Page 75 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I watched through wigan - west brom today and I kinda like the way wigan are playing, I like the ideas behind martinez sadly he doesn't really have the players to support the playstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Great win today, surprised it was only 5. Wolves fans are absolutely brilliant though, banter from start to finish and stayed right to the end to see if their team could score.

GD gap shortened, 4 points clear at the top.

And someone check if Hell's frozen over. Torres just scored.... ok granted it's against Leicester but still.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Yeah great win that puts the pressure on City, lets hope Chelsea can get at least a draw on Wednesday night.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't fancy City's run in now.

Chelsea at home.
    Away at Stoke.
    Sunderland at home.
    Away at Arsenal.
    Home to West Brom
    Away to Norwich.
    Away to Wolves
    Home to Manchester United.
    Away to Newcastle.
    Home to QPR.

Of that, Chelsea, Stoke, Arsenal and Norwich are all games before the Manchester Derby where they're at a good risk of dropping points. Then after the Manc Derby they still need to go away to Newcastle. There's always potential risk with Sunderland too but I can see them getting a win out of that one. West Brom and Wolves shouldn't be a problem, will be interesting if the title does go to the final day and QPR are battling against relegation.

---------- Post added 2012-03-18 at 04:03 PM ----------

And that's two for Torres.... hope he hasn't just done his goal quota for 2012.

A very difficult run for City indeed, though QPR will be relegated before that last City match! The Chelsea game is going to be a good one, with most players full of confidence, even Torres!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    And that's two for Torres.... hope he hasn't just done his goal quota for 2012.
    Hope he has just done his goal quota for the next 3 weeks. I'd be pissed if he scored against Benfica in CL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some sad news from north of the Border.

In yesterday's Scottish League Cup final, minutes after beating Celtic 1-0, Kilmarnock player Liam Kelly was told his father had suffered a heart attack in the stands, not waiting to collect his medal he left (the rest of the team were informed after the trophy presentation) Sadly his father passed away last night.

On a positive note, Muamba is able to move his arms and legs, his heart is functioning on it's own without medication and he's speaking basic sentences in both English and French.

On their way to Blackburn for their match this evening, the Sunderland FC squad stopped by the Reebok Stadium with a shirt signed by the entire team with messages of support for Muamba laying it at the Vigil that's formed outside the stadium.

Absolute class act from them.

Deleted
    It is nice to see that regardless of all the rivalries in football that we all unite and pray for the wellbeing of Muamba.

Truly inspiring how players from not only the EPL but all around the world are showing their support; it could have easily happened to any one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Four pretty crucial games in the makeup of the top half of the division tomorrow. Spurs should be looking at using this opportunity to solidify their position, Stoke are dreadful away from home and Arsenal have a tough fixture at Goodison.

QPR/Liverpool will give us a good idea of how 7th-10th is going to end up, especially if Sunderland pick up a result against Blackburn tonight, and whether or not Rangers are going to have any breathing room in the 5 way relegation battle.

Oh and then there's City and Chelsea, God only knows what can happen there... (and come on you rentboys)
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-03-20 at 11:50 PM.

Deleted
    not premier league but...
    Leeds United 3-7 Nottingham Forest, WTF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always glad to see someone kick the shit out of the scum, good one Forest.

Huge win for Blackburn tonight, they're doing everything right at the moment with regards to getting out of the 5 way drop fight.

Deleted
    Sorry to bring the Messi topic up again but it deserves a mention, last night he became Barcelona's all time leading scorer aged just 24, he also got his 8th hat-trick of the season, pretty incredible achievement for a player of his age to be setting such records.

Onto the PL and its a massive night in the race for the championship lets hope Chelsea can get away with a point!

10+ Year Old Account
    i loved it when i found this thread and seen the part where everyone was asking what the top 4 would be this season and seeing everyone butting so much doubt on arsenal, makes seeing them move into 3rd place all the more sweeter.

Hats off to Everton though was a hard fought match and the offside call was a bad one

Sig by Cocoacross ~

Liverpool really deserve European football, they are just an amazing team.

Nice to see Arsenal 3rd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    i loved it when i found this thread and seen the part where everyone was asking what the top 4 would be this season and seeing everyone butting so much doubt on arsenal, makes seeing them move into 3rd place all the more sweeter.

Hats off to Everton though was a hard fought match and the offside call was a bad one
    Arsenal fans being proud of third place how times have changed.

Gutted Chelsea couldn't get at least take a point after they was 1-0 up but at least Liverpool got beat (again)
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-03-21 at 10:48 PM.

This really sucks, we deserve that 3rd place. Wouldn't suprise me if Spurs miss out on CL, it would be fucking typical.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    all results pretty much went the right way except spurs had to equalize in the 93th but meh, 3 points is 3 points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Arsenal fans being proud of third place how times have changed.

Gutted Chelsea couldn't get at least take a point after they was 1-0 up but at least Liverpool got beat (again)
    I wouldn't say proud of third place, Arsenal have been shocking this season and injuries have compounded that. However, they're really coming good and having a strong end to the season and cementing CL football for next year is extremely important to any team that wants to even hope of competing for the league. Not only that, but it's really the only hope Arsenal have of keeping RVP next season and with Wilshere returning it can only get better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post

It's less about how Arsenal have turned around and started to play good football, and more about how Spurs and Chelsea have utterly capitulated. Both teams have been haemorrhaging points now and this could quite frankly be the biggest choke Spurs have ever had. They've throw a 10 point lead against Arsenal to being 1 point behind with a game in hand.

Meanwhile, QPR, I saw the last few minutes of that after the City/Chelsea game, was all I needed to see too.