Thank you MMO-C!

I was looking to building a new PC after about 3 years since my last build and this community helped A LOT! I've come to find that many people in this community are both knowledgeable and more than willing to offer their 2 cents (even when not asked for lol). Your opinions helped me a lot in choosing the parts for my build and actual troubleshooting as well so once again thank you all.

Now for my build. I created a CPU-Z link in my signature if you care to look but this PC has run damn near every game I have. Crysis, Burnout Paradise, Borderlands, WoW (obviously), and Brink. It's ran these games very well and actually better than expected.

Grats.
    Glad we could help xD
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Docphil View Post
    I was looking to building a new PC after about 3 years since my last build and this community helped A LOT! I've come to find that many people in this community are both knowledgeable and more than willing to offer their 2 cents (even when not asked for lol). Your opinions helped me a lot in choosing the parts for my build and actual troubleshooting as well so once again thank you all.

Now for my build. I created a CPU-Z link in my signature if you care to look but this PC has run damn near every game I have. Crysis, Burnout Paradise, Borderlands, WoW (obviously), and Brink. It's ran these games very well and actually better than expected.
    your CPU-Z is showing your i5 when it's throttled down :-p

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    your CPU-Z is showing your i5 when it's throttled down :-p
    Really? For me its not...that's odd

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do the CPU-Z when the CPU is under pressure. It throttles down to 1.6GHz when the CPU is not under enough load where it feels it needs the extra computing power. If you validate when it is under load, it shows those who don't know anything about CPUs (especially in this case), that your CPU is actually good. Someone who knows nothing about the i5-2500K and is looking in these computer forums for the first time, will probably at least know that the GHz on your CPU matters, and will think, OMG!! His computer must be OLDDDD!!!! Only 1.6GHz?! ROFL mine does 2.0GHz!!! XD

That's why we all suggest doing it under load, we know you probably have it clocked at 3.3GHz or more, but the noobies won't know. ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water