Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Whoa...

Whoa.

Settle down, chief.
    Good comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Good comeback.
    It's closer to WoW than it is to Tera due to the way in which white damage and mob movement works.

That said, it's comparable to neither.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I mean to be fair it's more like WoW and GW2 had little space babies if we're isolating combat to mechanics alone and not a comparison of how successfully any game approaches those mechanics. It's not really anything like Tera. But yeah, not comparable to any of them frankly which is actually a positive. Combat is one of the more well done things...I also like their class identities from both a mechanical and aesthetic standpoint.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah I mean to be fair it's more like WoW and GW2 had little space babies if we're isolating combat to mechanics alone and not a comparison of how successfully any game approaches those mechanics. It's not really anything like Tera. But yeah, not comparable to any of them frankly which is actually a positive. Combat is one of the more well done things...I also like their class identities from both a mechanical and aesthetic standpoint.
    Wildstar is a really good amalgamation of WoW and GW2, The artstyle and enemy telegraphs are similar to WoW just with a Sci-Fi twist, and the freeform movement is almost exactly like GW2.

I too really enjoy the game when it's working correctly (quest givers are on the ground and not floating 10000 feet in the air and ability delay is non-existant or minimal rather than 2-3 second delay), the combat is really fun and the constant quests are great IMO...never lack for something to do, but it can be a bit overwhelming at first.

Screw you Explorer path...Staking the Claim is the most aggravating thing I've ever tried to do in any game ever....I'm going to be Scientist or Soldier on all my characters, Settler and Explorer are just TOO grindy and/ or annoying IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Wildstar is a really good amalgamation of WoW and GW2, The artstyle and enemy telegraphs are similar to WoW just with a Sci-Fi twist, and the freeform movement is almost exactly like GW2.

I too really enjoy the game when it's working correctly (quest givers are on the ground and not floating 10000 feet in the air and ability delay is non-existant or minimal rather than 2-3 second delay), the combat is really fun and the constant quests are great IMO...never lack for something to do, but it can be a bit overwhelming at first.

Screw you Explorer path...Staking the Claim is the most aggravating thing I've ever tried to do in any game ever....I'm going to be Scientist or Soldier on all my characters, Settler and Explorer are just TOO grindy and/ or annoying IMO.
    The benefits for being a Soldier kinda suck, Scientists looks good though.

The combat sets it apart, the fights are nothing like WoW at all, if anything I would compare this game to Tera.
    Boss encounters are quite similar to WoW. While combat may be a variation from the traditional MMO tab system, it's not the entirety of the game. If you honestly believe this game is more similar to TERA than WoW, I'd venture to say that you haven't played either.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've watched the official flicks and some of the dungeon/raid previews on YouTube, and I have to say this game looks like absolute fun and has plenty of personality. The only thing I don't like about it is the price of the purchase; then again, I say that about the majority of video games out today. The addition of farming CREDD to buy more game-time is a nice touch.

I think, if I had to choose a Path, it'd be either Explorer or Scientist, but I would like to decide on one that I can get the most lore out of.

Quick question, but does Wildstar have racial traits like the ones you'd find in WoW? It doesn't seem like it, but it's been bothering me for some time now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    I've watched the official flicks and some of the dungeon/raid previews on YouTube, and I have to say this game looks like absolute fun and has plenty of personality. The only thing I don't like about it is the price of the purchase; then again, I say that about the majority of video games out today. The addition of farming CREDD to buy more game-time is a nice touch.

I think, if I had to choose a Path, it'd be either Explorer or Scientist, but I would like to decide on one that I can get the most lore out of.

Quick question, but does Wildstar have racial traits like the ones you'd find in WoW? It doesn't seem like it, but it's been bothering me for some time now.
    No racial traits at all, and if you enjoy reading Lore then go Scientist, your job is to archive things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh jeez! I tripped over Kelimbror's corpse and ALSO fell on the preorder button!
    Man the bodies keep piling up. How curious that i tripped on both of your corpses and a pre-order button was pressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Boss encounters are quite similar to WoW. While combat may be a variation from the traditional MMO tab system, it's not the entirety of the game. If you honestly believe this game is more similar to TERA than WoW, I'd venture to say that you haven't played either.
    Or just in denial.

No racial traits at all, and if you enjoy reading Lore then go Scientist, your job is to archive things.
    There are racial traits persay, but for classes, called innates. Each path gets their own abilities as well, for example a scientist can get a summon and an ability to lower threat/aggro.

http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wilds...keybindfreedom
    http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/220093-steer

Maybe if we combine them we can get back to WACC level combat controls!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I can confirm.

Steer + keybindfreedom = better than WACC.

Now, so long as Carbine doesn't fuck this up, it will be fun to play again.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2014-04-05 at 01:53 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

I can confirm.

What do those addons do exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Xayon View Post
    What do those addons do exactly?
    Fixes the shitty combat

To be more precise, Steer camera locks when you move your character or when you are in combat. It makes it so it acts as if you are holding down right click.
    This is interchangeable with Deadlock Extended, which is currently out of date but still works. However, Steer requires less micromanagement as the cursor returns any time you are not moving automatically.

Keybindfreedom allows you to bind abilities and dodge to your right and left mouse key. This was the missing piece of the puzzle that makes the combat fun again. If you set direction dash to right click, you dodge whatever direction you are heading. Having your basic attack bound to left click with 'hold to cast' on makes it so you can just press down and you will keep attacking.

It all comes together to give a control scheme that opens up keys and feels far more intuitive, especially for those who come from action MMOs.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...those addons + removal of slippery ice legs makes the game feel much better.
    BAD WOLF

- - - Updated - - -

I can confirm.

Thank fucking god. If carbine ruins keybind freedom though it's just another /facepalm
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar Beta Keys! Over 80 (US first and then EU) in the comment section of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-iYch8OhPo

ONLY FOR THIS WEEKEND!

10+ Year Old Account
    It breaks me heart to say this, but I was blown away by the Beta. I felt the same way I felt when I played any other mmo. I do hope I find it more fun when it is actually released.

The combat is nothing extraordinary.
    The setting isn`t something special.

The animation is good.
    Music is good.

Overall I`d give it a 4/10.

Keep in mind though that i have only played till level 4.

I feel like the constant quest and challenge pop up boxes are attacking my eyes.

It's like life before Adblocker.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the constant quest and challenge pop up boxes are attacking my eyes.

It's like life before Adblocker.
    Totally agree with this mega-turnoff for me too.

The small lore-buttons and small info buttons (they can be turned off but i dont want to miss out on something) are annoying.
    These small bits could have been included in the game some other way. I for one am no fan of reading texts; i`d rather watch it happen (like swtor) or leave it out on the website (EQ).

The starting area with 100k extra npcs is also not helping this issue. Again I am a harsh critique, but I hope they change a few things before release.