any medium or heavy armor users notice that the repairs are SUPER expensive compared to light?
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    any medium or heavy armor users notice that the repairs are SUPER expensive compared to light?
    Don't repair unless it's broken, you'll be replacing gear a lot.

Just a tip for the Medics that haven't figured this out yet.

The Urgency teleport skill works sort of like a buttstomp in Mario 64. Casting it will reset your fall height to where you casted it. So if you cast if near the end of a long fall, you won't die or take drastic fall damage. I've accidentally leaped from extreme heights and survived with this.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Just a tip for the Medics that haven't figured this out yet.

The Urgency teleport skill works sort of like a buttstomp in Mario 64. Casting it will reset your fall height to where you casted it. So if you cast if near the end of a long fall, you won't die or take drastic fall damage. I've accidentally leaped from extreme heights and survived with this.
    Same with a spellslinger's Gate ability.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    Same with a spellslinger's Gate ability.
    And False Retreat, as well as Emergency Stealth on a stalker!

(... they changed emergency stealth's name recently and I don't remember what it's called now.)
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    Don't repair unless it's broken, you'll be replacing gear a lot.
    my buddies and i are primarily running dungeons but sadly, dungeons give absolutely shit for gold =/
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

my buddies and i are primarily running dungeons but sadly, dungeons give absolutely shit for gold =/
    I'm not getting any for pvping, looks like they overlooked those ways of leveling. The questers will be the upper class.

Deleted
    you dont get much gold in questing either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    you dont get much gold in questing either.
    They're forcing us to buy their $19 CREDD!

I wish there was a way to turn off challenges. I ignore them but it would be nice not to get the virus like popups all the time that I have to click off.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    They're forcing us to buy their $19 CREDD!

I wish there was a way to turn off challenges. I ignore them but it would be nice not to get the virus like popups all the time that I have to click off.
    I'd suggest just disabling the Challenge module from the addons, might work

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I'd suggest just disabling the Challenge module from the addons, might work
    Thanks, I'll try it out tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do believe you're talking out of your ass.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...dcore-raiding/

It's not the 'norm' to blame the game when you die, that's what scrubs do. These are NOT scrubs, they are veteran W* players with a lot of experience. The bugs are also very apparent, even for the viewer. It's not like they're looking for a scapegoat when they die. You can clearly see the bugs happening, players disappearing on screen, bosses just standing around not hitting back, etc.

And as for they make a lot of mistakes, they purposely wipe on occasional bosses to practice the fight. I think you're a little confused.

EDIT: grats, you read my quote and tried to insult me with something that makes no sense. You're just trying to get in shots
    Not, in the slightest, confused. My assertion is that they, those in the stream, lacked the competence, skills and edge to complete it.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

I have one last little update for you guys on the naming situation:

Greetings, Citizen of Nexus!

As was addressed in the forums post apology from the Devs (https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...from-the-devs/), we are aware that the Name Reservation experience has been a bit frustrating for everyone. We are happy to announce, that things have steadied out and are now working properly. However, we also acknowledge that the hiccups may have caused some players to reserve a name that they are unhappy with.

In order to alleviate some of the frustrations, we would like to offer the opportunity to reset the edit timer. Should you choose this option, here is how it will work:

The next time that you log into the Name Reservation page, an hour of additional edit time will be added. The current name will not be removed, but you will have extra time to edit your choice to something else.

Please understand that this does not guarantee you will get the original name you wanted, as many are now taken. It is up to you to decide if you wish to keep your current name, or if you would like the opportunity to attempt to edit your name to something you might prefer. If you are satisfied with your current choice, at least to the extent you don't want to roll the dice again, there is no need to reply. However, if you would like to be reflagged for the option to edit your name, please reply with the account name on which you desire another shot.

Thank you,

Matt
    WildStar Support Team
    If you felt like it reserved the wrong name for you, you can now have a second shot! Just submit a ticket.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

when you're group questing and you have 'kill quest', the amount that you get is based on how much damage you do. personally, this is fucking retarded. if you're questing as a group with big pulls with dps, tank and healer, its stupid that the tank and healer get VERY little % completed as opposed to the dps.

Okay did the first two dungeons tonight, along with the Housing Personal Dungeon as a Medic Healer.

The last boss in Vel Keep or whatever its called did a really cool attack that looked like a bullet hell shooter. I liked that it seemed jumping over the fire circles avoided the 'bullets' as well. Stormtalon went pretty well for my first time, but it helped that the group was experienced. I began changing up my heal bar through each dungeon. I had to ditch Urgency's movement and escape for a Focus regen skill for STL run, then in the other dungeon I ditched the Focus Regen for cleanse and Barrier.

Healing DPS hanging at the edge of battle was harder in Wildstar because I had to leave the tank to do it. I eventually got going well enough with a heal bar that I could afford moving. I messed around with Barrier within the dungeon, having never used it before. Eventually I learned to use it as an ohshi button, but its a little awkward since its a placed AOE.

What I really am posting about is to complain about how Triage works. Currently, it heals the target within its cone with the lowest HP. This means that in mid-fight, it often ignores the tank with no shield left because the tank still has higher HP than the DPS or healer. Triage then triggers on a target with full health and is thus wasted. If it picked the target with the lowest health/shield % then it would work a lot better. It's basically a "smart" heal that's not smart. So I ditched it.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    I recommend getting the Bijiplates addon. They're vastly better than the default and they actually work.
    Sounds like nameplates may be fixed in tonights patch. I didn't like Bijiplates. Not sure why people rave about the FOV fix either. Setting the FOV to 70 made the game look really distant to me as if running to things was taking longer. I know it wasn't but it just made everything seem really far away. Didn't like it at all.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    My biggest concern, at least gameplay wise, is healing. Though I've only seen medic healing and is aiming seems interesting the real issue will be the position of your party members. I cannot imagine random grouping being successful. At least not without daunting queue times after the large amount of "its too hard" players leave.

I get that's sort of the games thing, challenge, but with that I fear not enough players staying subbed to give enough revenue for "quick" content design.
    It is a valid concern but I woudnt be that worried. I had been doing some adventures and dungeons with my DPS Spellslinger, but I also have a couple of support spells that can damage and heal party members. So every time I noticed healer struggling I would give a little hand and throw one of those or a shield on the party.

The game is full of hybrid stuff so as long as DPS is not tunneling vision there should be enough room for such things. At least at low level content, must be said.

Had my first taste of crafting last night, absolutely love how they've worked that in, though I worry at end game it could become infuriating.

Also had my first group quest that I was forced to solo, which was freaking awesome. I had to change most of my abilities and spec into lifesteal etc, it was the first time I was forced to use things like dodge and breaking interrupt armor. Took me a couple of wipes but I got it and had that feeling I'd forgotten I'd missed, questing satisfaction!

Once he was dead I actually cheered, I knew I'd fucked him up and I knew I'd played well to do it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Once he was dead I actually cheered, I knew I'd fucked him up and I knew I'd played well to do it.
    Yeah I always loved solo'ing quest elites in WoW.. just that feeling of satisfaction that you planned a strategy, adjusted it, refined it, and f**ked that mob up.
    Last edited by Collected; 2014-05-16 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Its kind of weird that MMOs are still so boring at the start tho. New players wont know that they get alot better several hours later. And i mean seeeeveral hours so they likely just quit and move on.
    and thats why if World of warcraft came out in its current state without selling 90s would not even get 2-3m Subscribers, cause if the game just came out and everyone would quit when they saw how bad low lvl content and aoedungeons all the way to 90 is,