Poll: Should Blizzard allow legendaries to be used in the transmogrification?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think you guys really need to go back and actually read what the blue says.

"This system is going to launch with fairly conservative rules, so that we can get it up and running as soon as possible and make fun improvements down the road. It’s not beyond the realm of possibility that we’ll eventually allow transmogrification to use the twill set or [insert your favorite item here], but probably not for the initial launch of the feature."

This means that legendaries will not be available at the start of the release so they can get it out quickly, but will possibly be available further down the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the idea of being able to sport my TF everywhere for my paladin but I'm also fine with just sporting it while running around cities. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    How does that stop people from getting them in future....
    It might be a push for some people to go out and finally work on getting them when all this time they couldnt really be bothered putting the effort into something they couldnt really use on a practical level.

And like i discussed with the other fine chap in this thread, domino effect, if Blizzard cave on this issue, people will start asking to remove Weapon to Weapon resrtictions.
    Who gives a damn if people go and get them in the future. this issue defies logic, so what if it's legendary, that word stopped having meaning after everyone on my server with a dk or pally had a shadowmourne. heck you could buy one for 20kg
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

It might be a push for some people to go out and finally work on getting them when all this time they couldnt really be bothered putting the effort into something they couldnt really use on a practical level.

And like i discussed with the other fine chap in this thread, domino effect, if Blizzard cave on this issue, people will start asking to remove Weapon to Weapon resrtictions.

Youre upgrading with new stats but an old skin. Which essentially wasting the money blizzard pay their art team.

Any new feature they add in is obviously to make more money, i dont think i ever denied that. I simply said people have found this game to be worth paying for without the option.
    news flash: They were more legendaries in TBC than vanilla
    They were more legendaries in Wrath than TBC.
    There are more legendaries in Cata then Wrath.

Allowing them or not won't change the fact that since they still allow you to do the quest, they will always be more as time passes. Again, this isn't an argument against allowing legendaries in this thing.

And yes, weapon restrictions are a bit overboard, why? because the game changed, and weapon changed too. There are no polearms with strength on them anymore, So, I can't even use bloodfall and not drop my dps considerably since they nerfed the crap out of agility for all strength wearers NOT to wear those polearms.
    Same with rogues, you got 2 nice epic swords from lvl 60, but realize you can't use them because there are no more fast OH swords at lvl 85 anymore. Again, this feature is to be able to RAID with your favorite gear, if you need to downgrade your dps in order to use it, it's worthless.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see being able to transmogrify (we need a way to shorten this word - seriously!) legendaries as being the same as having them constantly be upgraded like people ask all the time. If you could do it, everyone would do it.
    'mog seems to be a popular shortneing.

At the very least, allow me to transmogrify OUT of my legendary.

I personally dislike Dragonwrath, and I don't want to be STUCK with it til 90 :/
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul View Post
    Allowing them or not won't change the fact that since they still allow you to do the quest, they will always be more as time passes. Again, this isn't an argument against allowing legendaries in this thing.
    Its a counter-argument to people saying "you need to own the legendary to change it at all - so it should be allowed!".

RNG is RNG, a guildy of mine was known for completing two TF's within two weeks on seperate alts.
    Exactly my point.. You can't just go and get a legendary. You may get lucky, you may not. Since people will start farming them doesn't mean people will get them.

Its a counter-argument to people saying "you need to own the legendary to change it at all - so it should be allowed!".
    no it's your argument that you don't want people to wear their legendary because it would then means they are not so unique anymore.
    You want to stay in your illusion that Legendaries are very rare, by forcing people to put them in their bag and never speak of them again.
    but guess what, yes, many people now own one, they are already less legendary than before, sorry to burst your bubble.
    Ret was broken. If you don’t see eye to eye with us on that, then it’s understandable why the degree of change might be surprising to you
    i7 920@ 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte X58A-UD7, 6GB Ram Triple Channel OCZ @ 1900Mhz, CrossFire HD 5850 1Gb, Vertex 3 240Gb, BenQ M2700HD. G15 Keyboard

Most people won't bother anyway. I doubt that you would, at any time, see more than 5% of the population using any given legendary's model. People get bored of things, after all, and you have to factor in people that aren't interested in legendaries full-stop.

"Cave in"? Blizzard has already "caved in" on people wanting legendaries explicitly NOT to be included, which was, by the way, a minority. Weapon to weapon restrictions exist for another reason. Things along the lines of Rogues backstabbing with a mace model.

Youre upgrading with new stats but an old skin. Which essentially wasting the money blizzard pay their art team.

Any new feature they add in is obviously to make more money, i dont think i ever denied that. I simply said people have found this game to be worth paying for without the option.
    Like I said, relatively few people will actually be using legendary models at any given time. There will ALWAYS be plenty of people using the original models of new weapons - they're hardly wasting the art team's talents.

They've been losing subscribers. They need to improve the game to counter that. Never said anything about the people who still choose to play - they exist, but their numbers are going down and that's a direct result of the game's quality.
    Those who search for meaning in something will always find it - even if it's not there. Apophenia and pareidolia, gentlemen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthalis View Post
    "Cave in"? Blizzard has already "caved in" on people wanting legendaries explicitly NOT to be included, which was, by the way, a minority.
    Which was pure speculation.

Never said anything about the people who still choose to play - they exist, but their numbers are going down and that's a direct result of the game's quality.
    I would say it's exactly because of those little restrictions. it's a game, it's suppose to be fun. Going over such ridiculous details (can't backstab with a mace) is pretty much what kills the fun and make this game loosing more players. ( why not have this argument with a mage casting a spell while 2 melees are smashing him to the ground, that makes sense?)

Stop the none sense, let people have fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragingsoul View Post
    I would say it's exactly because of those little restrictions. it's a game, it's suppose to be fun. Going over such ridiculous details (can't backstab with a mace) is pretty much what kills the fun and make this game loosing more players.

People arent quitting because they cant backstab with maces, and if people quit because they cant use Legendaries with Transmogrification - they need to reassess why they play this game.

I own a TF, Sulf and Smourne. Working on Val next.

~petition signed~

I think we should be able to trans out Legendaries in. Maybe make it cost an outrageous price? I don't care.

OP, try to make this into a more official looking petition and submit it to Blizz, by mail or something. Things tend to have more impact these days if you take the time to print out and mail a hard copy.

Which was pure speculation.
    It's a likely possibility. Blizzard isn't known to "oops" like that.

That was the least important part of everything in my post, anyway.
    Those who search for meaning in something will always find it - even if it's not there. Apophenia and pareidolia, gentlemen.

What's the point of adding this feature if we can't use the best looking weapons in the game aka legendaries? I think only those that have the said legendary should be able to reskin to it. After all the whole reason blizzard is adding this to the game is to get some of the 1 million players who quit back into wow. This reskinning via like mpq files use to bannable, now it's being added to the game, cause blizzard is trying anything to get players back. Just look at diablo 3, gold selling was illegal (in wow at least), now blizzard supports it for diablo 3 at least the moment. And also RealID grouping was going to be a pay to use feature but since blizz wants to get more subs they decided to make it free.

People are going to keep getting Legendary weapons in the future regardless of what Blizzard does. Having us reskin our weapon to look like one we currently one is not going to change that or anything else. It's simply an aesthetic option. No. As I said before, if people haven't bothered to go out and get them now, they're really not going to bother in the future. Will it inspire a few? Sure. But I'm willing to bet not that many run out immediately to acquire one.

Well, when the majority (and not a vocal minority) decides something needs to be done, then perhaps it's worth looking into? However, very, very few will even bother asking for that particular weapon restriction to be removed.

People arent quitting because they cant backstab with maces, and if people quit because they cant use Legendaries with Transmogrification - they need to reassess why they play this game.
    He isn't saying that people are quitting over that. He's saying that people are quitting over things like that - multitudes of little restrictions that may suck the fun out of the game. I don't necessarily agree, but when you have lots of little things like that, yes, they do add up.

People never quit because of a single reason. They quit because of the overall state of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a likely possibility. Blizzard isn't known to "oops" like that.

That was the least important part of everything in my post, anyway.
    I was going to respond to the part about new weapons - and i agree, if people think new weapons are cool looking they'll definitely switch to them, but i imagine them switching back shortly after just like people plan to do now if this change comes through.

He isn't saying that people are quitting over that. He's saying that people are quitting over things like that - multitudes of little restrictions that may suck the fun out of the game. I don't necessarily agree, but when you have lots of little things like that, yes, they do add up.

People never quit because of a single reason. They quit because of the overall state of the game.
    I can understand things adding up and simply getting bored with the game, but i simply dont understand when theres thousands of other weapon models, how one or two weapons could be a turning point.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2011-08-19 at 05:25 AM.

I was going to respond to the part about new weapons - and i agree, if people think new weapons are cool looking they'll definitely switch to them, but i imagine them switching back shortly after just like people plan to do now if this change comes through.
    I disagree with what you're saying about people changing the model back so readily. People are bound to get bored with the legendary models like any others.

I can understand things adding up and simply getting bored with the game, but i simply dont understand when theres thousands of other weapon models, how one or two weapons could be a turning point.
    It's really the design philosophy behind it that's the issue. It's a small issue but a big slap in the face from a design perspective.