Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I will laugh so much when this get's confirmed at Blizzcon...

I seriously doubt pandas will be playable. Not only does it break the race, hero class, race, hero class ect. pattern that's been followed by WoW xpacks, but there's no way they can go Horde or Ally without the opposite faction bitching. And letting them start off neutral and choosing horde or ally seems like it would be too revolutionary (*cough* work *cough*) for Blizz. Besides, identical pandas on Horde and Ally would get annoying and boring if it's just Panda on Panda violence in PvP (Panda v. Panda).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostx View Post
    I just realized something.... this Mist expansion if its true, it would be Furry fetish's dream comes true!!!!
    Well, theres already Worgen and Tauren. I think Blizz is putting in overtime to cater to pretty much every flavor of player. Alls I can say, is Beware the Rp servers!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    But this isn't data-mining, it's an actual trademark that Blizzard paid for. You can look it up yourself to verify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    It's not datamining.
    Pardon my terminology then, when I say data-mining, I"m thinking of any action that involves digging around for Blizzard info, not just in the game files. Data snooping then perhaps? I dunno. I'm not debunking the potential for an X-pack either but uh.. Its the first year of the current X-pack. If memory serves me correctly, arent the new x-packs introduced at the 2nd year of an expansion's Blizzcon? I could be wrong, but I dont recall hearing of Wrath or Cata within 6-8 months of the release of w/e the current game model was
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Deleted
    Wow i dont get you people. And i dont even want to.

They are awesome, we need a race like that now, enough of the superlore races already. And the whole expansion should be about beer and dark dwarves ruining it, not freaking magical booklore and dragons, enough is enough, i want something cool.

1. "They are teddybears" first of all, they are supercool pandas. If draenei came out of nowhere, then pandarens should appear with style and drain magical lore with beer.

2. "Chinese in WoW?" Uh wth, trolls, hello? Jamaican voodoo? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ukrainium View Post
    I don't hate the idea, but if Pandarens become a playable race I'll quit.
    Did you have to say it?
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2011-08-03 at 11:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vikus View Post
    I seriously doubt pandas will be playable. Not only does it break the race, hero class, race, hero class ect. pattern that's been followed by WoW xpacks, but there's no way they can go Horde or Ally without the opposite faction bitching. And letting them start off neutral and choosing horde or ally seems like it would be too revolutionary (*cough* work *cough*) for Blizz. Besides, identical pandas on Horde and Ally would get annoying and boring if it's just Panda on Panda violence in PvP (Panda v. Panda).
    nothing says that a pattern can't be broken though.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    2. "Chinese in WoW?" Uh wth, trolls, hello? Jamaican voodoo? Lol.
    Tauren - Native Americans
    Orcs - they kinda have an urban thing going on at times
    Night Elves - a bit of a psuedo-arabic theme at times
    Human - cheesy comedians?...
    Gnomes - nerds
    Draenei - Russian (ish) We'll say "slovik" for arguments sake
    Goblin - Jersey / New York
    Worgen - UK
    Dwarves - Scotland
    Blood Elves - posh...rich..metrosexual type..people?......
    Undead - hmmmm....WWII era German Castle Wolfenstien science mixed with modern goth / rock? (thats a tough one, and a stretch obviously)

why folks would argue if we got some sort of Asian theme is beyond me, and Woo-Ping in Stormwind would like a word as well.

Deleted
    You trollin'?
    But, realy no if the pattern goes at it does we wont get playable panda's, next have you played W3 Chen was epicness-awesome of badassery (mayb abit overboard), they have in depth lore that if you cba read listen to jesse and prides (omfgcata) 1 hour something about it you'll see it probs wont be all panda.
    If blizz wanted cute races to apeal to kids we would have gotten "World of Warcraft: Equestria, revenge of Nightmare Moon". Now i compared it to ponies i bet it makes panda's look good...?

Edit: Never say no to panda! (teh advert for butter in japan i think, i want it as a meme in WoW)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nameuser View Post
    If the next expansion is going to be about pandas i will quit no questions asked. Even if its not, it sounds really bad and i cant imagine i will be any exited about it.

I dont even care to whine about stuff anymore, wow isnt a big deal to me anymore. cata was a failure to me, this will prb be a huge failure too but i dont care. I just wont buy it.
    Change dragons to beer bottles, add pandarens, make pvp servers pvp servers again to "wipe" out the pvers from them once and for all (and ofc overpowered guards too while your at it that was added thanks to pvers lol), sounds like a dream expansion for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Orodoth View Post
    Tauren - Native Americans
    Orcs - they kinda have an urban thing going on at times
    Night Elves - a bit of a psuedo-arabic theme at times
    Human - cheesy comedians?...
    Gnomes - nerds
    Draenei - Russian (ish) We'll say "slovik" for arguments sake
    Goblin - Jersey / New York
    Worgen - UK
    Dwarves - Scotland
    Blood Elves - posh...rich..metrosexual type..people?......
    Undead - hmmmm....WWII era German Castle Wolfenstien science mixed with modern goth / rock? (thats a tough one, and a stretch obviously)

why folks would argue if we got some sort of Asian theme is beyond me, and Woo-Ping in Stormwind would like a word as well.
    Great list there. What do you expect? Just because of the bad arguments they put up, i want pandarens to be added to WoW.

And let them be a neutral race, something new for WoW and allow them to pick side. To counter the argument "where the F do they come from?" dudes, please just.... goblins joined horde for wealth. Draeneis came out from nowhere. Death knights turns to the good side. There you go.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2011-08-03 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ukrainium View Post
    I don't hate the idea, but if Pandarens become a playable race I'll quit.
    There is a 99% chance that you won't actually quit and you're just saying this because you're mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Orodoth View Post
    nothing says that a pattern can't be broken though.
    Well I'll tell you why: Don't you think 2 xpacks in a row with new races is a little...much? It's not like racials matter anymore, so it's really just a new model that can do the same thing as existing models without adding anything to the game (aside from looks, and I'm not talking about what new features the xpack has to offer, I'm talking strictly about new races). When it comes down to it, people are just gunna play what looks cool and everyone will play Pandarens for the first month and then the panda population will slowly even out to match Worgen, with blood elf close behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    At this point no, Blizzard Activision, couldn't do any more to disappoint me at this point, if SWOR winds up being good enough to be a replacement for my sci fiction taste, then, I would be pretty much done with Blizzard except for WoW, and once that's done, I wont be buying another WoW product in the future. I think greed became more important than, a quality product.
    Blizzard Activision is not making WoW, when will you trolls learn that Activision has nothing to do with WoW. Blizzard and Blizzard alone is the developer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe.. I can't imagine the cinematic being epic. Furry pandas.. Are they even at war with anyone? Surely Deathwing has come and gone by that time.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    im just sick of all the frigging threads popping up, people just jizzing there pants over data mined info that might not even be correct#

Quote Originally Posted by vikus View Post
    How can you possibly talk about patters? We have had 3 expansions, there is no way that a pattern could be known as currently we have had "race,heroclass,race" and if you put that in a pattern we would get "race,heroclass,race,race,heroclass,race"

Let Blizzard release some info about the ex pack befor you assume its going toi be world of Pandacraft. I felt the same way when i heard worgen would be playable.

Watch them put Padaren in as some ridiculously ripped/uncomfortably sexy furry race of badasses that consume human orphans to survive.
    Last edited by Kenerek; 2011-08-03 at 11:54 PM. Reason: it's uncomfortably, not uncomfortable.
    Arguing on the internet is like...

The only thing you know so far is the fucking NAME...
    N

I honestly don't think it's going to be an entire expansion. Part of one, yes. The entire thing? Unlikely. Honestly, I don't care, mostly because by that point, I'll be playing GW2 or TOR, or both. (Yay for no monthly fee with GW2) I love WoW, and always will, but I'm bored, time for something different.

Deleted
    Of all the things in the World of Warcraft to bother you it's this?! Not the fact a gnome can survive the swipe from a huge dragon... or the fact people run round morphing people into sheep, but no, a fighting panda confuses you?!

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    How can you possibly talk about patters? We have had 3 expansions, there is no way that a pattern could be known as currently we have had "race,heroclass,race" and if you put that in a pattern we would get "race,heroclass,race,race,heroclass,race"
    True, I accept that, but aside from patterns, don't you think two xpacks in a row offering new races is a little much? I mean, racials don't mean shit anymore and all new races are are new models that can do the same thing as any other existing race (unless Blizz makes a Panda only hero class or something). I mean c'mon, if Pandarens are introduced all we're gunna see is an overpopulation of furries with Pandas and Worgen taking up 75% of the population. Blood elves followed closely behind. I'd rather see new zones (and i mean completely new zones with new/Asian influenced features and shit), detailed quests and all that. Races get old fast.