Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    \

Go back to kindergarten when they taught you about recycling so you can actually see how it works, and stop just throwing the word around cause you think it makes you look cool.
    Recycling - To reuse.

But I understand you're probably just busy taking a break from complaining about T11 Shoulders/Helm not being purchased with justice, so you may be a bit out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    When Rag died we didn't assume we'd ever fight him again. We were still under the assumption that all content would be original, and in a million years didn't think they'd recycle content like they do now.

If you went back to 2005 in a time machine and told the raiding community that every last bit of Vanilla content (minus AQ - SO FAR) would be rehashed in a single expansion in some form or another, we'd ask "Well, why would we play that, then?"

Truth is - Most of the vanilla players have quit.
    The only thing that is "rehashed" about the raiding content is 3 bosses names. 3.

How in the name of Christ is that all rehashed content? Tell me, and I swear by my (insert something here; Couldn't think of anything) that I will shut the fuck up, and never post on any but the RP and warrior forums ever again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The belligerent people I see on this site are the people who make a topic every 5 minutes talking about how shit the game is now, and how it used to be so much better, and they're a professional on that, cause they played vanilla.
    Hey Now! Don't paint the whiners as disaffected veterans. I'm a so-called veteran player and I'm not whining.

--

As far as the question OP asked, I don't need to defend Cata. All I really need to do is decide whether I'm having fun and whether I'm getting $15 a month worth of fun. Since 2005, the answer has been yes. When the answer turns to no, I'll stop playing and more importantly stop paying.
    I'm a crazy taco.

A few zones that should have been available from the start were tacked on with Cataclysm.

Especially Uldum, Gilneas, and Hyjal. Also, Uldum was supposed to be a dungeon.

They managed to turn it into Egypt Land.

It's just not cool design.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

Because not everyone shares your opinion. I love cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    Yes it is. In fact, the next expansion is going to be called "Mists of Metzen" and is just going to be various mobs with his face stuck on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    The only thing that is "rehashed" about the raiding content is 3 bosses names. 3.

How in the name of Christ is that all rehashed content? Tell me, and I swear by my (insert something here; Couldn't think of anything) that I will shut the fuck up, and never post on any but the RP and warrior forums ever again.
    Besides bringing back Nef/Ony and Rag, Look at most of the boss models this expansion.

/thread

I'm not sure why people think that just because THEY are enjoying the game, that means it hasn't lost 900,000 subscribers and that means it was an amazingly designed expansion.

The bare bones of the fact is : This expansion was subpar. It was rushed. It was not well designed. And most importantly, aspects of an UPDATE became an ENTIRE expansion - you know, the shattering?

There are plenty of reasons for you to enjoy things. But that doesn't mean a sinking ship has no hole in it.
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

Recycling - To reuse.

But I understand you're probably just busy taking a break from complaining about T11 Shoulders/Helm not being purchased with justice, so you may be a bit out of it.
    Nice assumption bro!

Cept that I think that's a stupid idea altogether.

Don't assume just cause i enjoy the current content I want it easy.

SO! now that you've done your homework:

Did they re-use models? noo...

Did they re-use anything but end bosses? nooo....

Did they re-use the mechanics on those bosses? nnooooo.....

Did they re-use zones? nnnnnoooooo.....

Oh... Shit... Guess it's just name and theme then... HOW DARE YOU YOU RECYCLING BASTARDS!

<remix>

I recycled this car!

Oh really? Cool man! Did you use the engine?

No...

Did you use the frame? Suspension? Interior?

Noo.....

Shell?

Nnnnoooooo.....

Well?

It's got the badges off of the old car on it...

... You are so environmentally friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Nice assumption bro!

Cept that I think that's a stupid idea altogether.

Don't assume just cause i enjoy the current content I want it easy.

SO! now that you've done your homework:

Did they re-use models? noo...

Did they re-use anything but end bosses? nooo....

Did they re-use the mechanics on those bosses? nnooooo.....

Did they re-use zones? nnnnnoooooo.....

Oh... Shit... Guess it's just name and theme then... HOW DARE YOU YOU RECYCLING BASTARDS!

<remix>

I recycled this car!

Oh really? Cool man! Did you use the engine?

No...

Did you use the frame? Suspension? Interior?

Noo.....

Shell?

Nnnnoooooo.....

Well?

It's got the badges off of the old car on it...

... You are so environmentally friendly.
    An easy game doesn't have to be a shitty game.
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Recycling - To reuse.
    The problem is that too many people are applying the term in too loose a fashion. To whit: there are a lot of people who complain that practically anything that was once used and is now used again has been "recycled" or "rehashed", when the actual details say something different. For example, SFK & ZG use the same dungeon layout as the originals, but both are entirely new as far as bosses are concerned. And yet people will claim this is "rehashed" content. Yes, some things have been rehashed, most notably ZA, which is pretty much the same as the old level 70 raid. But most of what people call rehashed, isn't.
    I'm a crazy taco.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing since this thread has gone to shit.

Also, I like Cata. Why? Because I'm having fun playing it. I don't like SC, or really Diablo, or even WC in general, but apparently everyone who is having fun in a game is a rabid fanboy because *you* personally don't like it.

Pretty immature reaction.