Deleted

Affliction or Destruction for leveling?

Hey there

I have played a warlock a long time ago as Demonology which was okay fun.

Lately i have been thinking about lvling a warlock again and this time as Affliction or Destruction.

My question is, what spec is best for AoE grind but also for survival.

Affliction seems to be good healingwise with Siphon Life and Haunt and the Soulburn: Seed of Corruption seems to be nice AoE

Destruction seems to be a nice spec for quick nuking down on mobs

What do you prefere?

I'm sorry to say that Demonology is the best answer.

demonology is easier for leveling but if you dont like that
    i would take affliction

Affliction, hands down.

Here's Affliction leveling: Dot first mob, dot second, third...fifth....12th (yup, got that high before). Refresh dots as they fall off, watch your enemies die

You can finish "kill X of Y mobs" in minutes, much quicker than any other class/spec I've ever seen (and I have one of each class).

Any "group" quest, so long as it doesn't require 5 members, can be solo'd by a good warlock because of the health you get from Fel Armor, so there's more quests and more XP than most classes can get.

Really, I can't think of a single reason not to use affliction

I thought Demo until somebody on this forum opened my eyes to the impossibly OP affliction way of levelling. As soon as you get Haunt it's smooth sailing.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Theres no contest for me, since I hate the demo tree after Cata, affliction takes the win.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthKeller View Post
    Affliction, hands down.

Here's Affliction leveling: Dot first mob, dot second, third...fifth....12th (yup, got that high before). Refresh dots as they fall off, watch your enemies die

You can finish "kill X of Y mobs" in minutes, much quicker than any other class/spec I've ever seen (and I have one of each class).

Any "group" quest, so long as it doesn't require 5 members, can be solo'd by a good warlock because of the health you get from Fel Armor, so there's more quests and more XP than most classes can get.

Really, I can't think of a single reason not to use affliction
    I totally agree with dotting multiple mobs. The only reason I would offer destruction is because with heirlooms mobs die in just a few seconds. BUT, survivability is an issue with destro.

Sidenote: too bad drain tanking isn't really as viable anymore. Pretty much required to have the blueberry out for any large number of mobs.

The affliction thing does work, but destro is much much better for 5 mans, basically for the whole game. If you plan on doing the vast majority of leveling through questing and soloing you can probably go affliction. If you are running a bunch of dungeons use destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by bmillz1341 View Post
    The affliction thing does work, but destro is much much better for 5 mans, basically for the whole game. If you plan on doing the vast majority of leveling through questing and soloing you can probably go affliction. If you are running a bunch of dungeons use destruction.
    Or do what I did and dual spec, it's cheap as chips now.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I think Affliction is by far the best spec for leveling. It has amazing self healing and you just get full dots on a target and move to the next one which is even faster once you get soul swap and glyph it. It has no downtime and you move incredibly fast. Give it a try. You'll be able to pull a bunch of mobs, but I still think questing is better than aoe grinding these days.

Deleted
    As I just leveled my warlock as destruction

I realy liked it, dit questing so no mob grinding and it took me only 3d and 10h from 0-85.
    The fact you have a crazy nuke with Detro makes mobs dieing quick with soulfire, immolation Conflag and a incinerate.

So myself I pref destro, but at the end it's just what you prefere, leveling in a specc you don't like makes leveling long and playing with a specc you like makes it go quicker

Demonology followed by Affliction
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction. When you get Haunt you're unstoppable.

Dual spec demo, though, and learn it properly, because it's great in dungeons and endgame.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

Deleted
    Thanks for the answers. Seems like affliction is the way

10+ Year Old Account
    destruction is pretty weak at low level because you lack some of your mainspells till 60s such as incinerate.
    affliction is very strong to level, especially when multi dotting. Trow a few dots on every mob and by the time they reach you, they should be dead.
    demonology has very strong aoe and is nice for dungeons, especially trash because of all the aoe you have.

Just got my heirloom lock, who is leveling as affliction, to level 35...that said...i have only logged in 13 hours played thus far on her. loving the new forsaken areas which has made leveling a breeze...as well as being able to have unstable affliction so early on. affliction to me is easily the best choice for leveling imo. also top meters in dungeons on bosses these days. demo and destro can work also...just depends on your style really.