10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    Hey everyone, here is my paladin.

I love what I have so far, except the belt doesnt really match, and the boots are just completely not matching. anyone got any advice? thanks!

Belt: http://www.wowhead.com/item=34923/wa...-of-reparation

Boots: http://www.wowhead.com/item=32243

Belt can be bought for justice points in Shattrath. Boots drop off first boss in Black Temple. He drops 2 plate boots that look like it. Those are the matching pieces for the set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Pretty simple to put together, was happy to find a shield/mace from SoO that matched the pvp set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still kicking myself for not trying to get this set back in late Cata.

Perfect color scheme imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish they'd bring all the elite pvp gear back. Keep the rating, but make it easier on people's bag space to not need to hoard so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

I'd go as far to say that that is one of the best pala sets made. Too bad I've never been much of a PvPer :/
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

It seems I was one of the few people who actively disliked that set, but then, I've been one for symmetry and such.

The random horn on the helmet kind of bugs me. I feel like either the fact the halo was broken should have been enough and they could have left it off, or they should have put a broken horn on the other side.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    The random horn on the helmet kind of bugs me. I feel like either the fact the halo was broken should have been enough and they could have left it off, or they should have put a broken horn on the other side.
    Yeah I do not enjoy this asymmetric design scene of the helmet.

Really cool set though, regardless.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Well, the horn makes a balance to the wing on the opposite side. Without it, the whole picture would "tip" over to the right, and it would be even worse to look at. Or atleast, thats how I see things after studying art for 3 years.. But anyways, this is what I love about transmog - everyone can be happy, a new tier looks like shit; transmog it!
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Well, the horn makes a balance to the wing on the opposite side. Without it, the whole picture would "tip" over to the right, and it would be even worse to look at. Or atleast, thats how I see things after studying art for 3 years.. But anyways, this is what I love about transmog - everyone can be happy, a new tier looks like shit; transmog it!
    As an artist and designer myself (oh boy, here we go) I actually see the shoulder pads counter weighing themselves with the eagle (or what have you) feathers drawing motion downwards on the armor's right hand side, with the dragon's wings carrying motion upwards on the left, offering a nice sense of balance. Especially considering the artistic detail. The helmet doesn't really add much to either for me, though it isn't terrible by any means!

Despite all of that the set reminds of the the Emperor's Guards. Really cool set, and the other version had a great color scheme as well.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2014-06-13 at 11:24 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    As an artist and designer myself (oh boy, here we go) I actually see the shoulder pads counter weighing themselves with the eagle (or what have you) feathers drawing motion downwards on the armor's right hand side, with the dragon's wings carrying motion upwards on the left, offering a nice sense of balance. Especially considering the artistic detail. The helmet doesn't really add much to either for me, though it isn't terrible by any means!

Despite all of that the set reminds of the the Emperor's Guards. Really cool set, and the other version had a great color scheme as well.
    Yeah I actually agree with you, I decided to "remove" the horn on photoshop and yeah, it looks better without it. The angle'ish wing does balance it more than enough.
    Atleast I've always thought it was an angel wing part, so you got the whole Demon Vs Angel theme of the set.

I'd go as far to say that that is one of the best pala sets made.
    I'd go as far as to say that is one of the best sets for any class, and a strong contender for the single best set period.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Yeah I actually agree with you, I decided to "remove" the horn on photoshop and yeah, it looks better without it. The angle'ish wing does balance it more than enough.
    Atleast I've always thought it was an angel wing part, so you got the whole Demon Vs Angel theme of the set.
    It's more likely that the theme of the set is "Dragon-Transformed-Into-Humanoid-To-Defend-Wyrmrest-From-Deathwing".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's more likely that the theme of the set is "Dragon-Transformed-Into-Humanoid-To-Defend-Wyrmrest-From-Deathwing".
    So where does the broken glorie and angel-ish wing part fit in in that theme? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Asymmetrical vs symmetrical shoulders has always been a hit-or-miss. We don't have that many tier or pvp sets that are asymmetrical though. The vanilla pvp ones for the Alliance, the tier 2.5, and the S11 are the only paladin ones that are like that. ( T13 shoulders for warriors are but it's not too noticeable )

It seems mostly about the weight and portion. Too much bulk on one shoulder will make it feel off. Rogue MoP CM armor is a good example of this. And hunter 14 depending on your race.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    So where does the broken glorie and angel-ish wing part fit in in that theme? :P
    I don't see it as an angel wing though, but as a dragon wing, note the fact that it looks a lot more like the wing of a dragon (or a bat) than that of an angel/bird. Same goes for the ones attached to head on the chest (which reminds me of Andariel from Diablo 2 honestly). But sure, there are some semi-angelic themes, but that's well... Paladin hah!

More than likely the inspiration for the Cataclysmic set falls into the same general mash of WH40k elements that spawned Judgement. Look into Ordo/Titan stuff and Grey Knights in particular.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    More than likely the inspiration for the Cataclysmic set falls into the same general mash of WH40k elements that spawned Judgement. Look into Ordo/Titan stuff and Grey Knights in particular.
    Judgement isn't really WH40K, as much as just regular Warhammer fantasy Empire/Inquisition units. 40K (while a lot more popular and succesful) did after all, come *after* Warhammer Fantasy, and Space Marines such as the Grey Knights of Titan are, pretty much, "just" regular Empire paladins/clerics/witch hunters in space.

I saw it as more of an angels and demons theme than a dragon theme. a balance between good and evil.

Just some random bits and pieces from lvl 60 raids and other places:
    Some hyperion plate, 3 pieces of judgement, BWL epics, blood knight tabard and The Gleaming Ravager
    (It's supposed to look mismatched and I quickly made it randoming something that might look "rad" xD)