Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    Are you talking about the new 2012 movie? If so, he doesn't look black at all: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Garfield
    It's amazing what you can do with make-up. :P

In all honesty: A few things about this are wrong.
    First: The whole 'ultimate' versus 'normal' universe. I'm sorry; that's just sad. Then again; Marvel isn't know for it's great storytelling.
    Second: Why should you care about what race the new kid is? Race really doesn't matter. I know roleplayers who simply pick a a number of races equal to the size of a die (usually six sided or ten sided), roll the die, and pick the race that comes up for their characters.
    Marvel seemed to want a new Spiderman hero. If you make the new one the same as the old one, then there's hardly a new one, now is there?
    Meh; if you ask me, the new Spiderman should have been Thai, or maybe south-Korean.
    Hell; if you really want Spiderman to be a minority, why not make the character... Oh, San bushmen? Not that many alive today, so I guess they'd count as 'minority.'

They made the milkybar kid black 2... true story.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Wouldn't it have been easier to make a new comic where the hero just happens to be Hispanic? And have him not be Taco Man or Burrito Man or something stupid like that.
    This is exactly what my thoughts are. I have no problems with Hispanic superheroes. Hell, my fiance is Puerto Rican. But Peter Parker is Spider Man and Peter Parker is white.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Personally I'm not a fan of comic books but if they do feel that they need to head down the politically correct route they should start producing the multi-culture pals I mean I would actually read that even if they chose to drop the other minorities and just started making "the negotiator" comics.

A few things:

A) In America, if i call up a company, I don't want to hear their message in English, Spanish, French, and Portugese before I can advance to the next one. this is America, we speak English. Make options to hear the other languages, but it's just really annoying.
    B) A white caucasion with a 95 average should NOT have a lower chance of getting into college than a black orphan whose from Africa and grew up in India.
    C) Affirmative action has been 50X more than it should've been. The debt is paid now. Now stop bugging me colleges, how you're so diverse. I don't care. Most minorities today don't care about affirmative action that they didn't do anything in the current age to deserve, and will tell you that.

---------- Post added 2011-08-04 at 09:19 PM ----------

Everyone is just so obsessed with diversity that it's bugging me out. I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE A HALF HISPANIC BLACK KID WITH TWO COLORS HAIR WHOSE ALSO GAY PLAYING SPIDERMAN. I JUST WANT A FREAKING SPIDERMAN!!!!!!

For the record I'm not so much a fan of killing Parker period, much less replacing him with a brand new character, whatever the race. I feel he should have been built up to some degree, not simply...oh, here you go, here's the suit, here's the powers, here's your new Spider Man.

Side topic: The DC Reboot...that African Batman looks freakin' awesome.
    "Gradually it was disclosed to me that the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart, and through all human hearts. This line shifts. Inside us, it oscillates with the years. Even within hearts overwhelmed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained; and even in the best of all hearts, there remains a small corner of evil." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    Its hard to believe you are for equality when in the same breath, you complain that Spiderman isn't white anymore. Should it matter? Peter Parker had his run. Now its time for something fresh, someone new. It just happens he is of a different race. That doesn't matter. It should not affect you in any way.
    It's not because spiderman took a race change i'm mad, It's because he has to.

This whole thread, as it seems i may have to show you whats between the lines of my venting. was made because I personally feel that every day i have to hear about a group of people or the opposite sex or whatever is getting discriminated. While all in all it's just whining because someone got passed for a promotion and was a minority. or a female or gay or half k9 or whatever.

In fact, yesterday on the news, second generation immigrants were feeling discriminated because more of them was being searched for weapons.

1. When more of "Them" gets searched then it's the whites getting discriminated.
    2. It's in a notourious gang area where second generation immigrants are the only gangs in Denmark bar the bikers
    3. 9/10 shootings here involve immigrants first second or third generation.
    4. The area has more immigrants than danes living there

but yea. Lets scream FUCKING DISCRIMINATION and get it our way.

Marvel shouldn't have the change a iconic comic figure because political correctness says so.

I swear. Political correctness is gonna be the end of the society as we know it, because everyone is afraid to call a turd for a turd

......Do I really care? Its just a comic, so kindly please calm down.
    Last edited by TitanTyr; 2011-08-05 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    It's amazing what you can do with make-up. :P

In all honesty: A few things about this are wrong.
    First: The whole 'ultimate' versus 'normal' universe. I'm sorry; that's just sad. Then again; Marvel isn't know for it's great storytelling.
    Second: Why should you care about what race the new kid is? Race really doesn't matter. I know roleplayers who simply pick a a number of races equal to the size of a die (usually six sided or ten sided), roll the die, and pick the race that comes up for their characters.
    Marvel seemed to want a new Spiderman hero. If you make the new one the same as the old one, then there's hardly a new one, now is there?
    Meh; if you ask me, the new Spiderman should have been Thai, or maybe south-Korean.
    Hell; if you really want Spiderman to be a minority, why not make the character... Oh, San bushmen? Not that many alive today, so I guess they'd count as 'minority.'
    They're not changing Spiderman from the original movie it seems like. He's still getting his powers, learning how to use his powers, and fighting bad guys. How much are they changing???

---------- Post added 2011-08-04 at 09:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TitanTyr View Post
    ......Do I really care? Its just a comic, so kindly please calm down.
    It's manifestations exist in everyday life and can often be a nuisance, especially when they're in your face.

---------- Post added 2011-08-04 at 09:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kiszh View Post

This whole thread, as it seems i may have to show you whats between the lines of my venting. was made because I personally feel that every day i have to hear about a group of people or the opposite sex or whatever is getting discriminated. While all in all it's just whining because someone got passed for a promotion and was a minority. or a female or gay or half k9 or whatever.

In fact, yesterday on the news, second generation immigrants were feeling discriminated because more of them was being searched for weapons.

1. When more of "Them" gets searched then it's the whites getting discriminated.
    2. It's in a notourious gang area where second generation immigrants are the only gangs in Denmark bar the bikers

Marvel shouldn't have the change a iconic comic figure because political correctness says so.

I swear. Political correctness is gonna be the end of the society as we know it, because everyone is afraid to call a turd for a turd
    I agree! It's not discrimination. You didn't get the job opening, get over it, it's not discrimination, don't even think of taking it to court. Of course, they will take it to court, because they know they'll win.

soooo many idiots who don`t know how comic universes work.... such a simple concept.....

Quote Originally Posted by Holytrauma View Post
    I think the same thing when I see all these billboards in Spanish ;_;
    Yet another uneducated white person. You are aware the U.S. is the only 1st world nation that only promotes one language and yet we have the worst success rate in school of all first world nations. Studies time and time again show that teaching people more than one language increases their ability to learn and retain knowledge. Granted, I'm not a fan of Spanish, I'd prefer Russian or any of the Scandinavian languages, just because I think they sound cool.
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiszh View Post

I agree! It's not discrimination. You didn't get the job opening, get over it, it's not discrimination, don't even think of taking it to court. Of course, they will take it to court, because they know they'll win.

Lol...comic universes are simple. Cosmic forces, gods, time-travel, death and resurrection, death and rebirth again, infinite universes inside of universes. Yeah... real simple to the average reader just picking up a Marvel or DC book.
    "Gradually it was disclosed to me that the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart, and through all human hearts. This line shifts. Inside us, it oscillates with the years. Even within hearts overwhelmed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained; and even in the best of all hearts, there remains a small corner of evil." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

It's not retarded because of the minority thing. It's retarded because they're killing off spiderman yet continuing the story anyway.

I mean, if they're going to continue the story, why kill him at all? It's racist and dumb just to kill him because he's white, so that shouldn't be a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Penatar View Post
    Yet another uneducated white person. You are aware the U.S. is the only 1st world nation that only promotes one language and yet we have the worst success rate in school of all first world nations. Studies time and time again show that teaching people more than one language increases their ability to learn and retain knowledge. Granted, I'm not a fan of Spanish, I'd prefer Russian or any of the Scandinavian languages, just because I think they sound cool.
    In my school, I had to learn 3 languages. Trust me, I've seen plenty of stupid kids even though they learned 3 languages. I think the failure of the American public education system is for other reasons, and should be fixed immediately.

Thread made me think of Black Lightning. Funny.

OT: spider-man is a white boy. should stay that way. yee...haw...

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the new spiderman movie (the one coming out in 2012) starring Andrew Garfield? Because he's totally not black or hispanic. He's Jewish... I know because of research that is totally important.

I'm surprised no one has said a conspiracy theory lie "This is due to Barack Obama! He's the cause of this! He's forcing Hollywood to do this!"

Yes, because Caucasian characters are so under represented in comic heroes. LOL.

First: They are not killing spiderman. They are not replacing him with a black character. They are killing off alternate timeline spiderman for "marvel ultimate" timeline. How many people here even read comics? I bet a lot of people are just expressinve faux outrage just because they can. Zomg marvel is making a not white hero. The horror.

So what? They wanted to give him a unique heritage. Okay, does this injure you? No? Why are you complaining?

Also, they planned killing off Spiderman before they planned who his successor would be. They aren't killing him off in order to replace him, the replacement was an idea after. They decided they wanted to have a character that minority kids could identify with. Oh my god white people, you're not getting pandered to with one superhero in a comic in an alternate timeline, it's discrimination I tell you! So hard being white. = (
    Last edited by Rukh; 2011-08-05 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruul View Post
    to be fair, one of original green lantens was black now hes a white guy in the DC/marvel universes its not uncommon for a heros name to be passed onto several other people through the course of history
    Umm to be fair I'm going to assume you don't know much about Green Lantern. The movie is using the character Hal Jordan the first Human Green Lantern that was part of the Corps. Here's a quote from a quick google search

Quote Originally Posted by www.comicvine.com
    Hal Jordan is the first human Green Lantern of Sector 2814. It's true that Alan Scott was the first Green Lantern, but he wasn't a member of the Corps. Hal Jordan has been called time and time again "The Greatest of the Green Lanterns," but is he truly the greatest?Hal is just the first of four human Lanterns from sector 2814, but he's the most memorable. His history is pretty dense and he's gone through some crazy moments, watching his home town get destroyed, to murdering other Green Lanterns while under the control of Parallax, to being the host for the Spectre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    Yes it is. In fact, the next expansion is going to be called "Mists of Metzen" and is just going to be various mobs with his face stuck on them.