Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orodoth View Post
    I just got finished reading the 4 part Batman series:The Dark Knight Returns. green Lantern was missing an arm, and shot superman with krytonite arrow. twas' epic.
    That was Green Arrow, not Green Lantern.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a lot of third world countries if a white person screamed what a colored person screams here they would get shot and killed.

What if Americans went and invaded another country through immigration, billboards got changed to English, and white people started saying stuff like this? They would hate it worse then we did.

Sorry if it's a bit off topic, but it seems this is the direction the thread is taking.

For me its not the fact that hes black and not white, its the fact that they change the race of the hero.

I for one am a huge Spawn fan, Spawn is Al Simmons, Al is black, if they suddenly decided to change Spawn to a white guy, I'd be pissed off, and I'm white (even though technically there are many Hellspawn).

It's the same with any super hero, obviously Green Lantern is a different thing completely cause there are many, but there's only one spider man, one super man, one batman.

Imagine if they suddenly decided fuck it all and make superman hispanic, or batman black, it's not about being racist, it's about changing history, it's stupid.

I would be pissed off if they made Cyborg, Al Simmons or Black Vulcan white, or hispanic or asian, they are black and they should stay that way.

Spiderman was white and he should stay that way.

Or how about an arabian super-hero ??

L O L !!!!
    PuGs is too stupid to understand such complicated boss mechanics as "don't stand in the giant ass fire"

10+ Year Old Account
    And Nick Fury is black...just gonna have to deal with it man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyHobbit View Post
    Or how about an arabian super-hero ??

L O L !!!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Adam

Lets make him white, or black? Black fits the name!

Spawn is Black... and as much as I love Spidey... Spawn is Effin' BADASS.

Point? Not sure...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holytrauma View Post
    I think the same thing when I see all these billboards in Spanish ;_;
    usually happens when your in Spain

I know where the OP is coming from, and I can totally sympathize with them. in this day in age people are all for equal rights, yet it seem to be that more and more people think that they are more equal than others.

Seems dramatic, especially their reasoning..

Adding another sidekick or enemy with that race would've been sufficient but to kill him to change his race to be more PC...
    Well blame the shitty society we are in where racism is sadly ruling the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiszh View Post
    Before i get misread, qouted out of context and flamed for no apperrent reason, i just want to say. I'm all for equality and multicutural acceptance.

/vent on
    They made Spiderman into a half hespanic half black kid. Their reason? They need to show the world they are multicultural.

I'm sorry? caucasian people don't have any cultures now? Spiderman was my very favorite comic growing up, now peter parker has to die, and a new latino/black kid has to take over, so that the minorities can see them selves in spiderman. What about the white kids?

To me it seems that everyday every company, country and person is afraid of being white, it might offend someone from another background.

Seriously what has the world come to, when we need to make sure that black and latinos are represented in a comic that is mainly produced for kids especially considdering that spiderman already had a black good friend and the characters were made like they were made nothing you can really do about it, except ofcourse killing off the main character..

Why does a COMIC COMPANY have to kill off it's main character and create a new one with a different skin color. If people like the comic it's not because of how peter parker looks. It's ridicolous.

This is about more than just a comic, this is just the straw that broke the camels back. All the people that still scream "Black people don't have equal rights" or "Racism" because you got caught shop lifting or what ever. Stop it. Caucasions are a "race" too. You don't see a white person screaming racism when he or she gets caught shoplifting. You ruin good things with your bullshit, because you make politicians nervous.

/vent off
    to be fair, one of original green lantens was black now hes a white guy in the DC/marvel universes its not uncommon for a heros name to be passed onto several other people through the course of history

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this has to do with the whole 'politically correct' thing for 'equal representation'. I don't know exactly when it came down to the color of a person's skin (I'm not that old), but I look a person's character before their skin color. I want to say MOST of the younger generation feel the same way, but we all have our stigmas and judgements and assumptions. I've never met a super racist before though. /:

Kind of sad when you see time old classics like Spider-man being touched by the ethnicity representation bug. He's in costume most of the time, no one cares about how he is in his normal life. They only care about the Spider-man part.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiszh View Post
    Before i get misread, qouted out of context and flamed for no apperrent reason, i just want to say. I'm all for equality and multicutural acceptance.

/vent on
    They made Spiderman into a half hespanic half black kid. Their reason? They need to show the world they are multicultural.

I'm sorry? caucasian people don't have any cultures now? Spiderman was my very favorite comic growing up, now peter parker has to die, and a new latino/black kid has to take over, so that the minorities can see them selves in spiderman. What about the white kids?

To me it seems that everyday every company, country and person is afraid of being white, it might offend someone from another background.

Seriously what has the world come to, when we need to make sure that black and latinos are represented in a comic that is mainly produced for kids especially considdering that spiderman already had a black good friend and the characters were made like they were made nothing you can really do about it, except ofcourse killing off the main character..

Why does a COMIC COMPANY have to kill off it's main character and create a new one with a different skin color. If people like the comic it's not because of how peter parker looks. It's ridicolous.

This is about more than just a comic, this is just the straw that broke the camels back. All the people that still scream "Black people don't have equal rights" or "Racism" because you got caught shop lifting or what ever. Stop it. Caucasions are a "race" too. You don't see a white person screaming racism when he or she gets caught shoplifting. You ruin good things with your bullshit, because you make politicians nervous.

/vent off
    Its hard to believe you are for equality when in the same breath, you complain that Spiderman isn't white anymore. Should it matter? Peter Parker had his run. Now its time for something fresh, someone new. It just happens he is of a different race. That doesn't matter. It should not affect you in any way.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that they are remaking the remake just seems ridiculous to me. *shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you talking about the new 2012 movie? If so, he doesn't look black at all: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Garfield

Deleted
    LOL
    they fkn killed parker?
    what sons of an ass they are

I feel like I'm missing something here... I know about the new Spiderman with Andrew Garfield (which looks ridiculous btw) but I feel like you guys are talking about something else... anyone explain?

The fact that he's half black half latino kinda shows you where they are going with this.

They should just make a hispanic/black super hero then. Make it original like... fried chicken burrito-man, or maybe they could just make a comic about a thug who's tupacs son! He would just go around the street shooting people with his glock and in one of the comics he goes back in time and shoots his own dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

I don't know much about marvel but doesn't parker have to be died so 2099 can be born?
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

I'm suffocating in all the white male privilege in this thread.