Optimal Opener Demo?

What is the best opener for demo.

I usually run in Pre Pot>CoE>Bane of Doom>Pop all cds (chalice demo, immolate aura)> Felstorm>Immolate>Hand of Gul'dan>Corruption>Then soulburn Felhunter> and last but not least doomguard..

Am i doing it wrong?

Thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ch1odos View Post
    What is the best opener for demo.

I usually run in Pre Pot>CoE>Bane of Doom>Pop all cds (chalice demo, immolate aura)> Felstorm>Immolate>Hand of Gul'dan>Corruption>Then soulburn Felhunter> and last but not least doomguard..

Am i doing it wrong?

Thanks
    Why would you cast bane of doom before popping all cooldowns? You could nearly double the damage it do by casting it after the cooldowns.
    I also believe it is a dps gain to cast doom after immolate/HoG/corruption to ensure some trinket procs.

If I'm not mistaken, BoD has the highest DPCT out of all of our spells as Demonology. That being said, don't pop it before all your cooldowns. Prepot and CoE, then pop your CD's, and then get Immolate, HoG, and corr going while your FG spins. After that's done, get BoD off and your pot should still be up. Don't wait so long for Doomguard either, you want it to snapshot the highest value of both mastery and spell power during your opener (if you're popping it at the beginning of the fight). Once all that is said and done, it would be nice to get a Shadow Bite or 2 with the Chalice buff still up. If you find all this takes too long and chalice wears off before you get a chance to Soul burn in the Felpup, do it immediately when your FG finishes bladestorming.

10+ Year Old Account
    You put on a fullset of gear from last tier fully gemmed with mastery pop chalice then meta(possibly doomgaurd if its up) couple secs before pull...then swap your regular set on..enjoy the numbers
    Last edited by kushlol; 2011-08-07 at 12:52 PM.

Made by dubbelbasse

I Usually go Prepot>Coe>Meta>Ds>Leap(if fights permits)>Aura>felstorm>Soulburn sumon felhunter>Immo>HoG>Curr>BoD>shadowbolt and so on.

---------- Post added 2011-08-07 at 08:52 PM ----------

I get about 30-32k dps burst.
    My Tumblr. (:
    My warlock.
    My Paladin.
    My Lolking
    Lel I bought my spectral tiger from the horde auction house at 9 in the morning for the sweet sweet price of 1c.

If you don't have a Fire Mage or another Warlock providing the 5% spell crit debuff, it's worth it to open with a Shadow Bolt before Immolate. Even if you refresh Immolate, it won't update to the new crit value if the debuff is applied after Immolate is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    If you don't have a Fire Mage or another Warlock providing the 5% spell crit debuff, it's worth it to open with a Shadow Bolt before Immolate. Even if you refresh Immolate, it won't update to the new crit value if the debuff is applied after Immolate is up.
    As far as I know, debuffs change on the fly. For buffs the DoT ticks won't get updated and spells that are refreshed (like corruption for affliction) look at your stats each time you refresh them in order to prevent things like corruption rolling with certain trinkets and prepots.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    As far as I know, debuffs change on the fly. For buffs the DoT ticks won't get updated and spells that are refreshed (like corruption for affliction) look at your stats each time you refresh them in order to prevent things like corruption rolling with certain trinkets and prepots.
    Unless it changed in 4.2, it was tested and Shadow and Flame and Critical mass 5% crit buff, dots dont update on the fly with those buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post
    Why would you cast bane of doom before popping all cooldowns? You could nearly double the damage it do by casting it after the cooldowns.
    I also believe it is a dps gain to cast doom after immolate/HoG/corruption to ensure some trinket procs.
    Casting doom at the start, and then recasting it after all procs and cds are up gives you 5 ticks instead of 4 of the super doom

I'm pretty sure the first tick will still be a normal tick without all the extra stuff since the 4 super ticks just get tacked on to the end of doom. This needs some dummy testing though :P

Dots update per tick with target debuffs but are updated from your buffs on cast.

i recently made demo my main spec and getting really good.
    Check this link :

youtube.com/watch?v=eqcSNLz3nb0

I share my optimal opener. Not saying its the best but it suits my playstyle

Deleted
    Mine is:

Pre Pot > CoE > Hand of Gul'Dan > Immolate > Corruption > *I do these three to set off as many CDs as possible, maybe a shadowflame or BoA if theyre not up - hope CDs and buffs are up/Power Torrent/Lightweave etc* > Demon Soul / Orc Racial / Moonwell all at once > Meta > Immolation Aura > Doomguard > Fel Storm > BoD > Immolate (if far from HoG) > Corruption > Shadowflame > Soulburn > Felhunter > rotation...

Quote Originally Posted by Madmoos View Post
    i recently made demo my main spec and getting really good.
    Check this link :

youtube.com/watch?v=eqcSNLz3nb0

I share my optimal opener. Not saying its the best but it suits my playstyle
    Hi, what is name of that trinket/cloak/PT proc addon in middle of screen? That shows your procs, I have setup this in power auras, but this is better, you can see if it is off CD or not and other things. This thing are VERRY strong on fights like Baleroc where you pop hero on start and can pop Doomguard, it can do 17k DPS or maybe more in that one minute of his "life" when you do it right. And sure, it is good for BoD too.
    Last edited by Morath; 2011-08-08 at 12:22 PM.
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

Deleted
    You shouldn't just use Doomguard because of heroism/BL.. you should only pop DG when you have the best stats/buff yourself. DG is unaffected by hero/BL. Which luckily to say for the boss you speak of, will likely be at the beginning.

Really? If you pop him during heroism, it will not affect him? But reason is same, you have best buffs on you in first 10-15 seconds of combat.
    www.impiks.cz

Quote Originally Posted by Morath View Post
    Really? If you pop him during heroism, it will not affect him? But reason is same, you have best buffs on you in first 10-15 seconds of combat.
    Guardians do not receive any benefit from heroism or any other %casting speed buffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi, what is name of that trinket/cloak/PT proc addon in middle of screen? That shows your procs, I have setup this in power auras, but this is better, you can see if it is off CD or not and other things. This thing are VERRY strong on fights like Baleroc where you pop hero on start and can pop Doomguard, it can do 17k DPS or maybe more in that one minute of his "life" when you do it right. And sure, it is good for BoD too.
    Looks like http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...s/extracd.aspx
    Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us

Hey the name of that mod is extraCD : wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/extracd.aspx

Estasis and Jahrastafari said it all. Because Doomguard is not affected by Bloodlust, I use my Moonwell Chalice/Blood Fury/Demon Soul Macro + Volcanic Potion then summon him. If the boss does not have a burn phase, you can use Doom early in the fight when you have all your cds and procs; if not, its better, to save your Guardian for later in the fight

Damn, thanks for clarify, but still, pop him early in combat is best choice, because you mostly havent chance have all procs up again.

And thx for addon name.
    www.impiks.cz