Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Transmogrifier=tanking npc already tested ingame

How to fix dungeon q's for dps?

Get more tanks.

1. Hire more personnel for it. too expensive for markets like China and south America. Can work in US and EU region but still very expensive.
    2. let players do it. Make tanking easy enough. Recent threat changes. Vengence initial stack so fast and 66% higher threat overall.
    3. Let computers=npc's do it. Transmogrifier. Already in test and announced several hints in mmo comics. Has negative social impact for game though. EQ effect. Can do everything as solo=dying game feeling

Tanking npc !

Tanking npc's already exists in game. The group you have with you in molten front dailies can tank heal and dps. Dps can run away from ground aoe. npc's can interrupt. And tank can keep agro. This is test for upcoming tanking and other npc's ingame dungeons. Most likely Blizzard has already internally tested these npc's in heroic dungeon environment and is coding or perfecting code for boss specific abilities that npc's do need to succeed.

Transmogrifier is the npc you use to hire these npc's for dungeons. Remember from who you heard it 1st.

Näpsä-Sporeggar.
    Last edited by mmoc36264e7836; 2011-08-17 at 07:35 AM.

Why would they make tanking easier if they are just going to add a NPC to fill in the role?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

How does that make ANY sense? "Transmogrifier" suggests that something is being changed. Now you're just making shit up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having an NPC effectively leading dungeon runs would never work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure I would use the comics as a source.

Sorry but no. I can't see this ever happening. But good for you that you sound so confident! /cookie

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Why would they make tanking easier if they are just going to add a NPC to fill in the role?
    They tried if players can do it themselves. But if it doesnt help enough. They have this tanking npc already developed as backup plan.
    Easier tanking might just not be enough to make q's shorter.

Deleted
    wait wait wait wait wait WAIT!!

brb

Ok, go!

No, seriously? what? Where is this coming from?

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure any NPC tanks would be good for anything other than bosses. I mean its hard enough to coordinate

Its funny that you think WoW AI is smarter than a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    EQ dynamics made npc tanking possible. Tanks and healers do much more now a days. The tanks and healers would either be too good and everyone would use them, too bad and no one would use them or everyone would have to get a skill score instead of a gear score and the tank/healer would have to adapt to a situation so fast and with so little time that the AI would probably be confiscated from wow and given to the government. Just imagine an AI tank compensating for dumb dps that stand in frontal cone attacks. Or an AI healer having to heal someone in fire then going oom. Triage would be impossible. Alas, i'm not a programmer. I just know c++ so idk.

Deleted
    Actually I am pretty impressed how good Npc AI is working in those molten front dailies. It's not a technical limitation to add tanking npc's. This has some very negative social impact to game. But if nothing helps Blizzard has Game code already finished if needed.

I am pretty sure I could run 90% all current instances solo with those npc's as in any of other 4 party members.

Näpsä-Sporeggar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    then some humans ? maybe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Napsa View Post
    How to fix dungeon q's for dps?

Get more tanks.

1. Hire more personnel for it. too expensive for markets like China and south America. Can work in US and EU reqion but still very expensive.
    2. let players do it. Make tanking easy enough. Recent threat changes. Vengence initial stack so fast and 66% higher threat overall.
    3. Let computers=npc's do it. Transmogrifier. Already in test and announced several hints in mmo comics. Has negative social impact for game though. EQ effect. Can do everything as solo=dying game feeling

Tanking npc !

Tanking npc's already exists in game. The group you have with you in molten front dailies can tank heal and dps. Dps can run away from ground aoe. npc's can interrupt. And tank can keep agro. This is test for upcoming tanking and other npc's ingame dungeons. Most likely Blizzard has already internally tested these npc's in heroic dungeon environment and is coding or perfecting code for boss specific abilities that npc's do need to succeed.

Transmogrifier is the npc you use to hire these npc's for dungeons. Remember from who you heard it 1st.

Näpsä-Sporeggar.
    Sounds boring tbh, and I doubt it would bring players back to game.
    If you want fast queues as a dps, farm gold and pay the tanks out there, win - win

Quote Originally Posted by Azivalla View Post
    Wellllll i can point out a few that are probably in that scale. but besides that.

Its even more funny that people think tanking is really hard its not you just need to have a good understanding of a fight and your abilities.

Deleted
    NerfNow #561 comic gives you a good clue about what is happening.
    For the casual players to enjoy the pve content more, there should be an option to do the dungeons in Tankles mode ... something like diablo for example.

x/

---------- Post added 2011-08-17 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Sounds boring tbh, and I doubt it would bring players back to game.
    If you want fast queues as a dps, farm gold and pay the tanks out there, win - win
    Or just get out of your pug guild and get in a normal raiding one.

just saying..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Napsa View Post
    They tried if players can do it themselves. But if it doesnt help enough. They have this tanking npc already developed as backup plan.
    Easier tanking might just not be enough to make q's shorter.
    Great for them to show us the backup plan on facebook then. So if the backup plan won't be needed, they just won't introduce the NPC?

Your theory is filled with holes, man!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    Wellllll i can point out a few that are probably in that scale. but besides that.

Its even more funny that people think tanking is really hard its not you just need to have a good understanding of a fight and your abilities.
    I dont say tanking is too hard. But there just aren't enough tanks. Npc tanks is a way to fix lack of tanks for growing new markets. Just one way Blizzard can has already tested. I am sure Blizzard would want to avoid adding this at all cost. I am just saying it is there and tested if nothing else helps.

Näpsä-Sporeggar

10+ Year Old Account
    They already specifically said this would never happen.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.