Raid Mistake Alerts Addon

My guild has been trying to make progression in Firelands now for a few weeks, only having downed 1/7 bosses so far. I've noticed on many of our attempts on Shannox, people are suddenly dying out of nowhere, & won't speak up about what killed them, which is hindering our progression. I know there are addons out there that will announce when someone makes a mistake (stood in an immolation trap for instance), but I don't know the name of one.

Also, if there are any addons that can show me exactly what people are dying from in fights, that would be a huge help.

Thank you for reading & appreciate any advice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fatality is a good start, let's you know what killed the person.

I'm sure there's plenty more out there, that's just off the top of my head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lpfreak8304 View Post
    My guild has been trying to make progression in Firelands now for a few weeks, only having downed 1/7 bosses so far. I've noticed on many of our attempts on Shannox, people are suddenly dying out of nowhere, & won't speak up about what killed them, which is hindering our progression. I know there are addons out there that will announce when someone makes a mistake (stood in an immolation trap for instance), but I don't know the name of one.

Also, if there are any addons that can show me exactly what people are dying from in fights, that would be a huge help.

Thank you for reading & appreciate any advice!
    Ensidia fails and Failbot are both good ones. Fatality is another but it's very basic... I suggest Ensidiafails as it has plenty of options and is properly maintained (the guy that coded failbot has quit wow).

It's handy, but I recommend setting it to whispers only for you and the other officers, as some people hide the fact they failed because they feel bad about it or whatever. It's also prudent to read into the fails as if you make a mistake doing something and that causes someone else to die, then they will show up on Efails, not you. Best of luck! It certainly helps when people know what mistakes they are making, and it's good to keep track of peoples performance in general.

I also suggest you record logs for World of Logs for a much more in-depth analysis of how your raid performed as a whole and individually. If you have any questions about how to use WoL properly then PM me and i'll point you in the right direction.

I have found PhoenixStyle to be somewhat superior to the other "fail addons" since WotLK already. I personally haven't used it in Firelands yet, however as an example of BwD. On Omnotron it would show up who triggered the slimes instead of just who dies (seems to be the case for other addons reading the reply of Alfred) and also if there was an aggro drop (vanish, feign death) used. It also had handy modules for bosses in WotLK, haven't really used it much this expansion.

I prefer PhoenixStyle over the "fail" addons as well. It tells you much more useful information and in less of a harsh way then just saying that people are failing at getting hit by things. Also get a good death addon like Acheron with this fix for patch 4.2:
    http://uploading.com/files/a21bbb6m/Acheron.lua/

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Another vote to Phoenix Style here - It also provides itself as a platform for a number of other useful raid chores, like sending timers to all boss mods, announcing certain events, shouting if people haven't been rebuffed after a brez etc.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

If you have Recount you can also look at Deaths to see what killed who, and if they received heals etc.

The people here are listing great addons - might I also suggest GTFO for everyone in the raid. It makes really annoying noises whenever you're standing in something that is or is about to be hurting you. The more annoying the noise, the more urgent your exit from the danger zone should be! :P
    Arguing on the internet is like...