Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    That's like saying "I don't care about MMOs".
    I said that? I dont remember saying that? I said I don't like the salesman approach that comes along with the F2P model, but I like MMOs. I would rather pay my $15 and be done for the month.

I am glad I am clear now.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    Edit: Ah I get that you feel that personal play is the only way to garner a true opinion. I would agree it makes the biggest impact. However, fan sites make a big impact, if they didn't....sites like this one wouldn't exist.
    Sure. I'm not debating that. If it's all you can get, it's a much wiser decision to go by that sort of information. I'm just saying that personally what we've seen and heard doesn't match with what I may or may not have experienced. TL,DR I feel like the stuff we get outside of NDA is the equivalent of a photoshopped model on a magazine cover and not what's really there.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think the "partial" nda lift was a mistake. Then again, I'm not a fan of nda's to begin with. In my mind, it leaves the impression that that is all you think is ready for the public. And when many are confident you've got less than six months till launch? A lot more than 1-15 should be ready for public consumption.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    I said that? I dont remember saying that? I said I don't like the salesman approach that comes along with the F2P model, but I like MMOs. I would rather pay my $15 and be done for the month.

I am glad I am clear now.
    Alright, I guess I have to be more clear.

You saying that you don't care for F2P MMOs is like saying that you don't care for 98% of MMOs. You might as well say you don't care about the genre.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, I guess I have to be more clear.

You saying that you don't care for F2P MMOs is like saying that you don't care for 98% of MMOs. You might as well say you don't care about the genre.
    One doesn't need to care for each and every MMO to care for MMOs. Not to mention F2P is not a genre. It's like saying that if one doesn't care for fantasy MMOs - they don't care for MMOs. Silly, right?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Not to mention F2P is not a genre.
    Not what I said.

I said that MMOs are a genre that is populated almost entire by MMOs that use the F2P model. By saying that you don't care for F2P MMOs, you are saying that you don't care for almost every MMO out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not what I said.

I said that MMOs are a genre that is populated almost entire by MMOs that use the F2P model. By saying that you don't care for F2P MMOs, you are saying that you don't care for almost every MMO out there.
    Not to mention that someone saying they don't like F2P MMOs means they accept payment models as categories and thus logically create the stipulation you criticized on their own accord. There's nothing inherently different in F2P MMOs other than the payment model, which serves to ironically highlight the exact point that there is no such thing as a genre of F2P MMOs, thereby falling under this criticism again. In short, it's silly to say something like 'I don't like F2P MMOs' or 'F2P MMOs aren't good', etc.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Not what I said.

Exactly what you said, and you even repeated it just now.
    Don't you see it?

One have to care just for a single MMO to care for MMOs. Do you understand?

98% of MMOs are Fantasy setting MMOs. So if one doesn't care for Fantasy setting - they don't care for MMOs? How does that work with F2P MMOs? If one likes F2P Sci-Fi MMOs - what does it mean?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

One have to care just for a single MMO to care for MMOs.
    Nope.

That's like says, "I like Seinfeld, except of the episodes that have Jerry."

You don't like Seinfeld. Jerry is in just about every episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

I like puppies. Just not puppies that have fur on them. I totally hate puppies with fur.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

That's one of the poorest analogies I have ever heard.

Sitcom == MMO genre
    Sienfield == 1 of MMOs

I am not sure that I have enjoyed close to 2% of Sitcoms. But I like Sitcoms.

Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I like puppies. Just not puppies that have fur on them. I totally hate puppies with fur.
    I LOVE starwars movies.

Except for the ones with force users.

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE starwars movies.

Except for the ones with force users.
    Nice show you two have going. Entertaining yourselves with illogical analogies. Must be fun.

Nice show you two have going. Entertaining yourselves with illogical analogies. Must be fun.
    Aww... Elim isn't haven fun :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww... Elim isn't haven fun :P
    Oh I do, I realize this is just the way you admit being wrong.

Deleted
    Not what I said.

Which would be very logical. 99,9999% of MMOs on the market are garbage, f2p bullshit. F2p not because the developers decided out of the goodness of their hearts to simply offer mankind this gift BUT because they suck so hard that no one in their right mind would pay a subscription fee for them.

Sure, you may argue that these sh...awesome MMOs have lots of players (arguably since MMO devs like to lie about their subscribers by only revealing the total amount of accounts ever made, not the actual number of ACTIVE accounts of people who login regularly) but at the end of the day these MMOs are garbage for the vast majority of gamers no matter how much you try to sugar coat it by saying that as long as an MMO covers its functioning expenses then it's a successful one.
    Last edited by mmocb2f003828d; 2013-12-27 at 09:53 PM.

Oh come on who god damn cares this went off topic so long ago. Look if you are going to have an argument with each other take it to the Pm's do not spam a thread with off topic dribble.

Anyway game is looking interesting but I still can't get my head around this half lifted NDA. I mean they should have just sent the keys out to the people they wanted to plug the game first similar to HS. If they really wanted to test it as opposed to advertise it they would have either just let the NDA go one way or other. That been said I wish more studio's acted like Larian and just stream an Alpha with no fucks given. Makes me trust them so much more when they at least try to be open with the customer and trust them to understand what a beta/Alpha actually is

- - - Updated - - -

Also, and I can't believe I am getting in on this after condemning it Elim is right in saying that he can like MMO's but not like a business model some of them use. Just because he hates the business model most of the use does not mean he doesn't like the games in that genre (if mmo can be considered a genre as I assume we are talking about MMORPGS such as wow to be clear)

Quote Originally Posted by Major Spam View Post
    but at the end of the day these MMOs are garbage for the vast majority of gamers
    I believe this is more important than anything to do with payment models.

An MMO doesn't have to appeal to the vast majority of MMO players to be a success and appealing to the vast majority of MMO players doesn't guarantee that it is good. Different strokes for different folks and all that. I likely enjoy different MMOs (as well as other games within other genres) than you. You simply not liking an MMO does not make it garbage, fp2 bullshit, or suck so hard no one would pay a subscription for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like the renovn system. If you are a total dick and toxic to others you simply cant build anything unique in your house.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    If you are a total dick and toxic to others you simply cant build anything unique in your house.
    I'm sure they will suffer for it.