Deleted
    Looks interesting actually and i will definitely test it when it comes out.

I really dig the sytle of the graphics, the Naruto comment scares me shitless, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by myrddinde View Post
    [*]Appearance: Unique recognizable look, made for adults
    “We know that our game was for adults so we studied shows like Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist to see how they balanced a unique visual style with stories that had both humor and drama. Lastly we looked at comics such as Hellboy, Battle Chasers, and Tank Girl to influence our balance of technology and fantasy.” – Matt Mocarski
    Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnope.

Meh. Space themed fantasy is something i dislike. And the graphics look like they were molded by clay.

And anime inspiration isnt adult.... that really brings it down very low.

Ill stick with gw2.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Meh. Space themed fantasy is something i dislike. And the graphics look like they were molded by clay.

And anime inspiration isnt adult.... that really brings it down very low.

Ill stick with gw2.
    Anime inspiration can be very adult. And I'm not referencing Hentai. For the record, Naruto is being sold as an adult anime, because, in contrary to the ridiculously bad Avatar, it sports blood and death. Yes, people actually die in the series. Does that mean it's the most adult anime there is, not by a long shot.

In that perspective, Full Metal Alchemists strikes closer to home, due to it's emotional foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Anime inspiration can be very adult. And I'm not referencing Hentai. For the record, Naruto is being sold as an adult anime, because, in contrary to the ridiculously bad Avatar, it sports blood and death. Yes, people actually die in the series. Does that mean it's the most adult anime there is, not by a long shot.

In that perspective, Full Metal Alchemists strikes closer to home, due to it's emotional foundation.
    You mean the Last Airbender or Avatar movie? (Blue people not shamallama movie)
    If so-- it's technically not even an anime, and a show doesn't need violence to be good.
    I'd make a comment about Naruto, but I won't don't want to get jumped by fanboys.

Deleted
    played it today @ Gamescom

It's more or less a solid presentation but nothing that was like "oooh". More like - looks like any other MMO out there same interface, same animations, nearly same landscape...Characters look bit comic Style - OK. Thats it. Nothing more to say.

Well that and fullmetal alchemist are like top anime for teenage girls who dont find the ones in japanese with subtitles.

To me, it brings the value of the game drastically low. You may state that they are adult, which is arguable, but that does not make them a proper influence. Violence in television is something excluded mostly from american programming as well. Japan has very liberal views on what is childish or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    You mean the Last Airbender or Avatar movie? (Blue people not shamallama movie)
    If so-- it's technically not even an anime, and a show doesn't need violence to be good.
    I'd make a comment about Naruto, but I won't don't want to get jumped by fanboys.
    Avatar the windblower thing ye Which is alot worse than Naruto in pretty much every way. Naruto has it's issues though. The animation has changed several times over and there's a great deal of filler material in the series. Technically the manga is much better.I quit watching the anime around the time Gaara died, but I've always followed the Manga.

Concerning the maturity rating of an anime, well, Naruto does hold some strong emotional values, such as friends, family, courage, all that, but mostly focusses on the main concept, whatever heritage you have, you can become whatever you want, as long as you put in some effort. I'm not saying that has to be something mature persé, but at least the anime has a message. And the blood and death, will most likely have given it its adult RATING. I won't jump you. There's plenty amiss with Naruto, but it's definitely a fun manga to read. I prefer the Breaker, Sun Ken Rock, Vinland Saga, etc, but I do understand why they say that they've taken emotional themes from these 2 mentioned Anime/Manga. Especially Full Metal Alchemist..both..actually. Brotherhood was slightly rushed due to half of it having been captured in the original.

---------- Post added 2011-08-21 at 07:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Well that and fullmetal alchemist are like top anime for teenage girls who dont find the ones in japanese with subtitles.

To me, it brings the value of the game drastically low. You may state that they are adult, which is arguable, but that does not make them a proper influence. Violence in television is something excluded mostly from american programming as well. Japan has very liberal views on what is childish or not.
    I don't just not get this, but it's also beyond me why you are trying to slip a flame in a situation that doesn't require it.
    Just a pointer, the guys that are making this game, don't look very Japanese to me. I'm pretty sure that might make them consider it somewhat mature. It's still taste in the end though.

Ah, wait, I'm referring to the Japanese, original anime. Dubs are the worst.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2011-08-21 at 08:19 PM.

So, blood and death = adult? No. Blood and death = teen. Anyone who says gore 'n' guts are what make something good is either in high school or has the mentality of someone who is. Naruto is aimed at teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    So, blood and death = adult? No. Blood and death = teen. Anyone who says gore 'n' guts are what make something good is either in high school or has the mentality of someone who is. Naruto is aimed at teens.
    So wait, you put adult in line with good, which is completely unrelated, and claim I'm saying it's good because it has blood and guts. Good way to change the entire perspective there. Maybe if you had translated what I was saying, we could have a conversation.

I'm talking about rating. It's probably rated adult in many countries due to the fact that there's actual blood and death. I'm not talking about this making it good to me. I'm saying it's entirely possible that it's rated adult to these people. In Japan, Naruto is definitely a teens show, but as I said, it still strikes some pretty adult themes, such as loss of family and friends and how to deal with it.

This is completely unrelated to the fact that I personally enjoy the Manga (you know, the black and white drawn cartoon) and understand why they'd pull out some of the ways Naruto handled emotional progress of characters. It's stupid of them to name Naruto specifically, since, as is obvious, a lot of people immediately jump on board yelling "lolz Naruto". To reiterate, I only watch original Anime. Not some crap American dub.

Avatar the windblower thing ye Which is alot worse than Naruto in pretty much every way. Naruto has it's issues though. The animation has changed several times over and there's a great deal of filler material in the series. Technically the manga is much better.I quit watching the anime around the time Gaara died, but I've always followed the Manga.

Concerning the maturity rating of an anime, well, Naruto does hold some strong emotional values, such as friends, family, courage, all that, but mostly focusses on the main concept, whatever heritage you have, you can become whatever you want, as long as you put in some effort. I'm not saying that has to be something mature persé, but at least the anime has a message.
    Ah, wait, I'm referring to the Japanese, original anime. Dubs are the worst.
    first things first, you must of:
    1.not watched it.
    2.been struck with the stupid.
    never mind the fact that there are more mature themes thoughout avatar:the last airbender(the anime , not the horrible movie) then naruto.
    it does include: childbirth,honor,self-sacrifice, self worth, responsibility, etc.
    naruto has: blood,dismemberment, redshirt death, and abandonment complexes.

point 2: generalizations are bad,mkay?
    proof: hellsing OVA and anime dub vs. their sub.
    why? they actually hired the right people to voice the characters.
    so moral of the story, bad castings = bad voice actors for characters.

on topic: oh yay, another fucking hot key MMO.
    like we don't have 20thousand of those lying around...
    they should of just spent the money on making a movie instead.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-08-22 at 01:11 AM.

Jeremy Gaffneys gives a detailed walkthrough

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=topYneHpszY
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-_9vMSMkZ8
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JbZaqDUlAU

You should definitely check them out!

Why do you guys get annoyed by 1 thing they got inspired on? You don't even know what they found inspiring on it, could be something very specific. Try to judge the game itself, and not by such a remark.
    Last edited by myrddinde; 2011-08-22 at 02:19 AM.

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

Quote Originally Posted by myrddinde View Post
    Why do you guys get annoyed by 1 thing they got inspired on? You don't even know what they found inspiring on it, could be something very specific. Try to judge the game itself, and not by such a remark.
    Not mad or even annoyed by it, just scares me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    first things first, you must of:
    1.not watched it.
    2.been struck with the stupid.
    never mind the fact that there are more mature themes thoughout avatar:the last airbender(the anime , not the horrible movie) then naruto.
    it does include: childbirth,honor,self-sacrifice, self worth, responsibility, etc.
    naruto has: blood,dismemberment, redshirt death, and abandonment complexes.

point 2: generalizations are bad,mkay?
    proof: hellsing OVA and anime dub vs. their sub.
    why? they actually hired the right people to voice the characters.
    so moral of the story, bad castings = bad voice actors for characters.

on topic: oh yay, another fucking hot key MMO.
    like we don't have 20thousand of those lying around...
    they should of just spent the money on making a movie instead.
    I've watched it, mostly. It's a nickelodeon show, specifically aimed at pre-teens. I could look it up, but I'm just going to guess that it's a French/Japanese joint venture. It hardly strikes any real core in its emotional themes and all of the above that you mentioned are done in Naruto and usually twice as good as well.

I'm not sure what you mean to achieve by referencing the Hellsing OVA, because the Japanese version is absolutely superb in each and every single way, not in the least due to the fact that they've stuck with the Alucard Voice Actor from the earlier manga adaption.

And indeed, why do you get annoyed when they mention sources of inspiration, even if it's Naruto. It all depends on what they took out of it and as I said, Naruto does some specific themes, reasonably well. Sadly, we're still facing "subjectivity" right there, so this can only lead to more discussion. Let me at least say that I'm happy they didn't take the emotional parts from Neon Genesis Evangelion.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2011-08-22 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Not mad or even annoyed by it, just scares me personally.
    I don't care about all the anime stuff personally, looking at your sig and profile picture I can only judge you do. But still I don't get why it would scare you when they mentioned Naruto. Even though I am not a fan at all, and was shocked when I saw this mixx of the cowboy and buzz lightyear get out of the ship - not even mentioning the bunny girl. But after watchign nearly each presentation at Gamescom, looking at videos, screenshots, reviews I think I am getting to like the way it looks. They achieved what they wanted their own iconic style and its throughout the game, when you see a screenshot you instantly know where it is from. Don't care where they got the inspiration from ... could be captain future (the last cartoonthingy I have watched when I was young ), it simply fits.

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

I've watched it, mostly. It's a nickelodeon show, specifically aimed at pre-teens. I could look it up, but I'm just going to guess that it's a French/Japanese joint venture. It hardly strikes any real core in its emotional themes and all of the above that you mentioned are done in Naruto and usually twice as good as well.
    I strongly disagree on so many levels.

Naruto falls into the trappings that pretty much every shonen anime does, especially one that is based on a still running manga series. There's forbidden techniques that are supposed to kill the person weilding them, but the characters survive them just fine. There's entire filler arcs that add nothing to the story and fuck up the continuity of the manga and then the anime itself once it gets back on the tracks set by the manga. There's characters given the spotlight who contribute fuck all to the actual story and then get damn near completely forgotten once the real plot starts moving.

I'm not saying Avatar didn't have these problems, it did. It's just that since the show had a clear ending in mind before they even started this meant all of the bullshit got dealt with quickly. The show is good but not flawless.

And Naruto is not a fucking "adult anime". It is aimed at pre-teen boys. Why the fuck do you think the manga is printed in Weekly Shonen Jump?

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks a bit too futuristic to me, but maybe that's a good thing, since all the games I have played are placed in ancient times.
    It reminds me of my favorite games of all time, Ratchet & Clank :P

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    That makes me less interested in it
    You took it out of context :P Sure Naruto (and maybe Full Metal Alchemist) aren't exactly what I'd describe as adult manga/shows but they are still watchable for adults.

The game definitely does not look like anime though, it looks more like some Pixar movie.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I strongly disagree on so many levels.

Naruto falls into the trappings that pretty much every shonen anime does, especially one that is based on a still running manga series. There's forbidden techniques that are supposed to kill the person weilding them, but the characters survive them just fine. There's entire filler arcs that add nothing to the story and fuck up the continuity of the manga and then the anime itself once it gets back on the tracks set by the manga. There's characters given the spotlight who contribute fuck all to the actual story and then get damn near completely forgotten once the real plot starts moving.
    Er..alright..and your point was.... ? (because you know Avatar has them as well)?

Either way, reply to the point or don't reply at all. You're not even disagreeing with any of the points I'm making, so how can you disagree?

minor edit:

The manga is pretty straight in "continuation", unless you simply don't share that vision and we're talking about merely your opinion here. The anime is indeed littered with filler content and should be avoided as much as possible, except up til like, episode 84. The manga is great though.

About the spotlights. I think that most minor characters that have been killed off by now, are a means to make the characters grow. Naruto is one of the few manga/anime where characters actually grow in age and size across the years. Not directly in line with their animation time-line, but they progress both emotionally and physically and I think the pace is pretty wellplaced. All other characters are still in it, even though they aren't always directly part of the main story, but that's what makes Naruto better than let's say Bleach, because Bleach is just about one guy and all other characters only get pulled in if they matter to the story at that specific time and place, making all other characters slightly detached from the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    And Naruto is not a fucking "adult anime". It is aimed at pre-teen boys. Why the fuck do you think the manga is printed in Weekly Shonen Jump?
    For the record, Shonen is about a boy under the age of 15, which would make it more than pre-teen. Once more, I'm talking about why the developers would suggest that Naruto is a mature/adult show. Not about my own perception of things or how the Japanese released it. Welcome to the Reading Comprehension club.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2011-08-22 at 03:50 PM.