Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    Two problems.
    1. Gf and I were in this cave questing, killing a group of mobs when someone else ran through and pulled more mobs on top of us and we died. I chose to respawn and was killed immediately since it just respawns you where you died and I pulled what just killed me. In ESO you have a few seconds to find safety before you're fully rezzed. That is a problem.
    Thats the reason you can run around while being dead. Look for a sweet spot and than resurrect at that position. However, that sweet mechanic cost you a fortune.

2. So I had to rez elsewhere and we couldn't get back into the cave. We spent 30 mins running around trying to get back to where we were but the machine we used to enter the cave no longer worked since we had passed that point in the quest chain. So basically if you die on this quest you're screwed. That is a problem.
    Those two issues makes me feel like I'm playing an alpha of an independent game. I'm quitting the beta, I'm already getting annoyed and bored of these quests and it hasn't even launched yet.
    You could have ust restarted the quest. Nothing hard... However, I guess jumping into the hole the machnine made does teleport you, too. Atleast if I remeber correctly.
    Nevertheless I comment to reach level 20 and try out the first two dungeons. These things really like to kill your motivation fi you have not understand the game mechanics so far. I just love how unfriendly those mechanics are

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    "We're stranded boohoo, let's shoot at people". If you can't see it's flimsy at best, than all the better, you're obviously the target audience. "Oh noes, the dominion are being evil for ..absolutely no reason.. but that means they're our mortal enemies.".
    The Exile are splitter group that was once dominion or where close to get forcefulle "aligned" to the dominion. Since then they try to escape the influence of the Dominion and reached out into the unkown and uncontrolled space. While that the dominion encountered the first party ever that has been able to withstand them in centuries. They dont accept that even some cassians, the eldan choosed race to rule, decided to betray them and now lead those exiles.

After many many years in space the fleeing exiles find a planet that they are able to live on. There arkship is nearly unrepairable after all those years and they see Nexus as there last straw to hold on. The last hope they have. But shortlylater the dominion finally is able to catch these filthy exiles, the threat to the space ruling dominion. A not allowed threat to the "peace", in their eyes. And they even dare to touch the Eldan homeplanet, Nexus, itself!

There is even more story. I would say you should either gather the lore objects, the datacubes and all the other stuff that is available while levling instead of just jammer around abour questexts. These are made to be short, for people that dont care about lore. Like me, and i still got what they do at all these places >_>
    Last edited by Keren; 2014-05-11 at 10:43 AM.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Hi guys,

Quick question. Me and my boyfriend created two characters on the same realm.
    When loggign in we didn't see each other and we couldn't form a party (because we don't know how :P)

So we thought this was because of the arkship intro quest, however we're both on the crimson isle together now.
    We still can't see eachother.

How do we get to the same place ?

Deleted
    /invite playername

Once you are in a group you can port to eachothers instanced zone. After level 6 it becomes fully open, only the first 2 starter bits are zoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    "We're stranded boohoo, let's shoot at people". If you can't see it's flimsy at best, than all the better, you're obviously the target audience. "Oh noes, the dominion are being evil for ..absolutely no reason.. but that means they're our mortal enemies.".

Say what you will about ESO, but their quests are properly done. Even the most lame quest has some purpose.
    Honestly, you clearly haven't read a single quest description. The Dominion is not "being evil for absolutely no reason", and there are good reasons why the Exiles consider them their mortal enemies.

If you ACTUALLY read the quests and some conversations the NPCs are having, you'd have a clear picture of both factions' cultural and political systems. It's the same in WoW, you can rush to max level without giving any regard to the story, or you can take your time, read the quests and journals and all pieces will fall in place. Lore in WS is really good if you pay attention to it. You can see a wounded Aurin prisoner and a Dominion medic arguing about their factions' propaganda, you can see a few highborn Cassians whining about taxes... There's just hundreds of such little NPCs conversations that give you a better picture of both factions. You just have to stop by and pay some attention. I personally love it.

I'm not saying questing in WS is a great experience, but it's not being brought down by lore. It's just quite tedious, but it actually serves a purpose of teaching the players the game mechanics - something that other MMORPGs don't. In Wildstar you start learning the game pretty much at level 1, in other MMORPGs you start learning after you hit the cap, just because the leveling content is ridiculously easy.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2014-05-11 at 10:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    Hi guys,

Quick question. Me and my boyfriend created two characters on the same realm.
    When loggign in we didn't see each other and we couldn't form a party (because we don't know how :P)

So we thought this was because of the arkship intro quest, however we're both on the crimson isle together now.
    We still can't see eachother.

How do we get to the same place ?
    Type "/invite playername" and it will invite them to your party. The person invited can then synch to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbear View Post
    Type "/invite playername" and it will invite them to your party. The person invited can then synch to you.
    Sometimes this solution bugs out. The only way me and my girlfriend fixed it was that we both logged out and logged in on the same time. The game then places us in the same world.

Deleted
    Regarding the party thing, I've noticed that sometimes I have the button Invite to party on the options next to my friend and sometimes I don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two problems.

1. Gf and I were in this cave questing, killing a group of mobs when someone else ran through and pulled more mobs on top of us and we died. I chose to respawn and was killed immediately since it just respawns you where you died and I pulled what just killed me. In ESO you have a few seconds to find safety before you're fully rezzed. That is a problem.

2. So I had to rez elsewhere and we couldn't get back into the cave. We spent 30 mins running around trying to get back to where we were but the machine we used to enter the cave no longer worked since we had passed that point in the quest chain. So basically if you die on this quest you're screwed. That is a problem.

Those two issues makes me feel like I'm playing an alpha of an independent game. I'm quitting the beta, I'm already getting annoyed and bored of these quests and it hasn't even launched yet.
    Wait what? The first point isn't even an issue because you can find a safe spot to ress (why do you think you can run around while dead?) and the second point.. Maybe it's still in beta? It's not uncommon to see quests bug out even on live MMO's it happens often that quests and other random shit bugs out. But anyways what do you think is the point of a beta? To identify issues like this perhaps?

If that makes it an alpha for you then I have absolutely no words for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gps being disabled in caves is getting annoying, they really should have added cave maps

I am going to try to make my points as understandable as possible in my opinion. In no way are they facts just how i feel. This game is the closest experience to what i loved about vanilla wow that i have found. Ive played LotRO when it launched and loved it for a while. The small raid size is what killed it for me. It wasnt what i was used to coming from vanilla. I played Rift was fun for a while but some how never was able to grab me. Played DCUO. That game was just to fast to cap and raiding was convoluted. This game is difficult after you hit 20. I want a difficult game.

- - - Updated - - -

On top of that it seems like if you work for it you can be a special snowflake. I think many games and developers have forgotten how important that drive to be special can be. Only people who hate it complain that they want it all. And honestly imo they are console gamers who play an mmo to play with friends and dont get the fact that mmos should have things that are almost unobtainable to keep people working for it. I want to see that top class player standing there and me say ill be that guy someday.

Deleted
    So thought it was my internet, but outside of WildStar it's fine. I seem to be DCing alot while playing WildStar, and its bringing down my entire internet. It only happens when playing WildStar. Anyone got any ideas?

10+ Year Old Account
    New continent art

Last edited by CrossNgen; 2014-05-11 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    So thought it was my internet, but outside of WildStar it's fine. I seem to be DCing alot while playing WildStar, and its bringing down my entire internet. It only happens when playing WildStar. Anyone got any ideas?
    Many disconnects here as well (EU), but it doesn't bring down my entire internet.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    They didn't only NOT innovate, they somehow managed to devolve from past games when it came to questing. Both SW:TOR and WoW have far better questing than this game.
    I think you give SWTOR and WoW too much credit.

SWTOR questing has only one difference - you get fancy conversations as part of the storytelling experience, which are great for delivering the story itself but has little to no influence on the mechanics of questing - and there are precious few quests that aren't "talk to this guy and/or kill this many enemies then return to a fancy conversation."

Outside of the story based conversations in SWTOR, all three use the same questing structure, and of the three it's Wildstar and SWTOR that make liberal use of not having to haul ass back to the quest giver to proceed (WoW has gotten better at this, but the overwhelming majority still require the return trip, versus something closer to 30 or 40% in SWTOR and maybe 50% to 60% in Wildstar).

Right now questing in WoW and Wildstar is nearly identical, with Wildstar throwing in a few extra things to do as part of the path system, including getting to do things others have unlocked. WoW will be getting off the beaten path type stuff with WoD, but just about anyone can point out how that's less an innovation and more Blizzard's version of mechanics already used by other MMOs (which is what Blizzard is really, really good at doing).

As for flow and pacing and feeling like you have a better idea of what you are doing? I think there's a combination of things going here - one is that Blizzard does the exact opposite of subtle. Story (in pretty much all their titles) is 110% neon sign look at the plot can't miss it obvious and lore or backstory you have to search for (esp in WoW) pretty much doesn't exist. Compare that to Wildstar which has the obvious story beats you see in quests (early on it's very much a mix of probing Nexus for mysteries mixed with conflict caused by run-ins with the other faction...not exactly a hard story to follow) supplemented by extra lore that has to be found which starts to add some layers in the form of additional questions, mysteries, and understanding of each group and the Eldan. Given how popular it is to rush through quests, it's no surprise that the one that puts everything upfront is the one that most feel has the better pacing, which is then supported by how quick the story beats in WoW occur (you rarely spend much time in one place). Once a player is accustomed to that, even a marginally slower pace (which is where I think Wildstar falls) tends to feel off. Of course, the mistake most make (in my opinion) at that point is assuming only one of these is the right way to do it.

Wildstar's design certainly isn't the second coming of questing, but devolved? Hardly.

Deleted
    Hey guys!

Alright, so since GMG has 25% off on Wildstar I'm really thinking about buying this game. The problem that I'm facing is that I don't know if this game is for me when it comes to end game. Now I know that the "hardcore" aura that this game has around it isn't all true. So I thought it would be a good idea to ask people who know more about the game whether it is something I might enjoy.

Alright, so I have a Stalker at level 10 now and I must say that I just adore the environment and the combat. For years I have been searching for another MMO that has combat that appeals to me as much as the combat in WoW. I think I've found it now. So from that aspect I can definitely see myself playing this game and enjoying it.

The problem I'm facing is that I won't have time to "dedicate" to raiding or hardcore playing in the coming 6-12 months. Or even 24 months. Even though I most likely will be playing the game a couple of hours everyday, I will not have the chance to dedicate myself to a raid-schedule for the time being. So the question is. Will I still enjoy this game? What are the things someone like me can do in the game? In WoW I like to farm older raids and farm transmog sets as well as grind my reputations up (just hit 60 exalted reps yey!). Oh and in the future, when I wish to begin my raiding career. Will it be impossible to catch up?

Would be great if someone could give me a list of things that I might enjoy in Wildstar so that I can do further research by myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    New continent art
    Shouldn't things like that have already been put in the game by now? it's like 2 or so weeks until it releases >.<

I believe they are rushing release a bit. The game is solid but not what it will be in a few months but anyone who played WoW at release saw the same as we are getting here. Solid game that will be patched to be great months after release but hey its perfect timing for its release.

I did a few rounds in the Beta, played every class, but I don't think I'll be buying the game.

I love the concept and the tone, but there's something about the combat that's just not as fluid and responsive as it should be for "action" combat. Maybe it's the "place your AoE" style of control that's making my latency more obvious, but button presses in Wildstar have this weird delay and the hits overall just don't feel very "meaty". Since Wildstar is still a game about rotations and pressing number buttons for things to happen, it's a bit off-putting.

I keep going around thinking to myself: man, this game world would be awesome if it had Loadout's over-the-shoulder, aiming and moving gameplay instead of the usual MMO-button-pressing. I'd play the crap out of Wildstar if it had an third-person-shooter-style combat mode.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    I did a few rounds in the Beta, played every class, but I don't think I'll be buying the game.

I love the concept and the tone, but there's something about the combat that's just not as fluid and responsive as it should be for "action" combat. Maybe it's the "place your AoE" style of control that's making my latency more obvious, but button presses in Wildstar have this weird delay and the hits overall just don't feel very "meaty". Since Wildstar is still a game about rotations and pressing number buttons for things to happen, it's a bit off-putting.

I keep going around thinking to myself: man, this game world would be awesome if it had Loadout's over-the-shoulder, aiming and moving gameplay instead of the usual MMO-button-pressing. I'd play the crap out of Wildstar if it had an third-person-shooter-style combat mode.
    you can probably tweak the game with addons to suit your play style better.

i cant give you any names as i havent played in a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    you can probably tweak the game with addons to suit your play style better.

i cant give you any names as i havent played in a couple months.
    See, that's not very helpful. :P

And I'm not sure the sort of alteration to the game I need would be possible with addons. To turn Wildstar into a third-person shooter I'd need addons that...
    ... changed the camera angle to be a little to the side and above the character so I can see what's in front of my character (with Deadlock the character's model covers the center of the screen).
    ... allowed abilities to be bound to left and right mouse buttons (and still somehow allowed objects and mobs to be selected, and letting me interact with the questing interface).
    ... allowed certain abilities (the ones bound to the mouse) to be cast on button press instead of on release, while still allowing others (the ones still on 1-8) to be aimed with the telegraph mechanic.

They might be all there, but I have no idea what they are. I have a feeling changing the camera angle would be the most difficult part (although that might be in the default game already, I don't know).

(As an aside, I don't like playing with third-party addons that change large parts of the gameplay because they have an annoying habit of breaking when game updates are released. Not sure how Wildstar would manage those, though.)
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.