Page 49 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There you go throwing around that "Rich" word again. If you had played D2 you would know that trading a item in-game for something else you need is much more valuable then the $5 you could make off it. Like I had said before, the best gear in the game is not going to be sitting on the AH for anyone to buy. First it has to drop.
    Last edited by Papabull; 2011-08-01 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Wrong quote

Like I've said every time before, if you're upset now, maybe you should have cared more when we started down the slippery slope. I've fought this at every step of the way and been met with resounding apathy.

10+ Year Old Account
    My god Blizzard went from a broom closet developer (with games like Diablo 1+2 Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, WC2 and Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 1) with free online gaming to a money hungry beast... seriously!!! I want my broom closet blizzard back 

while I like WoW since WoW arrived blizzard has turned into a money monster "I munch on your money om nom nom nomoney" I know America is having financial difficulty right now but jeeze didn’t blizzard make enough money from our WoW subscriptions that they want to chew into our pockets some more. I am struggling to make ends meat as it is.

While I am sure a lot of people will still buy diablo 3 and buy into this junk, I for one am rethinking about buying diablo 3. I was sooo excited that blizzard was doing everything right with the game before this...

But I will give them a chance to see how this goes, as a blizzard fan since 1994 I have stuck with them through some crap and I am sure this will be no exception :P

Deleted
    Its a poor strategy for combating something that stayed out of my way in the first place, It was better left underground. I at least felt like I worked for something before.now its going to be right there in your face, I agree with a poster above about people just buying everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    When this is implemented in WoW - is the day i cancel my sub, and i never thought id say that.

Oh well... there goes my interest in this game. Fairwell Blizzard, Lucasarts/Bioware here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    geez its not that blizzard sells items to you, its players only. and if you trade your item for gold or money totally depends on the players, so everything thats going on in the auction house will be caused by the players themselves... dont like to trade with money? then uhm... dont do it? dont like to buy items rather than finding them? then yeah why caring about the ah anyways? and so on.... yeah i know most people like decisions be forced upon them, but theres also people who dont like that :> who like to have a choice in what they do... and now theres 3 choices! usually you only get 2 :B
    Let me quote from the official blue post.

Does Blizzard plan to post weapons, armor, and other such items for sale in the currency-based version of the auction house?
    The currency-based auction house is a place for players to purchase or sell items they’ve obtained within the game. Blizzard does not plan to post items that affect gameplay, such as gear or character-enhancing runestones, for sale in the auction house.

Will Blizzard sell anything directly through the auction house?
    We don't have any plans at this time to post items for sale in the auction house.

Notice that blizzard says "we have no plans" - they are not saying "we will never". We all know its just a matter of time before we see blizzard posted items in the AH. The only people who will benefit from this is the moneyhungry CEO's at activision-blizzard. A fee for putting the item on the RL currency AH, an aditional fee for when its sold and then another fee when you want to cash out your RL money. Guess how little will be left for the seller.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo. View Post
    When this is implemented in WoW - is the day i cancel my sub, and i never thought id say that.
    It's not being put in WoW.. Why would they do that? The biggest part of the game is raiding, if they put D3's AH in WoW why would anyone raid? That would be silly of Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo. View Post
    Oh god, how long do you think it will be before this goes in wow? 4.3?

This really isn't as big of a deal as people are making it. This is just a way to stop all the 3rd party sites from selling and buying items. Even if Blizzard didn't implement this system it would have been there, through 3rd party sites, without some people noticing. There's no reason to "hate" blizzard for this move. People just need to realize that this was going to happen either way. Blizzard isn't being cheap by adding this in there, the games F2P anyway and nowadays it's a little more costly to develop and maintain such a game. Most of the fees they are taking out is to handle the processing of the AH anyway. People can say anything they want but the bottom line is that Blizzard just brought the outside item buying into the game, making it more safe. Stop overreacting and realize what is going on. Enough with all the "this will ruin D3".

Quote Originally Posted by Jrad3412 View Post
    This really isn't as big of a deal as people are making it. This is just a way to stop all the 3rd party sites from selling and buying items. Even if Blizzard didn't implement this system it would have been there, through 3rd party sites, without some people noticing. There's no reason to "hate" blizzard for this move. People just need to realize that this was going to happen either way. Blizzard isn't being cheap by adding this in there, the games F2P anyway and nowadays it's a little more costly to develop and maintain such a game. Most of the fees they are taking out is to handle the processing of the AH anyway. People can say anything they want but the bottom line is that Blizzard just brought the outside item buying into the game, making it more safe. Stop overreacting and realize what is going on. Enough with all the "this will ruin D3".
    It isint over reacting, all the good gear will be put up for currency and not gold. The ah system would have been fine with gold alone, and D3 is NOT F2P, you gotta buy it first,

Quote Originally Posted by martinboy View Post
    Let me quote from the official blue post.

Does Blizzard plan to post weapons, armor, and other such items for sale in the currency-based version of the auction house?
    The currency-based auction house is a place for players to purchase or sell items they’ve obtained within the game. Blizzard does not plan to post items that affect gameplay, such as gear or character-enhancing runestones, for sale in the auction house.

Will Blizzard sell anything directly through the auction house?
    We don't have any plans at this time to post items for sale in the auction house.

Notice that blizzard says "we have no plans" - they are not saying "we will never". We all know its just a matter of time before we see blizzard posted items in the AH. The only people who will benefit from this is the moneyhungry CEO's at activision-blizzard. A fee for putting the item on the RL currency AH, an aditional fee for when its sold and then another fee when you want to cash out your RL money. Guess how little will be left for the seller.
    Blizz also said NEVER to faction and race change, just tellin ya

Quote Originally Posted by Papabull View Post
    It's not being put in WoW.. Why would they do that? The biggest part of the game is raiding, if they put D3's AH in WoW why would anyone raid? That would be silly of Blizzard.
    Well the samething could be said for D3, Why would anyone do the content when they could sit at an AH with there paypal open all day?

Quote Originally Posted by ShiroRX View Post
    You can kiss any in-game competitive play goodbye (i.e. Arenas). You can't have competition in a pay-to-win structure.
    Says who, you?

Listen there is plenty of competition going to be had with people who have jobs.

Funny thing, this actually saved me some money. I won't be buying Diablo 3. Will also switch from WoW to SWTOR, however this was planned for a long time and has nothing to do with this change other than Blizzard really needs to step up their game.

Diablo3 , the new CASH-COW , as they say :
    ""Once this has been completed, proceeds from the sale of items in the currency-based auction house can be deposited into their third-party payment service account. “Cashing out” would then be handled through the third-party payment service. Note that this process will be subject to applicable fees charged by Blizzard and the third-party payment service. ""
    Just imagine how much money they will make from these fees , this is the "new" subscription that some of the players will pay .
    In a way I support this decision as D2 had no economy (except runes) , and this will help blizzard to keep developing new patches and with the maintainance of the servers .... at first I was against it when I read the title , but now I understand why they did what they did ..... they are greedy (as usual...greedy corporate bastards) but they have an excuse .

Blizzard will just use the excuse that not all wow players raid and by that they will justify RL currency AH in wow. It seems that blizzard comes up with a lot of lame excuses these days just to squeeze a nickle.

There you go throwing around that "Rich" word again. If you had played D2 you would know that trading a item in-game for something else you need is much more valuable then the $5 you could make off it. Like I had said before, the best gear in the game is not going to be sitting on the AH for anyone to buy. First it has to drop.
    Yeah but than whats the point of trading an item for some pixels if it dropped when u can (if its so uber rare as u stated) sell it for lets say 100usd (or 200 or 300, and there will be ppl to buy it believe it). Or u can just sell ur char for real money as there is CHARACTER buttons on the given screenshot.

Deleted
    ITT: Lots of poor people

It's actually a clever model to prevent Asian Gold Farming and what not, plus, I can afford to buy anything I want ^.^

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggiej View Post
    Well the samething could be said for D3, Why would anyone do the content when they could sit at an AH with there paypal open all day?
    Have you played D2 before? The game isn't about sitting around in Org(Or A1 if you have played before ) and looking pretty. It's about going out, killing monsters, having fun.