Poll: Should Blizzard allow legendaries to be used in the transmogrification?

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronyk88 View Post
    In response to the "Legendaries will be everywhere" train of thought

According to www.wow-achievements.com, out of 20,500,000 active characters scanned

… 3.3594% own Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker
    … 2.6495% own Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
    … 0.2568% own Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian or a different class variant
    … 0.9748% own Warglaive of Azzinoth and its twin
    … 1.1587% own Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury
    … 1.8424% own Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings
    … 1.7520% own Shadowmourne

So clearly not "everyone" has a legendary, in fact almost NO ONE has a legendary. Therefore not "everyone" would be wielding one. Does this change anything?
    Think about this, though - legendaries will go from something you hang out in Org wearing, to something you obtain to be able to look like you're wielding it. It's safe to assume this alone would make a larger percentage of people farm for those old legendaries.

(I'm not actually opposed to being able to display legendaries, but I think it's a valid counter-point to that section of your post.)

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    There's no incentive to go obtain them now, except for bragging rights. With the Transmogrifier there will be incentive, so I expect that if legendaries could be transmogrified those numbers would shoot up.
    You're probably right, more people would probably go out and try to obtain one of the legendaries now. But i'm not entirely sure how someone else having a legendary affects your gameplay.

I am in favor of allowing it, simply because I would like to see a shadowmourne skin more than a t2 pvp axe. It would be for personal gratification. If someone else can go out there and grab one, all the more power to them! We can go chill in SW together!

I'm also willing to bet that most people still won't get one, considering none of the legendaries are really easy to obtain. Either way, you're gonna put in a solid amount of time and effort, and I think that you should be rewarded justly for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're probably right, more people would probably go out and try to obtain one of the legendaries now. But i'm not entirely sure how someone else having a legendary affects your gameplay.

I am in favor of allowing it, simply because I would like to see a shadowmourne skin more than a t2 pvp axe. It would be for personal gratification. If someone else can go out there and grab one, all the more power to them! We can go chill in SW together!

I'm also willing to bet that most people still won't get one, considering none of the legendaries are really easy to obtain. Either way, you're gonna put in a solid amount of time and effort, and I think that you should be rewarded justly for that.
    I'm not opposed to it at all. The OP just gave me the impression that using a legendary's model would be something special, when I don't really think it would be.

Why do they have a pally in t2 with old version sulfuras in their screenshots?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by staal View Post
    Why do they have a pally in t2 with old version sulfuras in their screenshots?
    It was an ''Opps'' according to the post

Where are you getting this information from? In Blizzard's screenshot there is clearly a character holding a legendary with their old tier gear...

/warlock hat

Got my second binding for thunderfury last night.. checked mmo-champ... got really excited (I currently even use a sword, it would be perfect!)

Read no-legendary bit.. cry for a while.

A while back I made a post about legendary weapons not actually being legendary in Warcraft Lore. I argued that items like Gorehowl, Trollbane, Corrupted Ashbringer were far more epic/important to lore-nerds than some of the in game LEGENDARY weapons which had little to no lore behind them before WoW (namely Sulfuras, Thunderfury, Shadowmourne, Val'anyr).

I am now glad that some of the REAL lore-worthy weapons are of EPIC quality and not LEGENDARY status. (And yes, even EPIC weapons can have unique skins that make them very noticeable beyond the Orange color.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    Where are you getting this information from? In Blizzard's screenshot there is clearly a character holding a legendary with their old tier gear...
    You will not be able to transmogrify using a legendary item as either the source or the recipient of a change.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...65?page=25#487

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...tion-is-coming

Here ya go

Talks about how its a mistake.

On topic I don't think you should be able to use legendaries. If they are able to be used, while not many have them now, many would farm them untill they do have them. I think they're afraid of what will happen if they do. I'm against it personally because the achievement and item itself should be enough. Using it in the future is the same type of reason they don't' let legendaries scale with level.

Yeah im will Blizzard on this one. While they want people farming old content to both see it and gain a little prestige, its not like this wasn't around earlier. If i wantd to sit in a city wearing a full BC awesome looking set that I had, there was nothing stopping me.

Now however, people get to attach meaningful stats to the gear and wear it around. I have no idea specifically about the name change (whether the peice will retain its cataclysm name or take on the old one), but there is something great about encouraging people to raid old content.

I know tons of people who absolutely LOVED t5-6 sets and legitimately wished they were back. Well guess what. Now they are. This is nothing but good news and makes my leveling a dk just to solo things extremely silly now cause there are no awesome looking tier sets (pvp sets) from BC (offset peices to look like warrior t-6 abomination maybe)

Back on point however. Legendaries do drop from bosses that can be soloed and before you know it, every hunter rogue warrior and dk will have a BC orange that they grinded for. This does dilute the meaning of the drop. When you see a set of glaives now, you can see if theyre "real" in seconds just by looking at enchants. Allowing them to be "morphed" would make them crop up everywhere.

The counter is clear though, they are still 'hard' to get and theres nothing wrong with rewarding people that want that look.

Deleted
    I was really looking forward to have my rogue and dk dps in Warglaive of Azzinoth and its twin :X

Deleted
    But if you use a legendary reskin on whatever weapon you have right now, surely that tells you, it`s a legendary, you got it, big woop de doo. But anyway, if you want a weapon that isn`t as common as the lvl 60/70 legendaries get shadowmourne or Val-blahdeblah from wotlk, a lot of people won`t have those in comparison to the rest.
    Last edited by mmoc3c51486c61; 2011-08-18 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Legenadry, epic spelling right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post

Talks about how its a mistake.

On topic I don't think you should be able to use legendaries. If they are able to be used, while not many have them now, many would farm them untill they do have them. I think they're afraid of what will happen if they do. I'm against it personally because the achievement and item itself should be enough. Using it in the future is the same type of reason they don't' let legendaries scale with level.
    Respectfully, do you think that the entire feature is flawed then? My point of view is essentially "If we can constantly revive old weapon models onto new gear, how is doing the same with a legendary any different?"

Seems as if the problem would be with the feature as a whole, not necessarily the target item.

People who are voting no have no legendaries and are jealous. I just got my thunderfury today actully and I was like holy shit what good timing. Then only to see I won't be able to use it.

Recently Blizzard confirmed that Legendary items are going to be disallowed when using the upcoming Transmogrification feature (to be implemented in patch 4.3).
    Well.. that was ironic of Blizz to say - especially after posting this picture in self-promotion of Transmogrification...

...see that delicious hammer you loved back in Vanilla? Yeah... D-NIED! Muwahahahahaha!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    they are meant to be rare, very rare. What would be the point if everyone is running around with Warglaives, or Shadowmourne? No offence, but if you want it, then spend the time, and WORK for it. Everyone keeps complete about this stuff, in so many threads, its getting old.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    People who are voting no have no legendaries and are jealous. I just got my thunderfury today actully and I was like holy shit what good timing. Then only to see I won't be able to use it.
    Why would they be jealous?
    Theyre widely available, and once you obtained them you would be able to turn any similar-classed item into them. EVERYONE would then go out and get it and do the same thing.

It isnt legendary if everyone and their grandmas cat has it equipped.
    Last edited by -Ethos-; 2011-08-18 at 01:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    I own two Legendaries and i voted no. <Thunderfury and Hand of Rag>