Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Certain Race/Class Combos.

Yes this is a PvP question cause I don't really see how it applys to anything else in WoW.

But does anyone else HATE certain class/race combos that give off certain vibes?

Example = For me Female Blood Elf DK's give off such a try-hard vibe for me specially when I see one coming for me and I kill her.

Deleted
    Undead frost mages and priest, usually they are douches.

Night elf hunters or Rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Deleted
    ugh, undead frost mages and female belf dk/pallies

Male Undead frost mages are usually the tryhards and emote-spammers.

Male Orc Warriors never give up in arena, really annoys me. I met one in 5's last night who even though we killed 4 of his partners. Popped Reck and started bladestorming, then shieldwalled when we started killing him... 5v1.

That's about it. All the other class/race comps are just average. Undead Mages and Orc Warriors are the only class/race combo's where 90% of the people act different to a different race.

15+ Year Old Account
    "tryhard"?Any Gnome gives off the vibe of troll. I mean, they didn't roll it for the racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    "tryhard"?
    Surely you know what try-hard means?

On-Topic.

I hate

Basically anything blood elf but ESPECIALLY Blood elf female Death Knights...OMG do they give off the BIGGEST try-hard vibe or what?

No other races really bother me.

Though I hate when people like zero-in on you from halfway across the map and do NOTHING but go after you and only you ALL match.

That gives off a try-hard vibe.

15+ Year Old Account
    As Feral/Holy Paladin:

- Worst one has to be Feral/Disc. They can do anything we can, plus more...Just way to much CC, Mana Burn and ways to regen mana. These games usually last 20+ minutes but in the end we always tend to lose...Whenever we face a mirror (Feral/Holy Pala), even when they got like, a 2500 MMR while we're 200 below that...we will win. But a Feral/Disc that's say, on 2k? We'll lose after a long game. Meh.

The huge amount of this setup right now is actually the reason why I've quit 2v2's for a while.

- Second worst is Resto Druid / Warlock. Period CC'd, ugh...

- Third on the list is probablyFrost Mage / Disc Priest. 100% win, just takes quite long and the huge ammount of snares all the time and especially whenever the mage is 10% HP are just soooo frustrating.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still don't know what "tryhard" means in this context, but I think you missed the point of this thread Bald.

It seems to be what people's stigma is against certain race/class combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I still don't know what "tryhard" means in this context
    In PvP it means someone that tries REALLY hard to be good or trys REALLY hard to kill you.

Like a guy who rolls a FOTM class like when people rolled Frost DK's in 4.1.

But it turns out hes really shit at the class.

Or that one rogue that trys his HARDEST to kill you but you just /rofl at him as he blows all CD's to kill you and it never works.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah, so it's now bad to try hard. I'm clearly getting too old.

And that doing emotes is cool *scribbles down*.
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-08-07 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any Gnome.

Deleted
    male blood elf paladins.i rarely see one who isn't back pedaling.

and their turret style instant cast healing just makes me think he's like

"blue gem slot ? i'll just put a 40crit gem, cuz im a paladin"
    "movement speed enchant on boots? LOL.what's that?"
    "mana conservation !? that's for rets"
    "OHAI guys.check out my uber leet not absolutely dull at all tools : one dispelable stun, two dispelable immunities.SUPER FUN"
    and their one and only animation where they just raise their hands that just makes me wanna grab them and go like "stop hitting yourself!"

All humans

biggest try-hards of all races.

I dislike male draeneis also because they have annoying sounds.

Dwarf hunters also annoy me, especially backpeddling ones.

Any DK who opens with deathgrip, not because it's annoying but it just makes me facepalm internally.

Male draeneis
    Male trolls
    Male dwarfs
    Male nightelfs
    Male Taurens
    Any female character with a girls name

Personally, when I bg I always camp someone whos playing a female character with a girls name.

Deleted
    Undead Rogues - the bane of any Shadowpriest from Day 1 until infinity and beyond.

Blood Elf Retribution Paladins - Douchebag probability approaches 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm now seeing a trend of people with Goblin as their race for their characters as the try-hards, mainly Mages or Shaman, even moreso if they're Frost or Resto, respectively.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

I personally find this phenomenon to occur in human paladins, bloodelf deathknights, and any non-caster nightelf in general. These combinations seem to have an above average concentration of incompetent players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiva
    In PvP it means someone that tries REALLY hard to be good or trys REALLY hard to kill you.

Or that one rogue that trys his HARDEST to kill you but you just /rofl at him as he blows all CD's to kill you and it never works.
    Should players not try to be good? I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that someone who isn't good should just autorun into a corner instead of making an effort?

Based on your last scenario, I have to assume you have a healer of some kind. It's pretty hard to kill a good healer on your own, although a rogue is likely the best equipped to do it. If someone can't kill you though, what exactly would you have them do? Just because they can't take you down themselves, doesn't mean they're wasting their time. When I'm playing my shaman, it's true that most melee can't kill me on their own. Regardless, when someone is making that effort, I'm busy keeping alive instead of healing the rest of my team. I don't laugh at them, because their "try-harding" allows my teammates to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Slickx
    Male draeneis, Male trolls, Male dwarfs, Male nightelfs, Male Taurens, Any female character with a girls name
    So you presumably entirely hate every race that you don't play? And you prefer female characters to be named John?

Rogue/Mage/warlock undead . I just can't stand the way they both look doing what they do to me in BG's. The way undead cast spells drives me crazy.

I ALWAYS assume anyone playing an Undead (esp undead rogue/mage) is either a very young kid, or is an emo/cutter with dyed greasy black hair, pale and wearing all black clothes. Like those fing undead warlocks that used to sit on that column thing in Wintergrasp after they let flying allowed in WG and kill people as they zoned in to WG from the Dalaran port, then they would use their port to go off, THIS kind of asshole/childish greasy kid kind of stuff. Undead....

OH YEAH also HATE the long blonde haired Blood Elf Male Paladins. Just reminds me of Nazi's for some reason or some kind of pretty boy thing I never related to in life, and I assume the guys playing them just got home from the gym/basketball court, same thing with male warriors, they are like army guys IRL i bet.
    Last edited by Oznob; 2011-08-07 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by malpractis View Post
    male blood elf paladins.i rarely see one who isn't back pedaling.

and their turret style instant cast healing just makes me think he's like

"blue gem slot ? i'll just put a 40crit gem, cuz im a paladin"
    "movement speed enchant on boots? LOL.what's that?"
    "mana conservation !? that's for rets"
    "OHAI guys.check out my uber leet not absolutely dull at all tools : one dispelable stun, two dispelable immunities.SUPER FUN"
    and their one and only animation where they just raise their hands that just makes me wanna grab them and go like "stop hitting yourself!"
    god that shit is so funny bro +1 best one is
    "
    "blue gem slot ? i'll just put a 40crit gem, cuz im a paladin""

40 CRIT is fucking hilarious bro