Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Things that could make you quit WoW (or already have)?

i've quit WoW a couple times in the 7 years i've been playing, always come back within 1-6 months like everyone because when i get bored i think about how i could so easily be eating hours of boredom up effortlessly with WoW. Lately i've bee thinking about it again as i find myself just not enjoying anything in it anymore for the most part. things i enjoy in the game are so tedious to me now or i have less or no illusions about them and see them for being as shitty as they accurately are that i can't even convince myself it's fun or worth my time (and SO much time).

i figure i'm not the only one as a bunch of people are leaving WoW and lots who stay are probably day in day out smacked in the face with the question "why am i even still playing this?". this is not to say "the game sucks" or that i don't understand the appeal or why anyone is still playing and if you're still thoroughly enjoying the game this is obviously not directed at you or trying to negate what you enjoy.

what are the things that make you think about quitting the game for good?

for me it would be:

1: pvp is, was, and always will be fucked. there is no semblance of balance to the game whatsoever never has been never will be, sure it's great when your class is on top and everything but eventually your class will probably be a steaming pile of worthless garbage and thus all the time/gold/etc you invested in your character you built up so much over years of play is ultimately for nothing. if i play street fighter or counter strike or any other game designed for pvp and think about it for 2 seconds i see what actual balanced pvp looks like and understand those games appeal, then i think about the fact that pvp exists in WoW and the way it is implemented and almost get angry about how shitty it is when it totally could be fine if they gave half a shit about making it fine ever, but i guess 1/3rd of your games population is not motivation enough to put an ounce of effort forth or toss them a bone once in a while or anything.

dumb example: did 2v2 (unbalanced bracket no one takes seriously, i know, still it exists and is easier to run than 3's because you only need 1 other person to be online to run games and there's no reason it has to be this retarded) the other day, warrior/rshammy vs. warrior/hpaly (i'm the war on the war/shammy team). killed their warrior in under 2 minutes, 2v1 the hpaly, unable to kill him for 45 fucking minutes doing everything i can and interrupting whenever possible, he never goes completely oom and never dips below %25 health with me stuck to him the entire time, he runs out the clock and no one wins. the fact that shit like this can even happen in this game makes me want to delete all my toons and uninstall. this is not even a rant about hpaly's, it's the fact that shit this dumb (or even dumber) happens all the time with a ton of classes/comps/etc.

so i get frustrated with pvp (big surprise almost everyone is) and try pve, i can dps stuff and wait 30 minutes for a queue to pop and join some failed group where everyone instantly leaves and i'm stuck with no group in a dungeon that's partially finnished anyway, can leave and endure a 30 minute cooldown before i can even QUEUE again and wait ANOTHER 30 minutes for a tank to show up and a group to form to MAYBE finnish a 5 MAN HEROIC OMG SO HARD, for crap gear no one would want at this point and wowowowow points i can save up for weeks/months for LAST seasons raid gear, to eveb START having a hope to get in to some too big for it's britches pug raid that no doubt falls apart before it completes shit anyway YAY FUN.

in fact even as i'm typing this i'm already bored and done with this game so your turn now. what makes you want to quit?

Honestly, I've quit and come back a few times. When I do leave, it's a decision that's made with my friends.

I play to have fun and socialize, so when my friends decide it's time to hang it up, I'm usually right there with them. I'm trying to shake the Firelands funk right now, but I've bumped myself down to a casual player for now.

Deleted
    SWTOR's release, if it's any good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitasia View Post
    Honestly, I've quit and come back a few times. When I do leave, it's a decision that's made with my friends.

I play to have fun and socialize, so when my friends decide it's time to hang it up, I'm usually right there with them. I'm trying to shake the Firelands funk right now, but I've bumped myself down to a casual player for now.
    I can second this. My friends play a pretty solid role in my playing of the game. If they all up and quit (like right now) then I generally unsubscribe and go with.

The game isn't anything if you don't have friends playing.

Everytime someone mentions "SWTOR" or says something about "MAN, THAT SWTOR IS GONNA RAMP IT UP." I laugh.

People putting hype or faith into the MMO market are hilarious. There is nothing promising about SWTOR whatsoever. The entire game looks rushed and the graphics look like something close to WoW with glowing things everywhere. Nintendo 64 at best, again.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRayken View Post
    Everytime someone mentions "SWTOR" or says something about "MAN, THAT SWTOR IS GONNA RAMP IT UP." I laugh.

People putting hype or faith into the MMO market are hilarious. There is nothing promising about SWTOR whatsoever. The entire game looks rushed and the graphics look like something close to WoW with glowing things everywhere. Nintendo 64 at best, again.
    Blind faith is bad, but bashing with the same experience is equally bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingolicious View Post
    Blind faith is bad, but bashing with the same experience is equally bad.
    I assure you, sampling the statistics of the current MMORPG market and their varying levels of success based upon the same tired mechanics WoW popularized has nothing to do with faith.

Taking it one step further, it's especially apparent when you see absolutely no new mechanics or promising game play whatsoever from any video SWTOR has released, and the intellectual property is even more used than Fantasy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

Deleted
    I assure you, sampling the statistics of the current MMORPG market and their varying levels of success based upon the same tired mechanics WoW popularized has nothing to do with faith.

Taking it one step further, it's especially apparent when you see absolutely no new mechanics or promising game play whatsoever from any video SWTOR has released, and the intellectual property is even more used than Fantasy.
    No promising gameplay? Have you not watched any of the trailers then?

You have never played a Bioware game, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    I can second this. My friends play a pretty solid role in my playing of the game. If they all up and quit (like right now) then I generally unsubscribe and go with.

The game isn't anything if you don't have friends playing.
    all my IRL friends quit years ago...

SWTOR
    non puggable content
    and friends leaving/guild collapsing

was playing for 6years and suddenly just lost the will to play... so i stopped and im good with it...

What made me stop playing WoW....

The players !

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Monthly premium increase.
    2. Trolls run out of funny things to say on trade.
    3. Pandarians.
    METAL

The realization that WoW asks too much from you. The constant grind to stay viable in game (if raiding is your goal). The return on time invested is ridiculous. Weeks, months spent doing the same thing over and over. Meh, not worth it anymore (for me that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
    The realization that WoW asks too much from you. The constant grind to stay viable in game (if raiding is your goal). The return on time invested is ridiculous. Weeks, months spent doing the same thing over and over. Meh, not worth it anymore (for me that is).
    ^^this. like i understand grinding and yet people still complain "gear is too easy to get" and yet you must bust your ass (for a game you supposedly play for fun and pay monthly for the priviledge of doing so) to get gear to just be on par with the other people who are able to run content be it arenas/rbg's or raids, then new content comes out and it's all for nothing/can't take any of your effort with you and it never ends, always gonna make your gear obsolete, always going to be grinding to catch up.

i thought one day, if someone put this much effort and time into schooling that they do into being viable in WoW they could have a PHD and a sick career and salary.

Deleted
    The main reasons i stay away from this game:

1. PvP is totally screwed now. Instant attacks here and there. Even if i did hate Vanilla so much, i would want the classes to be downgraded to those back in Vanilla but fix the mana problems and fix some spells. Im tired of seeing people burst me down in three seconds. It sucks, it just SUCKS! OKAY!?
    Rofl i miss those days my paladin got two epics and got feared in WSG. I ran in the middle and searched for victims. Three players on me took like 30 seconds.
    Nowadays, it takes 0.39991 seconds normally.
    Im tired of PvPing, im tired of ratings, im tired of the amounts of spells.

2. The lore. Oh god how can i hate lore so much?! I dont actually. Or i didnt. I found pirates vs defias interesting, war alliance vs horde interesting, zones interesting, anything but dragons and magic.
    How did it turn out?
    PIRATES: They are faded out and forgotten i guess. And even if Blizzard would bring them back to the table i would be bored cause there would either be a magical demon there or a freaking dragon controlling them.
    WAR: It doesnt make sense anymore. Garrosh should be beheaded so should the king dude. They seem to be really crazy now.
    ZONES: No more souls on them. Azshara raid in Azshara would be interesting for example.

3. Bosses not impacting my brain. I didnt like Ragnaros, seriously i didnt, not even KelThuzad but TBCs bosses were interesting and i kept watching an eye over them. I loved Gruul, that blue pitlord, uh Illidan, anything until Eredar lords.
    Lich King interested me at the start. But then he turned to be a "man that touched a sword and got too godly" and i was like "yeah right alliance and horde against him and later on 10 nobodys will down him after about a week".
    The weird thing is that the black dragon actually hold my interest. Not the magic old dragon, but the black one in hell. I dont know why but its the only dragon i actually cared about. I raided him lol.
    Now, its Death Wing. You know what? I dont care. Just make an expansion focusing on headless horseman instead. Its just more interesting.

4. Players. Most of them are unsocial. Its no point. And to add, many are rude and elitist.

Sadly the playerbase is so big, ill stay away from any game they got their eyes on, now being SWTOR. I just dont want to see those players anymore.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    the fact i cant have 8 hour sessions anymore like i use to in TBC, max i could play for before i quit was 1 hour and i was bored. if u ar not raiding or pvp there is nothing to do in game that is fun and takes up time, in TBC i could do a 12 hour session and still wanted to play more.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that is going to make me quit WoW is if the community continues to decline faster than a lead weight in water. This is not a reference to sub losses, this is me saying the quality of the community has sunk badly.

If MoP is in fact the next expansion and pandaren become a playable race.