Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    1235 for a 5x steady 2x arcane between chimera shot cooldown.
    Tho any haste over this "soft cap" will still increase your dps so just follow the Crit>haste>mastery stat weight, or if you want and like you can go Crit>mastery>haste. the dps difference is acctualy quite small.

And i dont think you have serched that much because in THIS thread/guide you just posted in the information is already stated

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    There seems to be a lot of confusion about haste plateaus and where your haste should be at. Hopefully this clears some of that confusion up.

The Plateau refers to the point where you can fit an extra Shot into your rotation, for instance: 4 Steady Shots, 2 Arcane Shots and 1 Chimera Shot in 10 seconds (or 9 seconds with the glyph), can, at a later plateau, be 4 Steady Shots, 3 Arcane Shots and 1 Chimera Shot in 10 seconds (or 9 seconds with the glyph).

The current recommendation is that you reach 12.93% haste through gear and pathing alone. Note: This is without 4cp T11. This means a 1235 Haste rating from gear with 3/3 Pathing in Survival. Then you also have to account for your latency, if you have 300ms, that's 0.3 seconds lost, meaning you need another 3% haste to account for your latency, or 3.3% if you use the Chimera Shot glyph.
    For more depth about this, visist this link.

The 1235 haste plateau is however, without the Chimera glyph. This means that with 1235 haste rating, 3/3 Pathing, and 10% haste from Windfury/Icy Talons, your steady shots will be at 1.4 sec cast time. This means, you can do 5 Steady Shots, 2 Arcane Shots, 1 Chimera Shot in 10 seconds
    Last edited by mmoc2b9514a7e1; 2011-10-13 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    1235 for a 5x steady 2x arcane between chimera shot cooldown.
    Tho any haste over this "soft cap" will still increase your dps so just follow the Crit>haste>mastery stat weight, or if you want and like you can go Crit>mastery>haste. the dps difference is acctualy quite small.

And i dont think you have serched that much because in THIS thread/guide you just posted in the information is already stated
    Yeah i didnt, i was sleepy :P

Anyways, 1235 Haste WITHOUT the T11 4P right? Should i reforge my 1500'ish Haste down then? Or is it ok?

Deleted
    How much DPS different are between Normal Phase and Kill Shot Phase??

I have a question for you;
    Are all the gear enchants listed considered the best?
    If so I disagree, as I do not see any of the profession buffs listed.
    You might add in a profession buff section for gear.
    My Armory - Tenzi

Quote Originally Posted by bobn9lvu View Post
    I have a question for you;
    Are all the gear enchants listed considered the best?
    If so I disagree, as I do not see any of the profession buffs listed.
    You might add in a profession buff section for gear.
    Everyone has different professions, and theres no "one" profession that is better than the rest that gives you gear enchants (like tailoring/inscriptioning does - I know JC gives 1 more agil than the others, but no enchants). Therefore, including profession enchants in the chart is probably silly. If you have a profession that gives you a better buff than the one aviable normally, go ahead and use it, obviously - but just because its better does not mean that it should make the list for "recommended enchants" here, because its not something aviable for everyone.
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-11-10 at 05:50 PM.

How much haste do i need to be able to do 5 steadies 2 arcane shots with the chimera shot glyph? Ive been reading around 1935 but it seemed kinda iffy...

Quote Originally Posted by Agilent View Post
    How much haste do i need to be able to do 5 steadies 2 arcane shots with the chimera shot glyph? Ive been reading around 1935 but it seemed kinda iffy...
    8 second between each chim shot.
    2 arcanes is 2 sec.
    Leaves 6 seconds for 5 steadies, meaning 1.2 sec cast time. Not sure what haste rating that is, but it's impossible in current gear without procs/other haste effects.

Deleted
    2.0 / (1.1 * 1.03 * 1.15 * (1 + ((3600/128.057)/100))

Put that in to google, what that says is that you need 3.6k haste for 1.98 steady shot, GL getting that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be better to just do a 4ss2as1cs cycle with the glyph, though you could get focus starved, havent really tried it.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question regarding the MM "Cookie cutter" spec.

I wonder why it only has 1/2 in Termination? Doesn't the extra focus come in handy when your target is low?

I'm currently leveling a MM hunter, so I'm not the hunter expert. Just wondered.

Thanks for the reply.
    Warlock (SL main)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    I have a question regarding the MM "Cookie cutter" spec.

I wonder why it only has 1/2 in Termination? Doesn't the extra focus come in handy when your target is low?

I'm currently leveling a MM hunter, so I'm not the hunter expert. Just wondered.

Thanks for the reply.
    In the "Termination phase" of your cycle you basically replace 1 Steady Shot with 1 Arcane Shot due to the extra focus. However, once you reach the kill shot phase, this Steady Shot is being used for Kill Shot, which costs no focus. If you had 2/2 Termination you'd easily get focus capped, specially with the 4cp t12 bonus proccing.

You can of course drop the 1/2 point in Rapid Killing and put it Termination, as Rapid Killing is purely for AoE encounters.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah right, ofcourse. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    You can of course drop the 1/2 point in Rapid Killing and put it Termination, as Rapid Killing is purely for AoE encounters.
    Yeah, I don't wanna do that. I kinda like how those talents complement each other.
    Warlock (SL main)

my question is how to put points in for my pet on the bm form it shows us how to put the points thats the biggest question i have great guide thx a bunch

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be worth adding the 1.8s Aimed Shot recommendation for 378+ ilvl that Whitefyst has posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have some questions regarding AOEing as MM too.

1. Do you keep Improved Steady Shot up during Multishot spam?
    2. Is it an improvement to use fire / snake traps? If so, what trap would be best to use?

Thanks.
    Warlock (SL main)

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Everyone has different professions, and theres no "one" profession that is better than the rest that gives you gear enchants (like tailoring/inscriptioning does - I know JC gives 1 more agil than the others, but no enchants). Therefore, including profession enchants in the chart is extremely stupid. If you have a profession that gives you a better buff than the one aviable normally, go ahead and use it, obviously - but just because its better does not mean that it should make the list for "recommended enchants" here, because its not something aviable for everyone.
    Maybe I should of worded it as "Are all the gear enchants listed, the ones that are available?" instead of the best.
    My reasoning for the question, is to show new hunters the options out there which could guide them towards their profession(s) choice(s),
    which would make their path to lvl 85 that much easier.
    My Armory - Tenzi

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda surprised the guide completely ignores the use of aimed shot as focus dump rather then arcane shot. Even if you're on 12.93% haste, aimed shot is a DPS increase over arcane shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Asaki View Post
    I'm kinda surprised the guide completely ignores the use of aimed shot as focus dump rather then arcane shot. Even if you're on 12.93% haste, aimed shot is a DPS increase over arcane shot.
    My question to that then (Just recently got back to the game) is does that put haste over crit in stat weights?

Quote Originally Posted by Stalemate View Post
    My question to that then (Just recently got back to the game) is does that put haste over crit in stat weights?
    No - the common stat prio is Agil>Hit>Crit>Haste>Mastery currently. Some people also chose to stop stacking haste in favor of mastery after getting their steady shot to 1.4 sec cast time (1235), but that is really up to the player.

10+ Year Old Account
    After some checking at logs, it seems that in you only tend to use your normal rotation for 25-40% of the fight, the rest of the fight you have haste effects.

Which obviously means, haste plateaus aren't such a big deal. I'll probably update the guide in 4.3 to reflect upon this more.
    Hi