left handed gaming mice are more rare so you may not have many extra buttons on the mouse.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by bjarnespz View Post
    well might have gotten on 2 a wrong start here(didnt mean 2 diss l or r h)
    all i was asking is : i assume the qwerty keyboard is made for the general population.
    if it was reversed would it matter?

oh no need 2 be rude btw,just asked a question
    It is a fact that the average right-handed person has reduced precision with their left hand. And vice-versa. It is what it means to be left- or right-handed.

However, I would again argue that mouse precision is not a determine factor in raid performance - As long as you're not a heavy clicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm left handed and never understood why other lefties have to use a keyboard and such in a different way. A guy I raided with a while back was a lefty and he told me he had this weird setup b/c of it. I was like O.o. Since I was old enough to use a computer, I've always used the keyboard and mouse in the regular way, maybe that's just how I am though. Only things I don't do left handed are using the computer and throwing a frisbee(I can do that either way). /shrug

unless you were missing your right hand, there is absolutely no difference in being left or right-handed. I don't know why you would think such - quite a naive thought to be honest.

Just remap everything so it would be comfortable to you and you're golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Why would you need a left handed mouse? Is your right hand completely dysfunctional as a lefty? My left hand spams all my keys during a raid, why can't your offhand manage its job?

I mean, if someone started you off your first time on a computer as "Oh hey you're a lefty, here's a left handed mouse/keyboard setup, go nuts." then that would make more sense, but there's no reason a left handed person should be at any disadvantage when using a default setup
    The whole left hand using the mouse, right hand using the KB thing escapes you eh?
    If you are using your left hand on a mouse your thumb is on the right side of it.
    A left handed mouse puts the left side buttons on the right side so a person using their left hand can use the thumb for extra button pushes.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2011-07-27 at 09:16 PM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    The whole left hand using the mouse, right hand using the KB thing escapes you eh?
    Yeah, it totally does, explain to me why you need your left hand to use a mouse. Assuming this wasn't the way you were introduced to computers

If you use a left handed mouse why would it be any different than being right handed?

All keys can be rebound and mapped however you want. The default bindings might be more right-handed oriented by default, but there is nothing in this game that favors the handedness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostii View Post
    Yes... would you believe me if I said I bind my spells on the numpad and I place world top 5 DPS on multiple heroic fights and I'm in a 5/7 H guild? Probably not. But it's all true.
    I'm 100% certain you don't even need hands to play an arcane mage I've raided with a paraplegic arcange mage who plays through a straw in his mouth and made several top parses.

Made by dubbelbasse

Yeah, it totally does, explain to me why you need your left hand to use a mouse. Assuming this wasn't the way you were introduced to computers
    Why do you use your more dexterous hand on the mouse? Same reason a left handed person would.

Why do you use your more dexterous hand on the mouse? Same reason a left handed person would.
    Because that was the default option

No, I'm afraid not. I assure you it is impossible to lie via the internet.
    Me and you will be having words someday ok! *throws left-handed hissyfit*

Because that was the default option
    For you, a right handed person, sure. lol

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I'm 100% certain you don't even need hands to play an arcane mage I've raided with a paraplegic arcange mage who plays through a straw in his mouth and made several top parses.
    Please dont make fun off of paraplegic people.

For you, a right handed person, sure. lol
    It's the default position for every computer, unless someone hooked up a special thing just for you.

Deleted
    Can a right handed person drive a british automobile? Indeed, my dear sir.

No one needs to use wasd. Some right handed people I know use esdf for more key combos around their fingers.
    My best 2on2 partner always uses qwes.
    I personally use eadf, a very unusual combination, but my hands are big and it leaves my fingers exactly the right amount of room.

Some left handed gentelman copy the right handed keyboard/mouse combo 1:1 from their right handed brethren.
    Others use the numbersblock with their right hand or ijkl. Anything goes, even playing with a joystick if you happen to be a mage, my dear sir.

Deleted
    It's a common fact that if you are lefty, then you will fail in life. So no - you cannot do shit if you are a left - unfortunately, since I'm a lefty.
    ./facepalm