Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Instance episode 207/208.
    They went to New York and found some new voice actors for Cataclysm.
    Last edited by Idoru; 2011-09-01 at 09:55 AM.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Must have been off the live cam. (I watched it last year) Still awaiting on that source though, it would be really great to know if he acts it or not.
    Strangely enough it's not mentioned on imdb

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1773838/fullcredits#cast
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

In fact, Metzen also voices the female characters.

Most of the voices in cata that he is voicing are the well known ones from Pre-BC (Rag, Thrall, Neferian etc), a voice change for those characters would not make sense, not to mention may have gone horribly wrong.

I am trying to understand why you all hate this one particular reindeer so much. Bunch of Rudolph fanbois.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

10+ Year Old Account
    It is rather funny when it is thrall+ varian or thrall+ rag talking to each other :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    They said they hired pro voice actors. While Metzen might like his own voice, it's still not THAT many voices he do.
    This. People just want a reason to gripe at something. Probably having played the game to long.

---------- Post added 2011-09-01 at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    It is rather funny when it is thrall+ varian or thrall+ rag talking to each other :S
    Believe it or not, a lot of companies get voice actors to do multiple roles in films, cartoons and features, and sometimes they overlap, its not beyond there ability to do so.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Deathwing#Trivia

Read the last one of the trivia.

It was at first assumed that Deathwing was voiced by Chris Metzen. It was however confirmed to not be the case by a Blizzard Employee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chry View Post
    Must have been off the live cam. (I watched it last year) Still awaiting on that source though, it would be really great to know if he acts it or not.
    Why do you need so much proof when it doesn't even ''sound'' like Metzen? He isn't exactly hard to recognise.

Tbh I think Metzen does a pretty good job at the characters he does voice. He's no Cam Clarke, but hell, nobody is.
    Last edited by mmoc52fe769775; 2011-09-01 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't Metzen also do Garrosh also?

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL! One of the main reasons you left an in-depth game like WoW, is cause of the voice-overs.. Seriously?! It never occurred to you to turn off your speakers? Or maybe here's one.. STOP YOUR WHINING?! I've heard some pretty shitty reasons to stop playing, but you sir take the fucking cake.. And then you throw against the wall 'cause eggs were used to make it, citing all the other things that are made with eggs.. Ridiculous.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I've heard some pretty shitty reasons to stop playing, but you sir take the fucking cake.. And then you throw against the wall 'cause eggs were used to make it, citing all the other things that are made with eggs.. Ridiculous.
    I LOL'd at that one but you're absolutely right

He did voice Hakkar in the ZG revamp. It, again, sounds like Thrall with filtering.

So, that's... Thrall, Ragnaros, Hakkar, Varian, Nefarian...

it sounds like thrall

nefarian was too similar to thrall too

plz start changing voices

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    When professional voice actors do multiple characters in the same title, you typically can't easily identify them as being the same person. Think of the casts of the Simpsons and Futurama; the majority of the regular male characters on those shows are voiced by the same handful of guys, but the voices are distinct enough from one another that it isn't obvious.

Metzen is an artist/department coordinator who does voice acting, not a professional voice actor in his own right. He doesn't have the voice acting ability to make his Go'el voice sound significantly different from his Varian voice, from his Ragnaros voice, from his Nefarian voice, from his Rexxar voice, from his Saurfang Junior voice, from his generic orc npc voice.

His voice isn't at all bad, but when so many major characters sound exactly the same it is pretty stupid, especially given the parallel role that some of the characters play in their factions. Blizzard should diversify their voice talent for the sake of storytelling quality.

Who voice acts Metzen?!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought blizz was told he couldn't do anymore voices if they wanted to use actors guild voices.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Why do you need so much proof when it doesn't even ''sound'' like Metzen? He isn't exactly hard to recognise.

Tbh I think Metzen does a pretty good job at the characters he does voice. He's no Cam Clarke, but hell, nobody is.
    Callling Mel Blanc, calling Mel Blanc....

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    LOL! One of the main reasons you left an in-depth game like WoW, is cause of the voice-overs.. Seriously?! It never occurred to you to turn off your speakers? Or maybe here's one.. STOP YOUR WHINING?! I've heard some pretty shitty reasons to stop playing, but you sir take the fucking cake.. And then you throw against the wall 'cause eggs were used to make it, citing all the other things that are made with eggs.. Ridiculous.
    I think someone missed nap time today.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skylla05 View Post
    I think someone missed nap time today.
    Someone else laughed... That's all I was looking for.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.