Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Realize that it's an annual trend pointed at the summer season, like every past year? Subs started dipping in March/April, which is typically coming into Exam season for the Winter semester for college/university. Then you have summer holidays for those students (and high schoolers too), which tends to involve alot of vacations, camping, partying, drinking... everything half the trolls on this forum do NOT do.
    Where are you getting that from? I haven't ever seen anything to support that-- if anything, my experience is that all of the students, jr high-college, resub for the summer after unsubbing because they needed to concentrate on school work-- summer is full to the brim with students that weren't on during the school year. It's one of the reasons BGs always suck so bad in the summer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corblimey111 View Post
    The playerbase asked if they could revamp the old content. NOT MAKE ENTIRE EXPANSIONS OUT OF IT.
    I'm not sure if serious...

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    How could he buy out Blizzard when Blizzard doesnt even own Blizzard. Vivendi owns Blizzard and bought out Activision and merged them together. Activision has no say or influence on what Blizzard does with WoW

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activision_Blizzard
    Yes, I'm arguing that Activision has no say or influence over Blizzard too. People just won't listen.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Deleted
    Hey EVERYBODY.......

Tauror thinks the PLAYERBASE (thats us) asked for entire expansion to be made out of REUSED CONTENT.

Can we all agree he is trolling?

<Infracted>
    Last edited by Phenomina; 2011-08-05 at 08:20 PM.

Hey EVERYBODY.......

Tauror thinks the PLAYERBASE (thats us) asked for entire expansion to be made out of REUSED CONTENT.

Actually, they didn't say anything like that. You just can't read. Or more likely, ignore various parts of posts so you can pretend that they are wrong, since you know that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Not that watching you flail about attempting to post isn't entertaining.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucarocks92 View Post
    they dont care about making the game good anymore they just want every single player to be happy
    People being happy?

SHIT IDEA PZ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey EVERYBODY.......

You are asking to be banned, you do realize that, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Actually, they didn't say anything like that. You just can't read. Or more likely, ignore various parts of posts so you can pretend that they are wrong, since you know that you have no clue what you are talking about.

That's I posted "Not sure if serious", but it looks like he is, since he completely missed the point. :\

OP you're right, but you're also wrong.

For "hardcore" gamers, Activision killed WoW by making it an extremely casual friendly game. While a majority of WoW players may disagree and say that they hate grinding, it's true. But they have a right to disagree though, because a majority of WoW players ARE "casual" gamers who do enjoy near instant gratification. That's not a bad thing, it's just different from what WoW used to be focused to. The entire new focus of WoW is to appeal to a broader gaming demographic (which is why there are hardmodes) and they're doing just that.

Honestly, if you want a harder game, I suggest playing something less popular.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Deleted
    Meh, for me the game got stale with little reward to play. Me and my friends all bought up one night that we were just playing still so that we would not abandon eachother in game.

so we all quit.

Who knows what the future holds though, one day I may be back, I may not. The one thing I do know is that the magic for me is truely gone.

(In advance all of this is MY own opinion so no need to get all defensive and flame the hell out of my post. I think wow is a good game and while I dont think its dying I think its glory days are truely over)

Deleted
    Its always been like that in WoW in terms of instance.. oh nvm that even the old BC instances had a purpose back in BC.

Sorry to say but WOTLK and CATA doesnt feel like an expansion. BC just had 2 new races but they changed the gameplay alot. To keep it in the road, they must add 2-4 classes in every expansion. Okay, actually, alot of the classes changed in WOTLK but nothing in CATA. Wtf, did i just notice moving around while casting spells? Whats new anyway? Two new spells on the road for 81-85? Thanks alot. Even if i missed some, it just feels more like trinkets.

The WoW is also messed up due to the amount of life. I dont remember much but i guess the pvp players had : around 6k life in vanilla, around 12k life in BC, around 30k life in WOTLK and around 120k life in Cataclysm if im not wrong here? I must say that it should have stayed at 12k but its not even possible. But increasing the life in such huge portions while keeping one shoting is just a no.

It feels like WoW has gone from vanillas stable numbers of dps to a freaking dual wielding ak47 number rain. So many instants, its too many skills in the game and we want more. How about just changing the way spells work to keep us busy while you add talents? I mean Demonology from vanilla to BC was the same but got changed alot. I cant explain.

Its just that the new expansions doesnt feel like expansions. Even with a huge world. Or Cataclysm didnt have any huge world, or am i missing something? Thanks to the flying mounts the zones feels like kindergarden sandboxes. Its just so many flaws i cant even type normally.

Just no flying mounts in Pandaria.

Tone it down a bit with calling each others trolls and all the bickering. If you have facts bring them to the table or expect your point's to be challenged.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Activision doesn't own Blizzard. Vivendi owns them both, but they are only linked by that fine thread, nothing else.
    And yet we're all apparently tinfoil hat wearing neanderthals for repeatedly pointing this out.

You know what's killing WOW? A fickle player base that doesn't have a damn clue what it wants.

-Players cried that Wrath was too easy so the difficulty was ramped up in Cata.
    -Ironically, despite this argument, the contradictory argument was also made that raid content was still largely inaccessible to the casual playerbase, so Blizzard makes 10 and 25 person content equally tuned and equally rewarding as far as quality of gear.
    -Cata launches and the same playerbase that cried WotLK was too easy is crying that Cata is too hard.
    -Nostalgic players and those who never got the chance to experience ZA/ZG voiced their desire to wish to see those dungeons again. Blizzard obliges and the crowd does a 180 and pans Blizzard for recycling content.
    -Bad players passing themselves off as casuals continue to argue that the endgame is still largely difficult and inaccessible.
    -Bad players passing themselves off as hardcore continue to argue that the endgame is still far too easy, citing how quickly Firelands was cleared by a bleeding edge minority that they've deluded themselves into believe that they're a part of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Its just that the new expansions doesnt feel like expansions. Even with a huge world. Or Cataclysm didnt have any huge world, or am i missing something? Thanks to the flying mounts the zones feels like kindergarden sandboxes. Its just so many flaws i cant even type normally.

Just no flying mounts in Pandaria.
    Fly from the north end to the south end of Kalimdor. See how long that takes and still claim the world is tiny.

Kill it? No. Make it take a turn for the worse? Yes. I still play wow and will continue to play until I find it terrible. I could care less what the sub count is. However, anyone who is not blind to the world knows what path WoW is taking, and how it is progressively being destroyed by greedy people.

The playerbase asked if they could revamp the old content. NOT MAKE ENTIRE EXPANSIONS OUT OF IT.
    Wait... did i miss an expansion? What expansion are you playing?
    "It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice." ~Strakha

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dan828 View Post
    All other arguments aside, what would the corporate leadership do if the child company lost around a million customers, amounting to a loss of about $15 million in revenue per month?
    Attempt a hostile takeover. If it fails, they sell off the company at a loss.
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    Diablo 3 Profile

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post

I believe he's undergoing something similar to this:

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/1072/original/Trollface.png
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucarocks92 View Post
    Since activision took over blizzard the 2 expansions they made have been a total letdown and because they are gold diggers they dont care about making the game good anymore they just want every single player to be happy and to get everything with minimum effort, which has destroyed wow, when you are not raiding or doing pvp all there is to do is farm ZA,ZG wow that is so much fun, they even took a shortcut with 3.1 by releasing two 5mans that were revamped, then they released only a 7 boss raid which will probably last about 6months which is to long for only 7 bosses.

i started playing in the TBC times and that was the best game i ever played, that is why i didn't renew my subscription last month as i was just bored when ever i logged in, so this game's downfall came from Activision thank you very much Activision you destroyed the best game i ever played, and now i'm switching to star wars because you destroyed wow.

EDIT- For those of you who say "Activision dont have control over blizzard" if you honestly believe that u need a punch in the face, Activision bought blizz out for 18.8 billion dollars so if u think they have no control over what blizzard make then go crawl back under that rock you live in, everything blizz does is controlled by activision, so blizz are told what to do by activision.

YOU MAD!? I've played this game since it came out and you wanna know what you could do in vanilla during non-raid times? Farm pots, farm pots, farm pots, farm nr gear, farm pots, farm honorable kills, farm pots, farm pots, farm pots, farm nr gear, farm FR gear, farm FR gear and you know what? Farm pots.
    TBC was good compared to the other shit that was out at that time but if you actually go back and check the content out today, you'll see that it's complete shit compared to Cataclysm and even Wotlk. It's like the third world man.

What you are experiencing is just nostalgia. Been there aswell but then you open your eyes and see things as they are and not as you saw them in certain period.