10+ Year Old Account

New built - Feedback appreciated.

Hey there.

I´m planning on building my new Pc on friday and I want to be sure everything works together as it should so I would love to get some feedback from you guys.

Case - Corsair Graphite 600T
    Cpu - i5 2500k
    MB - Gigabyte p67A-UD4-B3 <--- (was going for Asus p8p67 pro but after some review reading from ppl that owned it, I decided on this one instead)
    GP - MSI Geforce N580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    PSU - 850W Corsair HX850 <---- for future upgrades
    DDR - G.skill 8GB (2x4gb) ripjaw 1600
    HDD - WD Caviar black 1TB
    SSD - Crucial M4 128 GB <---(was going to get Corsair force 3 but after reading some really bad reviews from users on newegg I´m gonna go with this one)
    Cpu cooler - Cooler master hyper 212 Plus
    DvD drive - SonyNec 24x DvD+Rw

I´m gonna be using the machine for gaming and pretty much gaming only.
    The games I will be playing are Battlefield 3, Dead Island, just pretty much any future games.
    If there is anything I should change or get something else I would love the feedback on it.

Thanks in advance.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    If future upgrades include a 2nd 580, then stick with the 850W PSU. If they however include a new GPU down the line (say, next generation card to replace the 580), or a few more HDDs, SSDs or optical drives, go with a good 600W PSU - it will give you enough headroom for upgrades. The rig you are planning to build pulls around 450W at absolute max load.
    Save some money by going with a Samsung Spinpoint F3. It actually performs better in day-to-day work compared to the WD:Blacks (the WD:Blacks having better response time).
    For better cooling, up the Hyper to a NH-D14. The Hyper 212+ is fine for your average OC though.

Edit: And nice case choice, I really like the Corsair Graphite 600T. You can opt for a case with a bit better cooling though I guess, but that would sacrifice the looks.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2011-08-31 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    If future upgrades include a 2nd 580, then stick with the 850W PSU. If they however include a new GPU down the line (say, next generation card to replace the 580), or a few more HDDs, SSDs or optical drives, go with a good 600W PSU - it will give you enough headroom for upgrades. The rig you are planning to build pulls around 450W at absolute max load.
    Save some money by going with a Samsung Spinpoint F3. It actually performs better in day-to-day work compared to the WD:Blacks (the WD:Blacks having better response time).
    For better cooling, up the Hyper to a NH-D14. The Hyper 212+ is fine for your average OC though.

Edit: And nice case choice, I really like the Corsair Graphite 600T. You can opt for a case with a bit better cooling though I guess, but that would sacrifice the looks.
    Yeah, With the 850W I was thinking of getting another 580 some other time.
    I was looking for the samsung spinpoint but could not find it in any shop in the city I live in (Reykjavík, Iceland) so I just choose the WD one.
    Thanks for the advice.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have personally been recommending the following -

Get vengeance low profile ram, and either the D14 as suggest by Marest, or the Corsair A70. It performs better than the 212 and is currently on sale at newegg for the same price as the 212.

Also, just to chirp back the PSU situation, I agree 100% with Marest.