Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Same for me. And thats why Wildstar is so good imo. It feels like WoW movement, for the first time.
    I agree, it has WoW's responsiveness and movement even with its combat. And that is one of the most important things to me. In other MMOs when I play them, I always yearn for it to be like WoW when it comes to responsiveness, controls and movement because those games are always lacking in that department.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its very important for me too to have a quick responding Gameplay. It's a pretty big deal for me in the long Run.

So it's very good to hear that Wildstar 'feels Good'.
    Last edited by Illumy; 2013-12-22 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraend View Post
    It's difficult to name any game that gives you the option for the best gear as a solo (or duo, or trio, or [10-n]) player because none of them have so far done it. And that's a damn, crying shame.
    Well, GW2 allows you to craft ascended gear. I haven't played Rift in a long time (pre-expansion & F2P), but before I quit I think you could buy raid level gear with Inscribed Sourcestones, which are awarded for doing high level rift events. The problem there is the costs were so high you'd have to grind nothing but rift events for probably about 6 months to get a full set (for one character), by which time the next tier of raid would be released.

But in every game I've played, there is a big gate just before the end of the path, with a mighty wizard guarding it, yelling, "YOU! SHALL NOT! PAASSSS! (Cue blinding explosion)...unless you find a good guild and abandon your real friends and show up M-W-F from 7-10 with a bunch of other people you don't really know or care about, some of whom you don't even like. That is the ONLY way to better your character past here."
    Been there, done that. Spending 12-20 hours a week with people you don't like because they're in the only raiding guild either 1) making any progress, 2) who had openings for your class, 3) raided during times that fit your schedule, or 4) any combination of the above, was so much fun. /sarcasm

The sad part is, WoW already has something like that in the form of the Brawler's Guild, a series of increasingly harder bosses with some pretty intense mechanics. The rewards? Complete and utter fluff. It's like a slap in the face to dedicated, skilled yet solo players.

As Bardian said before, skill doesn't depend on the amount of bodies you bring with you. And the level of the reward should be solely dependent on one's skill, nothing else.
    The people are what make raids hard. I've done enough raiding in my time to know for a fact that some people can join a raiding guild, get completely carried, and have the best gear in the game just for showing up basically. Likewise, I've soloed many an encounter my fellow raiders could not. Raiding =/= skill.

As far as I'm concerned, raiding is just a different type of gameplay. Unfortunately, it's the one developers seem to like to toss the lion's share of rewards at.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    So it seems to me that WildStar wants to cater to the hardcore community, which by all means is fine. They've seen that WoW is becoming dumbed down and casualized to death and want to fill the niche that is players who feel rejected from WoW because it panders too much to casuals. The only problem I see here with this is that there is going to be content that is going to be inaccessible to players who don't want to commit to a 40man raid guild. If memory serves me right, around 3% of players saw 40man Naxx back in its day. If WildStar raiding follows any sort of trend like that, they are going to see major problems with their end game community.
    Part of the the problem is the "40 man" nature. I wouldn't mind if it were scaled down to 20-25 players.

well they did say they will have 20 man raids as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illumy View Post
    Its very important for me too to have a quick responding Gameplay. It's a pretty big deal for me in the long Run.

So it's very good to hear that Wildstar 'feels Good'.
    Same here was one of the big things that made me stop playing Warhammer online. that delay in that game killed me :S loved the game to death but the delay killed me. :/

Wildstar is on the same lvl as wow if not better.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Btw it's magic that you say it's not delivering on anything when you even aren't in beta...
    Yes it's 'magic'. Otherwise known as NDA. The more you know.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aT1C View Post
    Same here was one of the big things that made me stop playing Warhammer online. that delay in that game killed me :S loved the game to death but the delay killed me. :/

Wildstar is on the same lvl as wow if not better.
    Imo its not. The ice skating makes it feel much less responsive, and it drives me nuts. Tons of sounds are also missing when you hit something, or get hit. Some enemy spells have no sound at all at the moment. They have the core of combat and movement, but a lot of polish is missing right now.

Tons of sounds are also missing when you hit something, or get hit. Some enemy spells have no sound at all at the moment.
    Beta usually means 'unfinished'. Of course it's lacking polish here.

As for the 'ice skating', a lot of movement seems to be based off real-world physics. (Well...except for the whole...double jumping thing.) If you turn on a dime, you're going to slide a little and kick off into the opposite direction. Stopping also has a very slight effect of your character slowing down to a stop, but it isn't animated correctly so it appears they're sliding. (Characters only slide about a foot at most, too. I think you can kind of see it on videos. It definitely isn't anything terrible.) IMO it doesn't make it frustrating or anything. Some people may have an issue with it, though. I don't.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder but...how would legendary weapons/gear look like .

One example:

Legendary medic weapon?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I know it's been linked before, but it was two months and ~200 pages ago, so some people might have missed it:

http://www.wildstarfans.net/2013/10/...hree-gear.html

The gist of it is:
    So we can make three unique and separate progression paths for different types of players.
    PvP Gear has PvP stats
    Raid Gear has Raid stats
    Solo Gear has Base stats
    Which would be really interesting to me if done correctly. The only real reason raiding is that "carrot on a stick" for a player like myself is that the superior gear is found there. But superior for what? In WoW's case, raid gear used to make you better at everything. Then they split off PvP and PvE gear. There's still overlap of course, and that's fine, but for the most part the system worked. Now, if you split PvE gear once more, into gear designed specifically for raiding, versus that designed for small group/solo play...I think that would solve the dilemma of folks like me who don't want to be forced into raiding to get the most effective gear for what we DO want to do.

There's a big caveat to that though, which is that there has to be small group/solo content that is as challenging as raiding, offering separate but equal rewards, just like there are for PvP. I hope they focus on that path as much as they say they are, and endgame in general.

i wish they would elaborate more on the story. hopefully there will be lots of eldin stuff. the eldin are kind of like wildstars titans right?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i wish they would elaborate more on the story. hopefully there will be lots of eldin stuff. the eldin are kind of like wildstars titans right?
    I believe the idea is that the end game is where we learn about the Elden - what happened, why they left ...etc

There is lots of in-game lore about who they were, and there are lore articles on the Wildstar website.
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2013-12-23 at 01:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    btw, How are head gear and hair handled in Wildstar? Will my Aurin go bald when I equip a helmet? :3
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2013-12-23 at 04:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    btw, How are head gear and hair handled in Wildstar? Will my Aurin go bald when I equip a helmet? :3
    Wouldn't be surprised if they do.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    So I found some thing I don't like about WildStar, it's the whole mash the F key to do stuff like repair the consoles etc. Seems bit like what's the point, it doesn't make the quest more fun. :S

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well they did say they will have 20 man raids as well
    Yes, but if you ask any Vanilia player what he thinks of AQ20 or ZG compared to Naxx or AQ40, (or BT vs ZA) turns out pretty fast that they were fillers between 'true raids'
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Here's a quote from a PC Gamer article on WildStar

So it seems to me that WildStar wants to cater to the hardcore community, which by all means is fine. They've seen that WoW is becoming dumbed down and casualized to death and want to fill the niche that is players who feel rejected from WoW because it panders too much to casuals. The only problem I see here with this is that there is going to be content that is going to be inaccessible to players who don't want to commit to a 40man raid guild. If memory serves me right, around 3% of players saw 40man Naxx back in its day. If WildStar raiding follows any sort of trend like that, they are going to see major problems with their end game community.
    Using Naxx is a pretty bad example naxx was released like 3 months before BC Naxx was also by far the hardest instance in the game apart from a few AQ40 boss's so progression was slow around the world.

When I was playing WoW In vanilla was not the most geared, I was 15 years old on a half blue half epic geared mage I was never angry at players who had more gear than me I was a little jealous but I understood that those players put in the time and effort to get there, I also understood I was playing an MMORPG the genre that rewards you for time and skill.

The reason why enjoyed vanilla the most is because I was much better than 99% of the player base not to sound like a douche, Even the best geared players I could dominate on my glass cannon mage. I think I was really good because I played games on the side like DotA CS1.6 and Quake they are much harder games than WoW especially when most of the WoW population at the time were very bad at games.

WoW does not resemble a MMORPG anymore everyone looks the same everyone has similar gear everyone progresses by sitting in town all day it has no community it has too many rules its nerfed the smart people its simplified for idiots and every single class can do the same as any other class.

Fun game.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually SWP was the least seen instance, more people seen Naxx than SWP
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Any chance any of you kind people have an extra beta key? I'd like to try this game if possible, it looks pretty amazing! PM me if so.