Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Screw Transmogrification and Deathwing... what's up with Darkmoon isle!?!

Hehe, all the other stuff sounds great... but the one that's got me REALLY interested is Darkmoon island!

We already know of a "Whack a Gnome" game... but what else could they feature?

Being their own separate island, perhaps they're going to take advantage of its location. Something for fishing? Something using the cannon to fire yourself through a maze of hoops perhaps?

Also, for those who went "insane" will there be rewards immediately at exalted when you get there!?

Endless possibilities! ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully, you'll be able to redeem Darkmoon Decks at any time now, rather than just one week out of the month.

That limiting factor is always frustrating >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alcaz Island?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am aghast, horrified and insulted at this overt discrimination against Gnomes by Blizzard!
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

I think it will be on
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Island_of_Doctor_Lapidis
    or
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Gillijim's_Isle

---------- Post added 2011-08-17 at 08:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Alcaz Island?
    Yes, it can be

Deleted
    wii sports resort wow edition.

i agree. they really dropped the ball on the transmogrifier. had people hyped up it would be something useful, when instead its just gonna be a waste. sure, Some people will like it for what it is (including me) but before you call an npc something, at least look up what that word means, so you dont get people's hopes up that we're getting an NPC Disenchanter/ Mat maker, then pull the bait and switch with "oh look, you can wear old gear again. Rock on!"
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

I've been waiting for someone to talk about Darkmoon Isle, instead of complaining about Cata being too short or clones running around, etc.

Darkmoon Isle sounds like something that could potentially be interesting and fun, if done correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    i agree. they really dropped the ball on the transmogrifier. had people hyped up it would be something useful, when instead its just gonna be a waste. sure, Some people will like it for what it is (including me) but before you call an npc something, at least look up what that word means, so you dont get people's hopes up that we're getting an NPC Disenchanter/ Mat maker, then pull the bait and switch with "oh look, you can wear old gear again. Rock on!"
    Absolutley nothing to do with the topic of Darkmoon Isle. I'm glad you decided to take the QQ from hundreds of other threads and bring it to one that's not related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what you think you're talking about. 98% of the speculation was that it'd be an Appearance Tab, not some silly mass-DE mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Absolutley nothing to do with the topic of Darkmoon Isle. I'm glad you decided to take the QQ from hundreds of other threads and bring it to one that's not related.
    Don't mind him, it's just spillover QQ.

I wonder if Blizzard watched this video and thought it was a good idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY6xf...456&feature=iv
    Towards the end of this video by WoWCrendor, he specifically talks about making the events better and specifically cites the Darkmoon Faire.

Pin the Tail on the Tauren / Worgen?

Bowling / skii ball!

Added Press Conference Video and fixed "Whack-a-Gnome" ... Apparently, that's "Whack-a-Gnoll" .... Too bad. The guy who gave me that info will be quickly fired!
    It's from front page. So there was info about it and Boub deleted?
    Is he joking?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    First - it was pretty obvious what both the void storage and transmogrifier were going to be. Yes, there were exotic ideas.
    Second - both features have been desired and requested for a long time
    Third - speculation was exactly what Blizzard wanted when it gave us a sneak peek
    Fourth - an NPC Disenchanter is never going to occur; why should it?

As for the Darkmoon Isle - we'd have to see. What they could do is just remove the fair and create a neutral "fairground" zone.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Hehe, all the other stuff sounds great... but the one that's got me REALLY interested is Darkmoon island!

We already know of a "Whack a Gnome" game... but what else could they feature?

Being their own separate island, perhaps they're going to take advantage of its location. Something for fishing? Something using the cannon to fire yourself through a maze of hoops perhaps?

Also, for those who went "insane" will there be rewards immediately at exalted when you get there!?

Endless possibilities! ^_^
    Whack-a-Gnoll.

Gnolls.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I wonder if Blizzard watched this video and thought it was a good idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY6xf...456&feature=iv
    Towards the end of this video by WoWCrendor, he specifically talks about making the events better and specifically cites the Darkmoon Faire.
    Well they HAVE been rather negligent of the holidays for the past year or so, and they said big things were coming for Hallow's End this year, so maybe they're getting back in the groove of updating world events?
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

Probably just gonna be more dailies that will get boring after a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    I am aghast, horrified and insulted at this overt discrimination against Gnomes by Blizzard!
    Its Whack-a-Gnoll, not Whack-a-Gnome...save your mad letters, small one

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really hope they bring a few mini-games to waste gold on. Though from past experience, im not getting my hopes up, and letting my imagination run away with the possibilities of this new island. I would be all for a Magic the Gathering Warcraft style type in game added.
    "My sword? [Heck] yeah I know how to use it. What's to understand about swish-swish-stab? It's a [freak'n] sword dude, it's not a fighter jet." -Tucker "This One Goes to Eleven

Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    Probably just gonna be more dailies that will get boring after a week.
    You know if thats the case there is one simple solution you can do.... DONT do them! Complaining all the time is more boring then a weeks round of the same dailies.