Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Want a Class-only Flying mount for Warlock

Who else thinks this would be awesome? I remember in the past people talking bout wanting the Meta form from Demo spec as a flying "mount" form. Kinda like a Winged version of our Fel Steed (dont mention TRH or WG :P) or some kinda demonic dragon/drake/thingy...

Is there some lore related reason that warlocks are entitled to a class only mount that I'm not aware of?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m2geek View Post
    Who else thinks this would be awesome? I remember in the past people talking bout wanting the Meta form from Demo spec as a flying "mount" form. Kinda like a Winged version of our Fel Steed (dont mention TRH or WG :P) or some kinda demonic dragon/drake/thingy...
    Going with a Fel wyrm imo

I think rogues should get a rogue-only flying mount. Why? Because I want one.

The one I'd want is already in the game: Demon Form. Hell, it already has wings​.

Seriously, just give it a flying animation (If one doesn't already exist) and you're set. I'd level a warlock just for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Is there some lore related reason that warlocks are entitled to a class only mount that I'm not aware of?
    Mr. Dreadsteed wants to have a word with you

On-topic: While it would be nice, what could the possible benefit be for the game overall? It would open a floodgate of every other class who wants (read: DEMANDS) their own flying mount. This takes up tons of resources that could be spend elsewhere.

There are also several threads about this specific topic. Including ones that suggest which mounts Warlocks should get and what they should look like. If you search hard enough, you will even find suggestion threads for every other class and a few closely related threads.

Mandatory TLDR
    : Get over yourself. The above text was not that long...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JeKv View Post
    The one I'd want is already in the game: Demon Form. Hell, it already has wings​.

Seriously, just give it a flying animation (If one doesn't already exist) and you're set. I'd level a warlock just for that.
    The demon form has a floating animation, it's actually quite neat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Mandatory TLDR: Get over yourself. The above text was not that long...
    Cute :P

On-Topic: No - Then every class should get one. The ground mounts of Paladins & Warlocks are fine now, because of the insanely low cost of mounts, but flying mounts still add a major dynamic to the game. Getting one as a class, would cause a few in-balances.

I want a moose.

Blizzard wont do class mounts again ever. Well except for a hero class maybe
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I demand a flying chariot drawn by four flying Dreadsteeds.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    A warlock rips a demon from the demonic realms to do its bidding, and when it is no longer useful he sacrifices it to gain some of its power.

When a warlock needs to move fast he rips a fel stead out to ride.

When a warlock needs to fly he should rip a winged demon to ride.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Mr. Dreadsteed wants to have a word with you

On-topic: While it would be nice, what could the possible benefit be for the game overall? It would open a floodgate of every other class who wants (read: DEMANDS) their own flying mount. This takes up tons of resources that could be spend elsewhere.

There are also several threads about this specific topic. Including ones that suggest which mounts Warlocks should get and what they should look like. If you search hard enough, you will even find suggestion threads for every other class and a few closely related threads.

Mandatory TLDR
    : Get over yourself. The above text was not that long...

Give Warlocks a flying demon give Paladins an armored Pegasuses or something and were set. If they give flyers to the classes that already had ones to begin with, the QQing would be at a minimum I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by samin View Post
    i want a moose.
    i demand fel moose!

Isnt there already a death knight flight mount? and i know it isnt a mount but druids have flight form... just give the same to warlocks except demon form. I'd rather have an actual mount though.
    10 Hours of trolling a day makes the troll sadness go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    A warlock rips a demon from the demonic realms to do its bidding, and when it is no longer useful he sacrifices it to gain some of its power.

When a warlock needs to move fast he rips a fel stead out to ride.

When a warlock needs to fly he should rip a winged demon to ride.
    I don't know about you; but I stole the horse out from under Arthas, I ripped the head off of Mimiron's machine, I talked to a shady looking guy in Shadowmoon Valley who promised me worlds of wonder and awe once I took to the skies and instead sold me a retarded green lion-with-wings that flies slower than a lead coated ostrich.

We don't need another mount

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerD24 View Post
    Isnt there already a death knight flight mount? and i know it isnt a mount but druids have flight form... just give the same to warlocks except demon form. I'd rather have an actual mount though.
    The bald bird...*shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do miss the days of questing for the dreadsteed mount I just don't see this happening. Remember the massive flood of whine when druids got their flying form? It's funny how much weight people put into these "relatively useless" things such as mounts. Same mechanic, different skin.

If anything give the class specific mount to another class that doesn't have two ground mounts already >.>
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    If they give flyers to the classes that already had ones to begin with, the QQing would be at a minimum I think.
    You are talking about a community that would even complain about gravity, if they knew it existed...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    The bald bird...*shrugs*
    That was placeholder its cooler looking now havnt you seen it?