10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    What, 3 leveling dungeon? Either they have shitload amount of content outside in the world or leveling is really fast. Runnign all the same instances from early levels gets boring really, really fast.
    They will have:

4 main dungeons and 6 adventures at launch.

Housing Expeditions
    Shiphands
    Adventures - Dungeons (these are about the same with Dungeons but being slightly long and better loots)
    Veteran modes of Dungeons AND Adventures.
    Raids

and not including solo content story quest/mission etc, looks like lots of things to do while leveling/end game there.
    Last edited by athlonmax; 2013-09-26 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm a realist, I don't fall for sugar coating.
    Your tone could be different though. /shrug

Just something I've noticed about you in... the Pokemon thread, this thread, other threads... you tend to sound very negative. Which is okay, if you wanna be negative, it's your choice! But I don't think listening to the words that come out of their mouth in DevSpeak and then being happy casters can walk is "falling for sugar coating." It's being excited that you can walk while you cast spells.

Is it new? No. Is it useful? Fucking yes, and not everyone does it. See: FFXIV, WoW.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Your tone could be different though. /shrug
    I don't have a "tone" this is the internet, there is no tone. You are interpreting the tone so that's your problem.

Just something I've noticed about you in... the Pokemon thread, this thread, other threads... you tend to sound very negative. Which is okay, if you wanna be negative, it's your choice! But I don't think listening to the words that come out of their mouth in DevSpeak and then being happy casters can walk is "falling for sugar coating." It's being excited that you can walk while you cast spells.
    I was not referring to casting while moving as sugar coating. I was specifically talking about holding a button down for channeled spells sugar coating for "interactive". Don't start shit for no apparent reason. I can point out negative things as well as positive.

is it new? No. Is it useful? Fucking yes, and not everyone does it. See: FFXIV, WoW.
    Why are you starting an argument for no apparent reason? Put me on ignore if you don't like it, stop being a little baby because someone said something negative and you dont' like it. You are starting personal attacks for no reason and its sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a "tone" this is the internet, there is no tone. You are interpreting the tone so that's your problem.
    Writing absolutely has tone.

I was not referring to casting while moving as sugar coating. I was specifically talking about holding a button down for channeled spells sugar coating for "interactive". Don't start shit for no apparent reason. I can point out negative things as well as positive.
    Did I ever say that I thought it was interactive? Did I even say I liked it? I said, "...... interesting." You accused me of "falling for sugar coating" after you...

1. Quoted me saying it was interesting
    2. Shot it down completely

Why are you starting an argument for no apparent reason? Put me on ignore if you don't like it, stop being a little baby because someone said something negative and you dont' like it. You are starting personal attacks for no reason and its sad.
    I'm not starting an argument, silly. You've made it into one. If you think an observation about you being negative is a personal attack, you're incorrect. Calling me a baby is, though, which was uncalled for. /tsk

As for ignore: It's not really worth it to me because I'd rather see if you have something interesting to add to a discussion (it sucks to miss out on part of the conversation if someone you've ignored has something worth saying.) Usually, when I see your avatar, I skim your post and don't say anything, but this time you had responded to me via quoting my text.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2013-09-26 at 05:39 PM. Reason: le typo
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Deleted
    You get a dungeon or adventure every 5 levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you notice the cameo's of the 2 unannounced classes in the Ability Mechanics video? (0:36 and 2:44)
    Not much to see though.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Every time you post, it's negative. :P

That said, I'm not sure how I feel about holding buttons down to attack. It almost feels like it would interfere with movement, becauuuuse well of course it would.
    This comes down to skill levels and hardware. While you don't need a gaming mouse, most gamers have one. It doesn't even have to be an MMO mouse. Charging attacks while moving is rather easy with a mouse and it feels awesome. Game development probably needs to shy away from assuming the lowest common denominator is someone with a dell issued mouse and keyboard and start adding more interesting mechanics that account for the technology we've had for a decade+ now.

Unless you keyboard turn and only use number keys as hotkeys, then holding down buttons does not interfere with movement.
    BAD WOLF

Writing absolutely has tone.
    yes and when the person who wrote it said they had no tone upon writing it, it is you in inserted a tone so it is your problem.

Did I ever say that I thought it was interactive? Did I even say I liked it? I said, "...... interesting." You accused me of "falling for sugar coating" after you...

1. Quoted me saying it was interesting
    2. Shot it down completely
    You need reading comprehension lessons. I was stating my opinion like yourself. I quoted you first and said it's more tedious then interactive:

Charge skills is nothing new to the genre and holding down a button for channeling attacks is more tedious then interactive.
    Then I said I don't fall for sugar coating in general when you told me I was "negative" which is a personal attack fyi. They released a dev speak about interactive combat, and its true for something like disarm but holding down a button for channeling isn't interactive and they just tried to throw fancy words to make it sound like it is. It had nothing to do with you saying it was "interesting". It was just in general.

I'm not starting an argument, silly. You've made it into one. If you think an observation about you being negative is a personal attack, you're incorrect. Calling me a baby is, though, which was uncalled for. /tsk
    Calling me negative with smiley face does not make it not a personal attack. It is a personal attack regardless of your definition. What you said was random and un-needed, it's an obvious lure in starting shit.

As for ignore: It's not really worth it to me because I'd rather see if you have something interesting to add to a discussion (it sucks to miss out on part of the conversation if someone you've ignored has something worth saying.) Usually, when I see your avatar, I skim your post and don't say anything, but this time you had responded to me via quoting my text.
    That's a personal problem then and you shouldn't need to bring it up. And that means any personal opinion that you have made means nothing to add to the discussion either.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-09-26 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    This comes down to skill levels and hardware. While you don't need a gaming mouse, most gamers have one. It doesn't even have to be an MMO mouse. Charging attacks while moving is rather easy with a mouse and it feels awesome. Game development probably needs to shy away from assuming the lowest common denominator is someone with a dell issued mouse and keyboard and start adding more interesting mechanics that account for the technology we've had for a decade+ now.

Unless you keyboard turn and only use number keys as hotkeys, then holding down buttons does not interfere with movement.
    I have a Logitech mouse with, uh... 4 extra buttons and the mousewheel click.

I usually bind it so that my mouse click is opening my vent, and then the two little buttons right by the mousewheel are large CDs.

Then the two sidebuttons are generally attacks. It varied, though. On my hunter, it was mend pet and conc shot. On my bear tank, it was... something I don't remember and taunt. The two side buttons are my "quick access" ones.

As for movement, I utilize my mouse to turn and move with qwe. So I'll strafe and right click to hold/turn camera when moving to turn my character. Sometimes I'll find myself tapping a and d when kiting for extremely slight movements.

Edit: Hey zito, I see you've posted but I'm not going to respond 'cause this thread isn't "Let's watch Viscoe and zito type at each other about non-WildStar shit." If you wanna talk, you can whisper me. I've said my piece.

Edit2: Kitty, here's my mouse. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104577
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2013-09-26 at 05:49 PM.

Hey zito, I see you've posted but I'm not going to respond 'cause this thread isn't "Let's watch Viscoe and zito type at each other about non-WildStar shit." If you wanna talk, you can whisper me. I've said my piece.
    Typical Viscoe. Starts random shit in between the things he says on topic and runs away acting like a white knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzdoctor View Post
    Did you notice the cameo's of the 2 unannounced classes in the Ability Mechanics video? (0:36 and 2:44)
    Not much to see though.
    *Both taken from WSC post thread.

Yeah

And
    http://i.imgur.com/PL5hGx0.png

Careful on embedding gigantic images of doom.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-09-26 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I have a Logitech mouse with, uh... 4 extra buttons and the mousewheel click.

I usually bind it so that my mouse click is opening my vent, and then the two little buttons right by the mousewheel are large CDs.

Then the two sidebuttons are generally attacks. It varied, though. On my hunter, it was mend pet and conc shot. On my bear tank, it was... something I don't remember and taunt. The two side buttons are my "quick access" ones.

As for movement, I utilize my mouse to turn and move with qwe. So I'll strafe and right click to hold/turn camera when moving to turn my character. Sometimes I'll find myself tapping a and d when kiting for extremely slight movements.
    If that's how you move currently you should have no problems moving while charging spells. You may need to start using shift, alt, and ctrl modifiers.

Additionally many people use a more optimal setup by rebinding movement to esdf instead of wasd, which gives them more nearby buttons for keybinds. If you want to get really crazy, you can shift movement to rdfg. But that takes a lot of training time for your hands and you have to slide your keyboard over.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical Viscoe. Starts random shit in between the things he says on topic and runs away acting like a white knight.
    Again... this conversation isn't for here. And I will reassert I didn't start anything.

Also you obviously don't know who Viscoe is typically because I'm a girl! ;P

As for hotkeys and movement:

When the video was playing, I was testing it by holding down 3. With how I'd play, it would be like:

Hold down 3 with middle finger, use left index and ring fingers on qwe, right hand still on mouse.

So I guess it wouldn't be terrible for movement, using WoW's idea of movement (again, I had not played beta W*). It just feels like it might be a bit clunky if you bind the key to anything past 4 or 5. I mean, I guess I could bind the keys to my mouse as a solution, but then how many abilities would make you hold them? Is that even a viable solution?

That's where I am with the whole movement thing. I can only assume the "press forever while attacking" attacks are seldom used, which means they'd not be placed in my "high use" hotkeys (1-6 and mouse buttons.) So if you move with qwe and mouse, and then you have to hold down 8 and also hit qwe... it becomes problematic.

If that's how you move currently you should have no problems moving while charging spells. You may need to start using shift, alt, and ctrl modifiers.
    You can't move while charging a spell, you can move while channeling though.

Again... this conversation isn't for here. And I will reassert I didn't start anything.
    1) you did
    2) you are continuing to start shit by continuing to posting to non topic things

10+ Year Old Account

Additionally many people use a more optimal setup by rebinding movement to esdf instead of wasd, which gives them more nearby buttons for keybinds. If you want to get really crazy, you can shift movement to rdfg. But that takes a lot of training time for your hands and you have to slide your keyboard over.
    I actually do utilize alt and shift modifiers (or did in WoW) but sparingly, because it was causing my hand to feel pretty wrecked after raids on my shaman especially.

... I just tried to mime playing a game with rdfg. UGH. HOW.

- - - Updated - - -

2) you are continuing to start shit by continuing to posting to non topic things
    Talking about how you can move in a game while using attacks and binding stuff to a mouse is off topic when discussing how holding down a key would effect mouse and keybinds and movement? Well, I'll be.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't move while charging a spell, you can move while channeling though.
    Well I don't know how all the classes work, but the only ability I know of that is charged you are correct. That would be the spellslinger's big blast. I was using channels interchangeable, which is confusing.

There are some really heavy hitting ranged attacks which will force you to be rooted in place, but most attacks can be cast while moving. I should have used the right words from the beginning, but yes it is channeled. The one difference being that you can move your channel around on some classes, allowing you to move AOE on the fly. That's the part which is pretty cool and unique to this odd hybrid combat.
    BAD WOLF

Talking about how you can move in a game while using attacks and binding stuff to a mouse is off topic when discussing how holding down a key would effect mouse and keybinds and movement? Well, I'll be.
    Because you throw random things in between what you talk about? If you actually read anything you would know I already stated that. You are going off topic at the same time talking about the topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some really heavy hitting ranged attacks which will force you to be rooted in place, but most attacks can be cast while moving. I should have used the right words from the beginning, but yes it is channeled. The one difference being that you can move your channel around on some classes, allowing you to move AOE on the fly. That's the part which is pretty cool and unique to this odd hybrid combat.
    I wonder if melee have any big blasts like that. Being able to move while attacking is pretty huge for me. In fact, I wonder if melee would make sense to have any channels other than a whirlwind? It'll be interesting to see what they do with that.

If only they'd send me a beta invite!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm usually the one caught up in this, but you shold both probably just stop. Zito and I have gone on tirades at one another in the past like this and look, we're amicable now. Better to just drop it until you stop wanting to bicker, then the healing can commence.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to drop it. :/ I'm trying to carry on a conversation with you about movement and hotkeys.