Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    too bad they don't have any arguments too back it up.
    So that makes them being brainless fanboys argument, that more evident.

"I like PIE DERP"
    I honestly can't believe that this is a real post.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post
    now all that is left is elietest fanboys who waste time grinding to swell thier undeserved pride.
    Did you think before you posted or did you intend to go right head up your ass?

People still play because they enjoy the game and it's still fun. End. Of. Story.

You don't need ot be a fanboy to still be having fun playing WoW.
    Last edited by tacoloco; 2011-08-18 at 06:05 PM.
    I'm a crazy taco.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by k1037 View Post
    This site once had a wonderful, intelligent, friendly community. Don't ask questions here with the expectation that you're still dealing with that community. As with the game itself, this site has lost many of its best members in droves, only to be replaced by raving fanboys.

I mean, are you expecting real responses (as opposed to "lol opinion" repeated 500 different ways) from the same people who insist that losing 1 million players in the 6 months immediately following the release of a new expansion is normal? Really?
    And this comment isn't a "lol opinion"? Well...........

If you don't like the game, and don't like the community of these forums, why are you still here??

Repeating myself:

1.- Me and other like the game, period.
    2.- You and others don't, period.

Thanks to Shiri for this awesome signature!

I like cata, it got me the most interested in the game I have been since TBC, wrath was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by LordBalkoth View Post
    I wonder what happened to the memory of some posters who are satisfied with cata.

1. Cata was rushed. Remember patch 4.01? No, it was not Cata but it set the stage for Cata. 4.01 was essentially a alpha/beta test unleashed on Blizzard's customers. Remember proto drakes not flapping, dying and resurrecting with 1 health at the spirit healer, being transported to random locations, sound not matching to action, weird sounds, lockups, many game breaking bugs etc. 4.01 was a massive bug infested junk. I am honestly surprised 900k did not quit right then and there. 4.03 did fix those bugs but they should have never rushed it out of ptr onto main playing population prematurely which they did. You know Dec 7 launch date for Cata had everything to do with Christmas shopping. The lure and anticipation of Cata is what kept people I guess.

2. I won't hold overcrowing at launch against Blizzard that is to be expected. However, Cataclysm started off on the wrong foot. Remember needing to get to the dungeon to be able to queue for it in dungeon finder? Bad idea, subsequently rolled back. Remember archeology sites in Vashjir? Bad idea, rolled back. Remember inscription requiring limited quantitty reagents sold only at one vendor with a respawn time of several hours? Bad idea, rolled back.(I think leatherworking may have had a similar problem). Cataclysm presented individuals with an annoying attitude. It started treating players like newbs regardless of their experience. The idea of "harder dungeons" was a miserable failure for the simple reason that dungeons have no business being quasi raids when you are dealing with pugs. Take beauty from Blackrock caverns on heroic. Originally it had 3 dogs that had to be cced. If your random group did not have the proper amount of CCs guess what? SOL. That is bad design. Similar argument holds for shadowfang keep first boss which used to have 2 heals that had to be interrupted. Not enough interrupts in group? SOL. The poor design of dungeons subsequently led to x3 luck of the draw, although Blizzard continued its mistakes with ZA/ZG. Jindo with 3 melee is a problem. In Wrath, a random heroic gave you emblems of frost regardless of whether it was HOR heroic or Utgarde Pinnacle heroic while ZA/ZG heroic give twice the valor of other heroics. The end result is that people see the same 2 dungeons for months to get valor capped. Bad design.

3. Bad protaganist. When deathwing dies, it is not gonna be "too soon" it is gonna be "we hardly knew ye" Deathwing is a moronic villain. He torched Stormwind and the world and retreated to "an undisclosed location". As his former mate and key underlings are systematically slaughtered he is nowhere to be seen. At least with Lich King it was later revealed that he planned to get the very best "heroes" killed and raised as scourge so it did not bother him that his underlings fell. Lich King had an overarching presence in just about every quest/dungeon and zone. Deathwing does not.

4 Recycling of content/uninspiring raids. BWD is BWL/Onyxia's Lair was only a setback Chogall showed his ugly head and Al'Akir was Ala who? Firelands was a shameless recylcing of Ragnaros. So we gonna get to deathwing raid with no character development for deathwing whatsoever. This expansion should have been called, World of Warcraft : The Greatness of Thrall instead of Cataclysm. I don't see the epicness of flying on his back, he is not aeonaxx after all. As a side note, firehawks are recycled proto drakes, fire raven lord is lame and fire mount u get from molten front is not terribly original either.

To summarize, I don't see the epicness of this expansion, it is shallow in lore, with bad villain development, uninspiring raids, and bad dungeon design. Wrath had some epic raids not just epic boss encounters. Regardless of how hard Ragnaros on heroic is, Firelands as a Raid does not hold candle to ICC. If an expansion lasts shorter than wrath and I paid the same or greater money, I get screwed.

P.S Blizzard is getting desperate. Remember it has to be accountable to shareholders and in the "what have you done for me lately" people will not be pleased if WoW continues to bleed customers. Transmogrification/4.3 being the largest patch ever is a stunt to preempt SWTOR.
    No everyone does not defend Cataclysm. It's just that when you hear or see 5 people that defend it you automatically assume that everyone is defending it. Also, you should always see the current expansion with a positive attitude so that people don't start thinking like you. All in all, the people that defend it, like it. Is it really that hard to understand? Oh wait, you don't think so, so everyone else that has another opinion is wrong, wierd and stupid, right? You are probabaly just tierd of the game or simply as it seems don't like the expansion. Just stop playing and come back when you want to. There are so many threads like this and honestly most of use do not care about your opinion because you make your post look like some unexperienced written crap.

Deleted
    Thread: Why do people defend Cata?
    Why do some people (like OP) think people wouldn't "defend" what they like doing when "attacked" with silliness. I personally couldn't care less if you attack the game I play and enjoy playing.

Honestly you're just making yourself look stupid by searching for reasons to why others defend Cataclysm, when you clearly dislike it it so much. Why are you trying to force your opinion down our throats? If the game is so bad, don't play it and don't come bashing the people that do play and enjoy it. It's just silly waste of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    So that makes them being brainless fanboys, argument, that more evident.

"I like PIE DERP"
    I really don't know what to think about this post. I'm perplexed.

Thanks to Shiri for this awesome signature!

If you think Cataclysm's bad, just wait until the completely-designed-for-the-Far-East-and-China-market Pandaria expansion comes out.

"I like PIE DERP"
    "Ugh, yet another drooling Pie fanboy, Pie used to be so much better, anyone who likes Pie now is a brainless Pie fanboy, and if they disagree with me about my opinion on Pie that means they must be retarded."

Copy and paste 20 times a day on to a website about Pie.

^

As you can see, the people on your side of the argument are no better.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosonia View Post
    1. Deathwing didn't retreat to some "unknown" lair.. he is flying around killing people every day....

2. Just because Deathwing didn't show up in every 3 quest... look at the world around you? It's in ruins because of him? How much more build up do you want? Every time I enter Orgrimmar I am reminded of Deathwing's destruction.

3. Ala who? This entire expansion is based on the elemental lords. Al'akir is built up in some quests when you enter Uldum.

4. Ragnaros was never defeated, and everyone knew that even in vanilla... everyone knew that one day Rag would make a return, we were waiting for when, and firelands was the perfect time.

5. The return of Nefarian and Onyxia made sense, since we were dealing with Deathwing and Sinestra.... if you had the ability to bring your children back from the dead during a mass invasion (especially knowing these 2 children are 2 of the most destructive dragons in history), you would do the same. It sucks that we killed Onyxia like 17 times to date, but ya, it made sense in this expansion.
    When Rag died we didn't assume we'd ever fight him again. We were still under the assumption that all content would be original, and in a million years didn't think they'd recycle content like they do now.

If you went back to 2005 in a time machine and told the raiding community that every last bit of Vanilla content (minus AQ - SO FAR) would be rehashed in a single expansion in some form or another, we'd ask "Well, why would we play that, then?"

Truth is - Most of the vanilla players have quit.

"I like PIE DERP"
    There were plenty of valid arguments, you just haven't read any of them. Guess that makes you a brainless hater. Your asinine raging against the machine on said machine's fan-site just makes you look dumb. You don't like the game, great; calling people who do "brainless fanboys," just makes you look like a bitter tool, suffering from advanced withdrawal symptoms. There's a pill for that, I think; you should Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by k1037 View Post
    This site once had a wonderful, intelligent, friendly community. Don't ask questions here with the expectation that you're still dealing with that community. As with the game itself, this site has lost many of its best members in droves, only to be replaced by raving fanboys.

I mean, are you expecting real responses (as opposed to "lol opinion" repeated 500 different ways) from the same people who insist that losing 1 million players in the 6 months immediately following the release of a new expansion is normal? Really?

The belligerent people I see on this site are the people who make a topic every 5 minutes talking about how shit the game is now, and how it used to be so much better, and they're a professional on that, cause they played vanilla.

He wasn't asking a question. He was inciting discontent.

Fanboys? Christ. Aren't you cool for repeating things. I like the game. I enjoy playing it. If I don't like a feature, and there's a civil discussion, I'll voice that opinion. I'm not going to call somebody else stupid or fanboy just cause I disagree.

And same thing said 500 different ways? Like this thread?

As for our responses, I'm sorry. There are only so many different ways to say "Fuck off, and stop trying to ruin our game."

Of course it's not normal. But it's not dead either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Deleted
    OP don't know the difference between protagonist and antagonist. Also maybe because people are having fun? Stop liking things I don't is all I see in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    You do understand that is retarded right? Because someone enjoys something you don't they are a fanboy?
    And when someone doesn't enjoy WoW they are 'trolls' or 'haters'. And stiff armed off of the forums and asked 'why do you still post lulz' or 'if you dont like it just quit lulz'

Welcome to MMO-C.

Anyways, OP, people have all the right in the world to like Cataclysm. So, just let them. I can't personally say anything positive towards Cataclysm, save maybe that it has finally driven me to unsubscribe (mixed blessing I suppose) and get on with my life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by staticflare View Post
    The raid's were laughable at best, stupid boss mechanic's (Rag is ok, Doesn't hold a candle to the original IMO.)
    The new Ragnaros doesn't hold a candle to the original in terms of boss mechanics ? The original which could do an aoe-knockback, a ranged aoe-knockback, and temporarily disappear and spawn mana draining adds? Wow...

I also don't get why people think it's stupid that they're bringing back bosses. The Nefarian and Ragnaros boss fights are completely new, not like the polished lvl 80 Onyxia back in wotlk (also that fight had nothing to do with lore, it was just meant as a 5 year celebration event)

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    WoW gains a lot of subscribers also. People keep bringing up that WoW lost 900k. There's always always big drops and gains depending on the time of year. Blizzard isn't desperate by any stretch of the imagination. I don't know the numbers, but I'm sure 200-300k up or down a month is normal. Even if that 900k really was people deleting their toons and quitting forever. WoW can lose more subscribers than most MMOs even have total, and still have 11 million active players. Don't fool yourselves into thinking that they're running around panicking over at Blizzard. They have enough fans that simply enjoy the game experience that they can do what they want. Forum users are a tiny percentage of the game's users (and the most passionate). There aren't as many people bored and picking apart every detail as you seem to think. Most players hop on the game a few hours a day and have fun. It's a game. As long as I'm having fun, I'm happy. If it's not fun, I'm not playing. I don't like Operation Flashpoint games. I'm not playing it for 5 hours a day talking about how shitty it is either.

Next time you're in game doing whatever you like most (pvp, making gold, raiding, ect), stop and step away from the screen. Look at it as a whole and think "Am I having fun? Is this making me happy?" If not, let your game time expire and take a few months off. If you think anything along the lines of "No, but i'll fall behind if I take a break." or "But i'm close to ____". Then you're addicted. The last option is that you ARE enjoying yourself, which means all you're doing is complaining for no reason. Calm down and just enjoy the damn game.
    I'm so out of this world, I make telescopes squint.
    -=702 Gamer=-

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    When Rag died we didn't assume we'd ever fight him again. We were still under the assumption that all content would be original, and in a million years didn't think they'd recycle content like they do now.

If you went back to 2005 in a time machine and told the raiding community that every last bit of Vanilla content (minus AQ - SO FAR) would be rehashed in a single expansion in some form or another, we'd ask "Well, why would we play that, then?"

Truth is - Most of the vanilla players have quit.
    \

Go back to kindergarten when they taught you about recycling so you can actually see how it works, and stop just throwing the word around cause you think it makes you look cool.
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

10+ Year Old Account
    "People disagree with me.....HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?"

You're own failings with the lore, and desire for everything to be handed to you are your own personal opinions and not something that everyone shares. Get over it. In MY opinion, there are some great aspects fo cata that harken back to classic, the difficulty level of some places included. That doesn't means there aren't some issues. Heck, I'm even willing to concede there are alot. But overall I'm having a blast this expansion.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    I can't personally say anything positive towards Cataclysm, save maybe that it has finally driven me to unsubscribe (mixed blessing I suppose) and get on with my life.
    Lie. Just plain lie. You're still here.

IN THIS THREAD:

People's opinions of the OP's opinion and how is OPINION is wrong.

People sure love to be hypocrites.

Also WoW Fanboys.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.