if they seriously make an expansion about Pandas i quit wow, no jk

Stood in the Fire Constellation's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    if they seriously make an expansion about Pandas i quit wow, no jk
    Oh noes! Bye bye!

Simple thoughts:

It's either the next expansion or not. The timing is right for an expansion pre-announcement

If it is, it doesn't mean that Pandarans are playable, they could be a new neutral faction, with an expansion around their continent.
    If they are playable, then it seems a more consensus that they would be an alliance race. If that's true, who would the new horde race be?. However, if they become a horde race, who would be the new alliance race?

Problems as an expansion. Sure it would surround Pandarians, but who would be the villian? With BC, LK, and Cata, the big bad is clear. With Mists of Pandaria, it just doesn't sound like an expansion.

The other option, an ipad/tablet game is also a possibility. I think development time is smaller and easier. The length doesn't have to be long. A free MMO with microtransactions just seems to feel right to me. And as said, it doesn't sound like an expansion, it sounds like a stand alone.

Regardless, we'll know at Blizzcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    Problems as an expansion. Sure it would surround Pandarians, but who would be the villian? With BC, LK, and Cata, the big bad is clear. With Mists of Pandaria, it just doesn't sound like an expansion.
    Going here, what is clear about the Cataclysm name? When we discovered it, we spent weeks thinking what the hell is Cataclysm, even less knowing that would be about Deathwing.

I have a wonder that it might be some rinky dinky facebook game or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by littlewisp View Post
    I have a wonder that it might be some rinky dinky facebook game or the like.
    Well then, as I said before...

Disks.

IN YOUR FACE.

so much ignorance in one little thread. No one knows a single thing about this; what it is, what will be in it, nothing, and yet people are threatening to quit a game they have played for years based on a title. I just want to clear a few things up:

1.) Durr pandas are bad and you're bad for liking them this isn't a kids game durr
    Whats wrong with pandas? The alliance is made up of humans, smaller humans, even smaller humans, chernobyl survivors, space goats, and bipedal british puppies. The horde is cow people, blue jamaicans, yodas with biceps, jewish yodas with no biceps, dead people, and homosexual napolean dynamites that ask for a scrunchy when you type /joke. No one knows how pandaren are doing to be introduced, what they'll look like, how they'll fight, nothing at all. I for one am very excited that there might be a race based on Taoism and ancient china. Beautiful architecture, rich culture, and a world renowned fighting style could all be incorporated into Pandaria. Don't knock something because of the name. Draenor isn't full to the brim with Draenei and nothing else. and BT dubs, this game is rated T...for Teen. It's a a game for Teens.

2.) zomg titan or some facebook game!
    not titan as stated 90 other times but i thought I'd throw it in there. Titan is not related to wow. Pandaren are related to wow. Ergo, pandaren are not related to titan. Not a facebook game because they marked printed material related to a game as well. how many farmville user manuals or lore books are floating around out there?

3.)China don't like pandas getting facerolled
    They don't care at all. warcraft III had plenty of brewmasters dying and china had no problem whatsoever with that

I would love to be able to play a pandaren. I've always wanted to learn more lore about them and see them in game. and to all the people who say "pandaren will be a nail in this games coffin", pandaren have consistently been the most requested playable race ever, so you are vastly outnumbered in this issue haters.
    to all the people crying and saying they'll quit wow because of pandas-
    You're really going to quit WoW because something is put into the game? I don't like gnomes. I don't like anything about them. i'm not going to quit over them because i have a little bit of perspective. If panda people make this many people want to quit i'm amazed we still have anybody left after they've put in walrus people, spider people, cow people, dog people, fish people, lobster people, frog people(or whatever the oracles are), dragon people, horse people, bird people, more horse people, different looking cow people goat people, more bird people, brown bear people and polar bear people(much different from panda bear people), snake people, vampires, cat people, tornado people, giant flying metal people, pig people, mammoth people(lol magnataurs), giant floating eyes, rock people, people made of bandaids, people that look like the hindu god shiva, rat people with candles on their heads, elune who i guess is the moon, whatever algalon is made of, squid people, mushroom people, and one of my personal favorites- tree people. they're all fine. its pandas that take it too far.

Good day sirs and maybe 1 madam. Good day.

p.s i am aware of my grammatical errors or misplaced words my auto-correct is dumb
    p.p.s. WALL OF TEXT CRITS MMO-CHAMPION FOR 1MILLION MILLION DERPS

It's possible Pandaren won't be playable. But I don't think Blizz would miss this opportunity to add them as a player race. They are one of the most beloved races and always at or near the top of every "what race do you want added?" poll.

Quote Originally Posted by willjones410 View Post
    Didn't the Pandaren get some flack from the Chinese back when they were first introduced? I seem to remember that they did, and the reason for it was that they were presented with Samurai and other Japanese styles which China didn't exactly take a liking to. Not that I can blame them considering the last century of history between China and Japan wasn't exactly sugar and rainbows. So, yes, Blizzard should approach the Pandaran with a Chinese culture outlook and leave the samurai and other Japanese culture out, but I personally dig the idea of a panda samurai so I'm partly hoping they ignore that notion.
    Yeah, there was some issues with Pandaren being dressed in Japanese attire. There's a good chance Blizzard will be careful to make Pandaren 100% Chinese since they'd have to remodel them anyways for the Chinese version if they didn't.

As for your desire to see a Pandaren Samurai, the Chinese had plenty of swordsmen as well in ages past. They'll look a little different and be called something else, but they'll be just as badass.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Yeah, there was some issues with Pandaren being dressed in Japanese attire. There's a good chance Blizzard will be careful to make Pandaren 100% Chinese since they'd have to remodel them anyways for the Chinese version.
    TBH, it's only and issue with Pandaren looking Japanese, not with them not looking Chinese. So they could just make them a generic medieval half-animal race with some Asian (but not Japanese) influences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tostitos View Post
    No one knows how pandaren are doing to be introduced, what they'll look like, how they'll fight, nothing at all. I for one am very excited that there might be a race based on Taoism and ancient china. Beautiful architecture, rich culture, and a world renowned fighting style could all be incorporated into Pandaria. Don't knock something because of the name.
    In all seriousness one of the best retorts to haters I've seen since this Pandaren thing started. Bravo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tostitos View Post
    brown bear people and polar bear people(much different from panda bear people
    Who are the polar bear people, the furbolgs i assume?

You forgot deer people, whom we see everyday at the molten front. They're not cartoony and cuddly, they're tall and badass, or short and somehow hot (Mylune).

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

i was referring to the furbolgs in grizzly hills and i mean dryads and keepers when i said "other horse people" cause i had a brain fart and couldn't think of the word "deer" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    TBH, it's only and issue with Pandaren looking Japanese, not with them not looking Chinese. So they could just make them a generic medieval half-animal race with some Asian (but not Japanese) influences.
    By why not make them Chinese? We have plenty of medieval cultures already in Warcraft, but we hardly have anything Asian (Night Elf architecture is vaguely Japanese and that's about it) and nothing specifically Chinese. By not making the Pandaren Chinese, it would be missing a golden opportunity to represent the culture in Warcraft.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    By why not make them Chinese? We have plenty of medieval cultures already in Warcraft, but we hardly have anything Asian (Night Elf architecture is vaguely Japanese and that's about it) and nothing specifically Chinese. By not making the Pandaren Chinese, it would be missing a golden opportunity to represent the culture in Warcraft.
    thats what they did............

Deleted
    What I meant was they don't really have to strictly make them Chinese-inspired only, just as long as they avoid Japanese elements. I'm expecting quite a bit of Chinese inspiration, but would not be surprised if we see some other influences too.

They'd probably keep them as being chinese considering the pandaren monk pet and "Mists of Pandaria" reminds me of the keren su karst hills in china

10+ Year Old Account
    PERSONALLY i would of rather seen an expansion that takes us back into outland and would of updated the quests in that area seeing that they did the same for all old world content i wouldn't be too hard to rehash the quests in 7 zones and possibly see a new class. this however is completely out of left field i know there have been rumors of an expansion taking place in the south seas but i didnt think we would ever see it or that it had the same likelihood of happening just like the emerald dream expansion. but if its true (im still not completely sold on it) then id much rather see a new class then new races to play. well see when blizzcon comes around and they announce the next expansion WHICH THEY WILL there is no doubt about it in my mind they will announce it. we will see if this is for real or not.

Has anybody said yet that this is probably like the name of an iPhone game or something?

Quote Originally Posted by fuskersbuskins View Post
    Has anybody said yet that this is probably like the name of an iPhone game or something?
    if it was an iphone or facebook game it would be marked in the 009 category but not the 041