10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god.

Those hoverboards look so fun !

Ok my first char name ll be marty mcfly.

Now if they were to throw in some SSX style combo tricks system into that hover board... mind blown. It would turn into a mini game.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Now if they were to throw in some SSX style combo tricks system into that hover board... mind blown. It would turn into a mini game.
    Could even have an achievement system to do X Trick from the peak of Mount Snowcappe, or have time slaloms down slopes, etc. So many possibilities. Do it Carbine.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post

This is exaclty what i thought about watching this.

1080 nose grab to raid 40 entrance.

LOL

It would be cool if the board could pick up speed too based on certain tricks. So rather than just floating along at a set pace.. if you found terrain that acts as a ramp and fly off it.. you pick up 5% speed on landing.. and so forth. I love how crazy creative and fun this game is looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Except with incredibly confusing acronyms based on your ability setup lol.

mage priest rogue vs rogue lock shaman vs ret warrior shaman

MPR dominated three for most of tbc, woltk and I stopped in early cata. During tbc ret warrior shaman was popular as a cleave team due to soc + wf totem. RLS was popular during early cata but I would assume that MPR became dominant later in cata because thats how it always was.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post

mage priest rogue vs rogue lock shaman vs ret warrior shaman
    I know what WoW acronyms are, I was saying Wildstar will have incredibly confusing ones based on the abilities you use. It won't be WEE(warrior - esper - engineer)..awesome acronym btw... it will be W(t,g,b)E(h,b,d)E(a,r,c) for Warrior: Tether, grip, blind...etc. I was just making a bad Wildstar joke.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of this game:

If they get the howerboard animations right they can even make a race minigames.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Hover boards! /drool

Lets just hope they don't implement flying mounts. Hover boards are the perfect niche, it seems to go plenty fast and it gives the appearance of flying. Like a motorcycle.

Its fucking perfect
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Hover boards! /drool

Lets just hope they don't implement flying mounts. Hover boards are the perfect niche, it seems to go plenty fast and it gives the appearance of flying. Like a motorcycle.
    Earlier quotes from them suggest flying mounts will be in, but yeah...hoverboards will be a nice compromise. At least in W* they would have scifi reasons to disable flying mounts in areas like EMP in the atmosphere preventing any sustained flight so that you could mount it on the ground, but past a certain height you get zapped off.
    BAD WOLF

Earlier quotes from them suggest flying mounts will be in
    They just want to continue to ruin everything don't they? Hover boards look extremely fast, flying mounts will just break the sense of an open world and would be over kill as transportation.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can take my flying mounts when you chop off their wings, zito!

Seriously though, I love being able to take my mounts out for joyrides. I've clocked hours and hours on WoW just flying all around because flight is amazing and so are the environments you loop through.

Ground mounts aren't the same, either. There's just something about three dimensions...

And I'm all for the EMP idea. Sometimes you just have to disable flying mounts for mechanics purposes. I know that first-fucking-hand, being a Horde player during the Landfall patch where WE got knocked off over the Ally base, but OUR cannons were broken and Allies could just swoop on in and do whatever and then leave real quick.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    They just want to continue to ruin everything don't they? Hover boards look extremely fast, flying mounts will just break the sense of an open world and would be over kill as transportation.
    Oh it's not concrete. There was a flurry of debate on it earlier, but the typical people opposed are also opposed to good things like group finders and whatnot. Maybe hoverboards are a compromise? Idk. We'll see what happens. If a game is going to remove flying and have a vast enough world to be enjoyable, I'd at least prefer a viable fast travel option. More flight paths or teleportation at a cost is fine by me.
    BAD WOLF

You can take my flying mounts when you chop off their wings, zito!
    How about I shoot you with a silver bullet?

The only time I agree with ghost crawler from WoW was when he said he wished flying mounts never existed :P

Oh it's not concrete. There was a flurry of debate on it earlier, but the typical people opposed are also opposed to good things like group finders and whatnot. Maybe hoverboards are a compromise? Idk. We'll see what happens. If a game is going to remove flying and have a vast enough world to be enjoyable, I'd at least prefer a viable fast travel option. More flight paths or teleportation at a cost is fine by me.
    From the actual speed of the hover board (which seems faster then any mount speed I've seen in any game) I think portals would be a good compromise.

I really don't see the point of flying mounts, it gets rid of the danger and immersion of the world. Its a cool aesthetic but I find it pointless and ruins the open world.

- - - Updated - - -

It just seems they keep deciding on things that break if I want to play the game or not.

Not action - action combat? Check
    Subscription? Check
    Pointless over geared gear treadmill? Check
    Flying mounts? Maybe check

-_-

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see the point of flying mounts, it gets rid of the danger and immersion of the world. Its a cool aesthetic but I find it pointless and ruins the open world.
    It opens up vertical design in less gimmicky ways. You can have real mountains and secluded areas without having to carefully place paths to climb up. It's much more realistic. Now, if they gave each class the ability to rock climb by inserting footholds and climbing up...I would go nuts. That would be amazing. It's really hard to justify the lack of flying technology in a SciFi game though.
    BAD WOLF

I am 100% against flying mounts, if they would be implemented in the way they are in WoW. In my opinion, WOW flying mounts break immersion and make the world feel small. I hate that you are able to turn 180 degrees from full speed in a snap of your fingers. I understand some might call that "reactive" and "Fluid" experience, I call it retarded.

But think if Wildstar has a somewhat good physics engine? If the inertia seen in the hoverboard video is applicaple to flying mounts, then by all means give me flying mounts! Think about soaring trough the air with your plane / shuttle / etc, being chased by opposite faction player. You would actually need to be good in flying your machine in order shake them off from your tail. Soaring between a narrow cap between mountains, unsure if you will make the turn as your inertia is taking you towards the wall of the mountain.

Inertia and proper flight physics, could take the flying experience in completelly new level instead of checking map to general direction where you want to go, pushing autorun button and going to make coffee.

For me personally, flying in WoW does not give any additional fun, and breaks the immersion as flying just feels wrong. It also makes you able to fly in altitudes that shrinks the world to noexistent. Of course there is little to do on the ground in WoW, so why would you ever land? Big part of making flying work, is to give you reasons to land, and make the flying experience fun instead of a skip area button.

Disclaimer: The previously stated was my opinion, and my opinion only. If you want to argue this opinion, go ahead. I am not trying to make strong debate, so it will not be too fruitfull to pursue a debate on the matter (Kelimbror). ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It opens up vertical design in less gimmicky ways. You can have real mountains and secluded areas without having to carefully place paths to climb up. It's much more realistic. Now, if they gave each class the ability to rock climb by inserting footholds and climbing up...I would go nuts. That would be amazing. It's really hard to justify the lack of flying technology in a SciFi game though.
    You can jump really really high in certain areas. It does make sense not to have them if gravity on the planet is warped, which it is.

But their jumping missions would be pointless with flying mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    How about I shoot you with a silver bullet?

The only time I agree with ghost crawler from WoW was when he said he wished flying mounts never existed :P
    You... you wouldn't do that!

In any case, I like flying mounts because I just love the hell out of mounts. I have no qualms about being told I can't have them right from the get-go, but don't give them to me and then take them away.

And I'd argue that they enhanced my immersion in WoW. Danger was never a thing - you couldn't fly through zones you were leveling in until Cata, and I played on an RP server, so no flagging issues. So the only thing flying mounts offered to me, personally, was awesomeness. Things to collect that look cool and I can take them on joy rides that are absolutely fun as hell because I'm looping through the air? YES.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

You... you wouldn't do that!
    We both know I wouldn't even hesitate >: D

In any case, I like flying mounts because I just love the hell out of mounts. I have no qualms about being told I can't have them right from the get-go, but don't give them to me and then take them away.
    I like Rifts "flying" mounts where it gives the appearance of flying without actually going over mountains and shit. Its like the hover board, it looks like flying but its not. Its a great compromise.

@ Flying mounts vs exploration / dangerous environment.

As this is a vertical progression game, you could deal with this a few ways.

Let's say that you get a flying mount at level 40. Developers can assume you have completed zones below level 40 so those can have a flying mount in them without removing "danger" as the NPCs will be lowbies / low aggro radius ect (Read: non threatening). Zones that have exploration above level 40 could have dangers TO flying mounts such as gravity wells, rarefied atmosphere, lightning, AA weapons, ect that could make flying as dangerous and challenging (if not more) than jumping challenges OR make it impossible to use a flying mount (rarefied atmosphere).
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -