Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    A bit disappointed by DotA2 Graphics!

Also the 5m$ tourney from Riot.. They gotta put one over the top! But Great for Esports.
    Last edited by mmoc541431a6c3; 2011-08-16 at 11:54 AM.

The 5 milion prize pool is for the whole season and multiple tournaments and championships or whatever...the dota 2 is still on top, with the 1 mil prize being for a single tournament...

I love The Daily Blink picture

Daily Blink Win

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuraine View Post
    Blergh, this means nothing to me. I don't have a clue what DotA is or stands for, if anything, since the website doesn't even tell you, and the only way I even know that LoL exists is cause my boyfriend plays it and talks about it sometimes. They're both RTS games aren't they? If so, that'll be why I don't know about them.
    Yeah they aren't really making it easy for new gamers. DotA (Defense of the Ancients) was mod for WarCraft 3. But DotA, LoL (League of Legends) and HoN (Heroes of Newerth) aren't RTS (Real Time Strategy) games. They are MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) games.

The rest you can google

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    If Valve ever got serious on an MMO, it would be simply epic.
    But there would be hats, hats everywhere! So many hats! D: Also I can't wait to play DotA 2, although LoL is pretty fun right now...

Deleted
    Awesome Daily Bink

This DotA 2 trailer sucks balls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i cant play LOL with my Polish mates from fucking server split !!!! And afaik transfers ware suppose to be available after split like 2 months ago. GJ RIOT.

Deleted
    Imo Through a Glass Darkly was tailored for classes like warlocks since it isn't designed to be a walk in the park, Blizzard dropped the ball by overlooking the healing buff for mages and their spellsteal. For Moonkins there is no healing buff because they have no counter for it, they should have done the same for Mages tbh.I believe warlocks to be the most rewarding class for this quest simply because you must utilize your character to the full, using abilities you wouldn't usually use. This isn't a normal boss fight, you are tanking a mob above your level that can easily kill you very quickly, it should be extremely challenging. In fact I'd go as far as to say that if you are feeling a huge sense of accomplishment after defeating this boss as any other class than a warlock (and to some extent Moonkins) you did something to make it harder than it should have been.

Dota 2 is gonna take over.

The people complaining that the legendary quest obviously never did the hunter bow quest back in vanilla, that shit was rough and you had to wait almost an entire week to get it because of spawn timers and the slight possible chance that your demon would despawn for no damn reason then you had to wait almost the whole day for it to come back, UGH SHOOT ME!

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Everyone is commenting that the DotA trailer looked awesome (or crappy), but didn't anyone find a lot of it ... familiar?

"Legendary Questline Difficulty To be fair, we've heard complaints that this is too hard for X, where X = just about every class/spec. It's supposed to be extremely challenging, harkening back to the feel of the Molten Core item quests, which were also not easy. On the other hand, you have unlimited attempts and time to try to figure it out."

HAHAHAHAHAH, Who said that it was too hard? xD HAHAHAHAHAHA. Clearly you gave the staff to the wrong person if you consider this to bed hard. You don't even need Rag HC goddamn it. ROFL, this made my friggin day. I'm screenshoting this to use it as my wallpaper. Thank you, whoever stated that it was too hard.

DotA 2 1M is 1st prize only. While LoL has 5M over multiple tournaments, all prizeplacements, DotA wins by far still.

Why the news on DotA 2? Its not even a mmo, and its not even WoW. If you do some DotA 2 news, you might aswell do the news of a few thousand other games, atleast for Rift, GW2 and SWoTR

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Why the news on DotA 2? Its not even a mmo, and its not even WoW. If you do some DotA 2 news, you might aswell do the news of a few thousand other games, atleast for Rift, GW2 and SWoTR
    2011 Blizzard Global Writing Contest!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    Wow. Everyone is commenting that the DotA trailer looked awesome (or crappy), but didn't anyone find a lot of it ... familiar?
    If you are referring to the heroes, then yes, they are very similar to those found on Warcraft series. The first Dota (custom map for Warcraft 3) used mainly Warcraft 3 models, so obviously they will be very similar to what you can find in, say, WoW

Deleted
    The Nexus part isn't hard for warlocks, it's just that if you let your pet attack the boss it bugs out and you can't use the Devour and Spell Lock from it. THAT'S the problem. Once you figure that one out, you just park your pet on passive and send it on adds and the boss is easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAH, Who said that it was too hard? xD HAHAHAHAHAHA. Clearly you gave the staff to the wrong person if you consider this to bed hard. You don't even need Rag HC goddamn it. ROFL, this made my friggin day. I'm screenshoting this to use it as my wallpaper. Thank you, whoever stated that it was too hard.
    Thing is, since its bugged its kinda annoying.
    Cant dispel the heal since felhunter just stands there doing F' all so I have to resummon it with soulburn to devour dispel because casting 5 second summon isnt really working over there most of the time. Its annoying because of the bug and would be so easy without. Oh and the pet sometimes kills itself randomly. Nice.

Blizzard saying "hurr durr pve locks havent used dispel so we understand iz hard *trollface* L2P" is kinda bad answer when pets are totally bugged in the quest.

But hey at least certain classes can have offensive dispel that gives you the heal and possibly casting on the move, CCing the add and bloodlust . Its not that "hard" on difficulty - its annoying and what makes it "hard" is cos of bugged pets for warlocks which I think was the point of frustration in the thread.
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2011-08-16 at 02:52 PM.