10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I don't know about tanking, but, engineer is probably cooler from a mechanics perspective. Pets (or not if you don't want them), being ranged provides them more opportunity for interesting telegraphs, more varied attacks. Stalker is all melee, so their mechanics are pretty cut and dry melee rogueish crap.

Edit: That's ALL conjecture btw.
    i think stalkers actually look kinda interesting from what little i've seen so far. rogues in wow and most other games just initiate fights from stealth and then have some more or less long cd to also stealth in fight every once in a while.

stalkers look more like the thieves of gw2, who go invisible for just a few seconds at most, but very frequently even while fighting, sort of 'dancing' around the enemy and combo-ing different cc, burst and stealth-hit effects together. it's obviously hard to tell how much fun that will be without actually playing it, but i do love thief and hope stalker gameplay will go in a similar direction.
    as for tanking, i wouldn't mind playing a tank that focuses more on actively evading stuff rather than mitigating or absorbing, if they will all be considered about equally useful and viable in terms of balance.
    Last edited by Sy; 2013-11-25 at 10:10 PM.

The chua would be the only reason to roll dominion for me. But at the end I will stick to the exiles, too. I'll have to wait for engeeniers to finally decide which class, but as I already said, till that moment I prefer to play a 'slinger DD.

Whats your opinion about those random dungeons floors, quests and event types? I highly appreciate that flavor and hope they can fulfill their own standards.. :/

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i think stalkers actually look kinda interesting from what little i've seen so far. rogues in wow and most other games just initiate fights from stealth and then have some more or less long cd to also stealth in fight every once in a while.

stalkers look more like the thieves of gw2, who go invisible for just a few seconds at most, but very frequently even while fighting, sort of 'dancing' around the enemy and combo-ing different cc, burst and stealth-hit effects together. it's obviously hard to tell how much fun that will be without actually playing it, but i do love thief and hope stalker gameplay will go in a similar direction.
    as for tanking, i wouldn't mind playing a tank that focuses more on actively evading stuff rather than mitigating or absorbing, if they will all be considered about equally useful and viable in terms of balance.
    :x

Words I want to say but can't.

Just, fuck them for skipping the stalker stream. I'm still going to main a stalker when the game comes out.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    been a while since i found an mmo that actually made me want to play for more than a couple of weeks
    Think my personal record for hooray to yuck is still STO, three days.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    Whats your opinion about those random dungeons floors, quests and event types? I highly appreciate that flavor and hope they can fulfill their own standards.. :/
    I think it sounds really, really cool. I can't wait for the dungeons in this game. Though the time on one fiveman (I think in that one interview they said their goal was 45 minutes for the easier ones?) is a little bit much, I like 20-30 minute dungeons much more.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    My records are GW2: 3 hours, second only to FF XIV: 40 minutes.

I have never been at that hooray stage, how does that feel?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    My records are GW2: 3 hours, second only to FF XIV: 40 minutes.
    ... wow, that's no time at all. o_O What was so bad that you jumped ship that quick? Combat? UI?

If I hated the combat mechanics in a game I could see myself quitting after 3 hours, but I gave GW2 and XIV a few months each before I left. GW2, the world was just boring and I didn't like the hearts system. XIV got canned because of the endgame grind and WildStar being on the cusp of release.

... wow, that's no time at all. o_O What was so bad that you jumped ship that quick? Combat? UI?

If I hated the combat mechanics in a game I could see myself quitting after 3 hours, but I gave GW2 and XIV a few months each before I left. GW2, the world was just boring and I didn't like the hearts system. XIV got canned because of the endgame grind and WildStar being on the cusp of release.
    GW2 was simply BORING! Overall boring! Everything boring!

FFXIV didn't even allow me to see any combat. The intro zone involves you running around in a huge city doing Fedex quests and talking to various uninteresting npcs while hearing various onomathopeic sounds that are supposed to sound good in japanese. I also noticed how the character's arms clip through the weapon on its back all the time and I hate glitches!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    GW2 was simply BORING! Overall boring! Everything boring!

FFXIV didn't even allow me to see any combat. The intro zone involves you running around in a huge city doing Fedex quests and talking to various uninteresting npcs while hearing various onomathopeic sounds that are supposed to sound good in japanese. I also noticed how the character's arms clip through the weapon on its back all the time and I hate glitches!!!!
    Ah. xD

Yeah, XIV definitely moved slow as hell all the way up to max level and continued to move slow as hell after max level. I don't mind slow questing, and in fact as a Final Fantasy game I expected it to be pretty slow, but I couldn't take the grind once I hit cap.

Hopefully W* will be closer to WoW than anything else for the elder game. Purely from the perspective of getting valor items, it seemed to move at an alright pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    i think they sound nice, but i'm guessing it will very quickly be standart to just either always do them or always skip them, at least with pugs.

Just, fuck them for skipping the stalker stream. I'm still going to main a stalker when the game comes out.
    i'd assume we are still going to get a stalker stream after engineer and medic. or maybe i'm actually just hoping, not assuming... well, it's one of those two!

i disliked tera right from the beginning when i played in beta, but still played for a few days with some friends. and neverwinter bored me quickly, too. i would probably have stuck around for longer if i had had actually spent money on them, though, to see if maybe i'll like them more later on.

I think it sounds really, really cool. I can't wait for the dungeons in this game. Though the time on one fiveman (I think in that one interview they said their goal was 45 minutes for the easier ones?) is a little bit much, I like 20-30 minute dungeons much more.
    i like long dungeons :]
    unless the reason they last 2 hours is that people keep failing simple boss tactics for 1.5 hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd assume we are still going to get a stalker stream after engineer and medic. or maybe i'm actually just hoping, not assuming... well, it's one of those two!
    Yeah I suspect we'll get stalker after they reveal the two new ones. But man I was so excited. They crushed my heart! Crushed it up into little bits.

i like long dungeons :]
    unless the reason they last 2 hours is that people keep failing simple boss tactics for 1.5 hours.
    See, I'm really split down the middle here. On the one hand I can appreciate a long dungeon because it feels very immersive and involved, especially when you're going with friends. It can also provide more background and story for the place you're in and can afford bosses some more interesting mechanics because they expect you to be in there longer anyway.

On the other hand, that's really fun at first, but then you have to realize you're gonna be farming those dungeons. I kind of don't want to spend 3 hours doing dungeons and only complete two dungeons. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I suspect we'll get stalker after they reveal the two new ones. But man I was so excited. They crushed my heart! Crushed it up into little bits.
    /patpat :[
    See, I'm really split down the middle here. On the one hand I can appreciate a long dungeon because it feels very immersive and involved, especially when you're going with friends. It can also provide more background and story for the place you're in and can afford bosses some more interesting mechanics because they expect you to be in there longer anyway.

On the other hand, that's really fun at first, but then you have to realize you're gonna be farming those dungeons. I kind of don't want to spend 3 hours doing dungeons and only complete two dungeons. :/
    yeah, i somewhat agree. but i think 45-60mins is quite a good length, if that's what it takes an average pug group. so if you've got some friends with you, you can probably still do 4+ in three hours once you know how all the fights work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You'll see once the patch notes get loaded up nearing december when the beta officialy starts again, personally not sure what the person is going on about being intentionally vague and negative but you'll be able to see for yourself in at least the notes "soon".
    The Winter Beta started back up over 2 weeks ago, the patch notes were leaked a while back.

Although I dont agree at all with the OP, the game has progressed very well during its downtime and is in a good place moving forwards.
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2013-11-26 at 12:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, i somewhat agree. but i think 45-60mins is quite a good length, if that's what it takes an average pug group. so if you've got some friends with you, you can probably still do 4+ in three hours once you know how all the fights work.
    Yeah, that's true enough. We'll just have to see. I have high hopes, though, for the dungeons.

Interesting that they included finding the entrance, though. I remember in Cata, Blizz implemented that to force people out in the world and make sure everyone doing a dungeon knew where the GY is. But in the livestream when that guy failed hard at healing as esper, they rezzed at the dungeon entrance like in FFXIV. So it's not like you'll have to corpse run.

Not to mention, I really liked it when I could do VC as Horde once they added LFD in Wrath. I have a feeling I'll never see the inside of the Dominion-equivalent of STL until I actually play a Dommie alt. xD

That said, it's not really a bad thing. Just have to pop by the dungeon entrance while you quest through the zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's true enough. We'll just have to see. I have high hopes, though, for the dungeons.
    same. i reeeally like that they look actually challenging right from the start. i love doing dungeons at all levels, and the complete lack of any challenge in them whatsoever was what put me off the most when i tried mop for a short while. i wiped once in, like, 20 dungeon runs. and that was with me as the healer being generally brain-afk, jumping and dancing around because i was so bored <_<

would probably have lost interest even sooner if i hadn't had a sexy, dancing nightelf to stare at all the time^^
    Interesting that they included finding the entrance, though. I remember in Cata, Blizz implemented that to force people out in the world and make sure everyone doing a dungeon knew where the GY is. But in the livestream when that guy failed hard at healing as esper, they rezzed at the dungeon entrance like in FFXIV. So it's not like you'll have to corpse run.

Not to mention, I really liked it when I could do VC as Horde once they added LFD in Wrath. I have a feeling I'll never see the inside of the Dominion-equivalent of STL until I actually play a Dommie alt. xD

That said, it's not really a bad thing. Just have to pop by the dungeon entrance while you quest through the zone.
    i imagine it will annoy quite a few people. but i like the attempt of making them feel more connected to the world :]

When you get invite to the beta can you play whenever or is it like the ESO beta where every so often you can play?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I have never been at that hooray stage, how does that feel?
    Interesting, as in "this is interesting, hooray!"
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, as in "this is interesting, hooray!"
    hooray! \o/

hooray! \o/
    Hooray! Beer!

hmmm