Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because some of us like playing the game, and have no interest in acting like we deserve perfection in an inherently flawed system.

Because fanboys are fanboys. It bothers them to their core that anybody might actually enjoy the game in its current state less than they do, as if it devalues their connection to the game and their loyalty to Blizzard. It is what it is. Some people realize it's possible for a game to have faults, others don't.
    And it also bothers the people "fighting the man" that people don't care as much as they do about their life defining video game. Everything in life has faults, and expecting perfection and crying foul when it's not perfect, is your own problem.

A lot of people also don't care about (at least, not nearly as much to bitch and moan about it like a child) the faults and just want to play the game they enjoy playing. If you want to spin that around in a negative light by using phrases like "fanboys", by all means, but realize you're the one being the asinine fool, not them.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

Quote Originally Posted by Shinen View Post
    Because I can't like the expansion without being a fanboy or disliking some things. I see your logic there. Thanks for sharing.
    Didn't say or even begin to imply that, but OK

I love how during WotLK there were dozens of posts just like this one, except you replaced Wrath with Cata, then there were other posts saying that exactly that would happen, everyone would hate on Cata and praise Wrath. I think there are psychics on this forum...
    Yep. Players mad at us is a superior situation to players being mad at each other. -GC

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    Because people refuse to let their 8 year old game die.

When the only reason most people are playing is because "I play for my friends", you know the game has gone to shit.
    I started in TOC of WotLK. I enjoy cata. Cata was done right. Do I win?

10+ Year Old Account
    So when it comes to 5 man content, you're of the opinion that the Wotlk model was fine?

Some of the negative opinions here did not address any of my points just told me it was my opinion. Yes it IS my opinion and it IS a forum so it is a proper venue to lay out my OPINIONS in a reasonable fashion. By the way, you are completely wrong to assume it is only MY opinion. Cata lost 900k subscriptions and I am sure a good chunk of those left because they did not like Cata(Reason I am saying is because inevitably some people will claim burnout not dissatisfaction with cata).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I saw this and was like "really?"

Everyone's got their own opinion. The last thing I'd want to hear is 11 million people all agreeing. You disliked it. Others liked it. i fail to see the need for eitehr side to convince the other that their wrong. You guys should argue about something more constructive. Why not team together and convince me why I shouldn't defend trains.

/train

Quote Originally Posted by LordBalkoth View Post
    Some of the negative opinions here did not address any of my points just told me it was my opinion. Yes it IS my opinion and it IS a forum so it is a proper venue to lay out my OPINIONS in a reasonable fashion. By the way, you are completely wrong to assume it is only MY opinion. Cata lost 900k subscriptions and I am sure a good chunk of those left because they did not like Cata(Reason I am saying is because inevitably some people will claim burnout not dissatisfaction with cata).
    Wow, 900k.

11 million people say otherwise.

"defend" cataclysm? That makes no sense.

I like the expansion, although it seems it will be extremely short. I wish it would be quite a bit longer. Other than that, I still think cata is so far the 2nd best period for wow, with TBC being first, then cataclysm, then vanilla, and WotLK being DEAD LAST (pun intended) since the only fun thing was ulduar.

I like Cata, and I personally think the Transmogrifier will make it far and away the best expansion (what can I say, I like things to be aesthetically pleasing). Whatever the case, you have your opinion OP, and I have mine; your dislike of mine only indicates an insecurity of your own. I'll presume given that this expansion is so bad that you've "cancelled your sub"? I thought not, just like 99% of the others who whine about this expansion yet play it each and every day.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2011-08-18 at 02:30 PM. Reason: AH CANNAE SPELL GUD

Bang Bang - Aww there goes WoW behind a tree. Look fellaz he's bleeding people! Aw they were all faithful money-bags. Bang - Noez there go more from him!!! Some1 save him!

A lone rider comes and shows his face. It's the Developer!
    Developer uses <Cosmetic changer> <3 new dungeons> <1 new raid> <more bank space>

TO BE CONTINUED!

P.S.: Those points are pretty much spot on. I dare say you even missed a few like the linear questing design and reduced leveling time. Don't rage people I'm sure you all complained about something in your life. Lets get of those high heels and look around, we're all people, some like candy more than others, but we all agree on one thing: QUALITY! This expansion lacks that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Oh look, this thread again.

I'm having fun this expansion, personally.
    same here! i only stopped playing for about a month this xpac and it was to play rift... idk how many times i got pissed in wotlk and quit

yeah, well... you know, that's just like your opinion man.

Newsflash:
    Different people have different opinions on the same case.

Heres a refreshing suggesiton to you and others like you:

If youre not enjoying the expansion, quit, but stop fucking posting these same threads over and over and over...

Cata was not nearly as good as wotlk, but it was still good.
    I defend it because I don't think any of your so called "arguments" are a valid reason to make all of cata bad.
    Only thing I dislike is how pvp worked outm but I've just decided to avoid it. Nothing big as private servers are still around for that : )

Deleted
    I spoke with a guy Yesterday who told me he had played wow for 12 years. LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    People defend Cata because people have different opinions. A crazy thought, I know!

The only bug I experienced in 4.01 was the Protodrake wings not flapping, and I loved that. And I don't think Cata was rushed, they had been developing it for years, and I didn't experience any bugs, and things felt pretty clean.

As for the things they rolled back, I loved all of it, except Vash'jr dig sites. Call me crazy, but I enjoy putting a little time and effort into my toon, and I didn't mind having to spend five minutes to fly to a dungeon to be able to access it.

I loved the Original incarnation of heroics, because I couldn't just sit there and watch youtube while I tanked. By now they would be face roll without the changes they made, but people still have trouble with anything that isn't mashing buttons and seeing big numbers.
    the ZA/ZG grind you are totally right about though. I use to love both of those raid areas, and now I can't stand the sight of them.

Uninspired raids... While I dislike recycling bosses, they all fit quite well together. Deathwing gets back and see's that we've killed his son, a Dragon who did a lot of experimenting and such that created some very powerful creatures, and brings him back, as he would probably be incredibly helpful. Cho'gall and the Twilight derps fit pretty well, since they're Deathwings lackeys. Al'akir fit in the over all idea of Cata, he just didn't have much story. We never killed Rag, so they aren't really recycling him, just finishing his story.

You really don't see the epicness of probably 25 people riding Deathwing to take him down? Deathwing is HUGE! It's not like one person is going to be riding a drake. I imagine the fight is going to be very cool, about 20% cooler then any fight we've seen, especially on heroic.

To summarize: Cata wasn't horrible in terms of lore, just a lot of things got executed badly. All the nerfs to dungeons and raids should never have happened. The lore fit well with the theme, and while we haven't got much of Deathwing, he's a huge villain in the history of Azeroth, much bigger then nearly any we've seen yet, the only one I'd put higher then him is old gods. It will certainly be a fond farewell for me when he dies.

Oh, and ICC was horrible. Firelands destroys it in every aspect except Professor Putricide.

what makes a game fun is rarely the game itself but the mindset the player experiencing it is into.

stop waiting for someone else other than you to make you happy. decide it for yourself.

----

online gaming is the last place where we should see pplz playing the "victim". its the last place where you are forced to do anything you dont like. and yet, these victims are everywhere. you reaaaalllyy have to be looking for tyranny to find it in the gaming industry...

it just... i'm just...
    Last edited by Morggane; 2011-08-18 at 02:25 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    Why did people defend Wrath of the Casuals? Oh, I see...

You are obviously a bad player and want everything easy. Go and play Super Mario or something like that.
    This guy has obviously never played Super Marioland 1 on the GB.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

All i see here is a big wall of QQ. Not gonna lie. If you don't like Cataclysm, don't play it. Simple as. Don't go QQing about it on forums about how it isnt Wotlk. Just give up and go do something productive.
    http://darkened.wowstead.com/ <Darkened> Burning Steppes EU Currently Recruiting for Firelands.
    Part Time DK