I don't think people get it.

Do you really think the devs of Wildstar are oblivious to the pros and cons of attunements?

You know where a lot of them are from right?

If they didn't want them as they are now, they wouldn't have done it.

It's a pretty clear message that I'm reading from them. If you want to raid, you do the attunements. It's that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attunements are pretty pointless unless they are fun and engaging. Sure they lower participation but the point isn't lowering participation, in fact that would harm Wildstar's raiding community. The problem is preventing the content from getting dumbed down to allow lesser skilled players to clear it.

There is a reason Blizz got rid of attunements so long ago. It makes recruitment harder and more time consuming.

What part of 9 instances (which you'll be doing anyway to gear up) and some world events/bosses is going to take a capable player months? That looks like a month tops at a few hour a night pace to me. Obviously if you play, say, 4 hours a night it'll go much faster, which is pretty reasonable even with a full time job. Watch less TV :P

I'm not sure what the concern is here. Raiding shouldn't be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    And you can't do the bolded part through the raid fights themselves? If the raid bosses are as hard as Carbine claims, just let everyone who is up to the challenge tackle them directly. Why make players jump through hoops?
    Because the game is structured in such a way that it tries to "convert" unskilled newbies to skilled veterans.

Instead of going 1-1-1-1-1-1-8-9-10 and doing simple segregation separating the scrubs from the pros at the highest difficulty only,
    it tries to go 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 and the process to get raid ready requires you to be at least passably good in the parts of the game where you learn how to play your role/class and cooperate in a team.
    Why you have silver in veteran adventures and dungeons.

There are also steps in the attunement chain that are not training or exam but simply a time gate to extend content life but in view of the first part I'm willing to forgive them that.

In simple words, if this works as intended it is meant to prepare and produce a different kind of player at the end of the process than who they were at the beginning,
    not simply allow those who are (or think they are) already good enough to jump straight in.

If you're interested in large group content and are skilled as you think you are you'll breeze through anyway.
    Those that aren't will have to improve along the way and even decide if the whole raiding thing is worth their time and effort before they waste mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    They dont belong there? So, you stepped into heroic raiding and cleared the entire raid, one shotting each boss? You didnt need to learn mechanics? You've never died in fire?

How long did it take you and your guild to download heroic Garrosh? 25 man heroic Lich King? Did you even down C'Thun? Do you even understand how much practice it takes to do these bosses with 20 to 40 people? Did YOU even belong there?

Ive seen scrubs, who didnt even know what Taunt was, go on to tank heroic content. Quit acting like you know something about doing REAL raids.
    Didn't you just say a couple pages back that your guild did lfr before normals to get gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    And now you want to play the role of the innocent, wronged person after so much effort put into playing the internet hardass?

Come now, don't change direction on me. I was so enjoying the angry, edgy, internet badass.
    No, I'm reminding you that you don't belong here let alone need to be here to begin with.

If my "edginess" is really that much for you to deal with, after all. You seem to be utterly flustered by me at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    I don't think people get it.

Do you really think the devs of Wildstar are oblivious to the pros and cons of attunements?

You know where a lot of them are from right?

If they didn't want them as they are now, they wouldn't have done it.

It's a pretty clear message that I'm reading from them. If you want to raid, you do the attunements. It's that simple.
    .....obviously. They obviously didn't accidentally put attunements in the game. People are saying that they disagree with the developer's philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I don't see anyone trash talking the game. I see people trash talking the "elitist" player attitude like yours. Where some how time magically = skill.
    Time = dedication.

There are also requirements on there that actually require you to fight given bosses/enemies to better prove yourself in terms of your skill.

Again, if you do not like this notion, you do not need to play, period. No one is forcing you, hence why I don't understand your presence here to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get how people are complaining about the attunements, the only thing that seems it will take a while is getting silver in the dungeons and adventures everything else seems fairly straightforward and simple, the rep grind seems like its something you'll easily get on your way to max.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    Time = dedication.

There are also requirements on there that actually require you to fight given bosses/enemies to better prove yourself in terms of your skill.

Again, if you do not like this notion, you do not need to play, period. No one is forcing you, hence why I don't understand your presence here to begin with.

Forgive me for having a discussion on a discussion board.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    .....obviously. They obviously didn't accidentally put attunements in the game. People are saying that they disagree with the developer's philosophy.
    And we understand your opinions, but you are litterally talking to a brick wall. We understand that you dont like the attunement, and that's fine, but you guys are seriously starting to sound like little kids crying to their mom, because some other kid got a toy but you didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    And some people need to stop trying to get games to cater to themselves.
    ZING! The toof hurts!
    No, straw-men don't hurt.

But please, grandpab, show me where I suggest that they cater to "me", specifically.

Go for it.

I will wait.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Didn't you just say a couple pages back that your guild did lfr before normals to get gear?
    Ive completed every raid in WoW on every difficulty if that's what your asking. (I did not complete Naxx 40, we were stuck on 4 horsemen when BC released.)
    Next question.

Its not the raids that need nerfing, its the insanely long attunement process that needs to be toned down.
    It's...it's really not that long, though. A week or two of playing a couple hours a day can do it. Not sure what people are expecting, attuned ten minutes after 50? Most of the chain can be done simply while you're chasing intro gear and other fresh 50 content. Give people something to work toward and they complain it's too much. Don't give people much to work for and they complain there's nothing to do. It's really one or the other, there is no way to give lots of content without giving lots of content, unless you want to go the traditional gating method that tends to piss EVERYONE off and make people quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Forgive me for having a discussion on a discussion board.
    We'd rather have more meaningful banter than an argument over attunements that the majority of us haven't even touched yet.

All because some people are rather lazy and lack the desire to work for it. Again, we knew attunements were going to be in the game sometime ago. The time to complain about them for the sake of complaining has come and gone, they're now part of the game. We've accepted them as a community by and large.

And yes, I think I speak for the majority of the players who actually kept up with this game and pre-ordered when I say we don't want them removed.

I don't mind the attunements. I actually rather enjoyed the attunements when I played wow (since I was a raider at the time). I won't be raiding here so it doesn't really bother me. It might have an adverse affect for gaining new players eventually though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    And we understand your opinions, but you are litterally talking to a brick wall. We understand that you dont like the attunement, and that's fine, but you guys are seriously starting to sound like little kids crying to their mom, because some other kid got a toy but you didnt.
    I just don't understand what attunements bring to the table. I'll do the attunements, but it just feels like a pointless chore that doesn't force me to improve/prove my skill.

And yes, I think I speak for the majority of the players who actually kept up with this game and pre-ordered when I say we don't want them removed.
    Which is hilarious since you only started posting in this sub forum a few weeks ago.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh yes, you've got me on the ropes. I'm just at a loss on how to address "Internet Badass #4362653", because your brand of edginess is so new and unique.
    D'awww, here's some cream for your ass. Apply to the afflicted area in plentiful quantity!

In the meantime, I will still inquire as to why the flying fish fuck you're here.

Please post productively and respectfully. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2014-06-04 at 06:36 PM.

Ive completed every raid in WoW on every difficulty if that's what your asking. (I did not complete Naxx 40, we were stuck on 4 horsemen when BC released.)
    Next question.
    Good for you i suppose. But if your guild seriously did LFR before even going to normals, then i suggest you lower your horse a bit.