Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    doorbell ringing can't get anyone killed or seriously injured.. throwing rocks an overpass can..

shooting rock thrower with crossbow is bad.. and should not be the normal punishment.. but is understandable..

shooting someone with a gun for doing something harmless.. this is just bad.. period

and Rotted.. we can defend our property.. but unfortunately when people have freedom.. you have people that go too far
    Idd, so he walks completely free? or a slap on the wrist or?
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    wow... will they stick it to video games or movies for that guy madness ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Lesson learned: Don't be a little shit-head and doorbell ditch. I guarantee you that kid will never pull a prank like that again...because he's dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is annoying as fuck when some kid comes ringing the doorbell and runs off... doing that a dozen times a day is just madning. Though shooting the kid for it is absolutely off the scale. I'd just place a thumb tag on the button or electrify it, something the kid will never forget but causes next to no physical harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
    "Doorbell Ditching"

We called it something else when I was a kid.
    Knock down ginger round here, cant say im surprised really, hell if people in the uk had access to guns the same way you do in the usa i would have been shot more times than 50 cent as a kid.

For everyone saying "Kids need to learn there limits" HE RANG A DOOR BELL AND RAN and you are saying its ok for that guy to shoot him? That's sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    I hope not, I think that entire line of thinking is BS. When I play violent games, take a GTA for example where I can just go around killing people indiscriminately, it relaxes me and reduces stress - doesn't make me want to go kill anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    I think this situation called for a booby trap, not a shot-gun. If it was me, I'd have had some harmless fun with it.
    Booby traps are illegal though, owning a gun is not. Too many people have booby trapped their homes and hurt themselves in the process forgetting that they had set them. Granted, him shooting the boy is obviously against the law as well.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Obviously Video Games.
    The kid has played too many of them and created a nefarious plan to anger a senior citizen so much that he rages out and shoots at the boy, just so that he can test whether he can actually react in bullet-time to avaid the shots the same way he does in his games.

If you think about it, the explanation was quite obvious, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asores View Post
    For everyone saying "Kids need to learn there limits" HE RANG A DOOR BELL AND RAN and you are saying its ok for that guy to shoot him? That's sickening.
    Indeed, those people saying that should probably get taught some human value lessons themselves and perhaps if they don't agree we should shoot them so they know they can't get away with doing whatever they think is warranted. How ironic lol.

Deleted
    What is relevant is that you are playing Russian roulette when you annoy people.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knock,_Knock,_Ginger

Mentions it right at the bottom. Short line though..

I reckon the dude who shot the kids should be locked up for ~25 years.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Deleted
    Think about it.. haven't we all rung door bells and run? It's a very innocent prank. No one should get shot for it.. That's insane. I just don't understand how anyone could support the shooter. First of all, it's a small temporary kids thing, and they stop doing it when they realize it's stupid. Second, there are better ways to teach kids than killing them. Wow, I hope you're not serious because if so you have some serious issues. The crossbow thing is totally different from this imo

Everyone has a breaking point.

Maybe the guys wife just left him (I haven't read the article).
    Maybe he's been a long terms victim of "youth pranks".

I'm not trying to justify what he did, and definitely do not condone it. But that's the problem with today's youth. The do stupid shit to other people, getting their jolly's at other people's expense, when they get a reaction it's even funnier, until one day, they get an over reaction and all of a sudden it's not their fault.

Prank enough houses in America, (or any country almost) and eventually you'll prank a pissed off redneck with a shotgun, or a crack-house etc etc etc

Don't play with fire and you wont get burnt.

My 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    As much as it is a bit of an overkill (similar to the crossbow story).

I actually support them, just for the fact that kids nowadays thinks they can do anything without consequence, and that teaches them otherwise, may be they will behave a little better if they know they could get shotgunned.
    You support shooting people in the back that annoy you? What about just disconnecting/turning off the doorbell.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koen View Post
    Indeed, those people saying that should probably get taught some human value lessons themselves and perhaps if they don't agree we should shoot them so they know they can't get away with doing whatever they think is warranted. How ironic lol.
    Not really, if I can get away with it (and I assume a lot of people too), would go nearly as far as that (or just as far as that) when you have those modern kids going around causing "harmless fun" with that attitude everywhere.

I wouldn't have shot him on the back though, I'd rather shoot him on the leg, and tell him to keep running, or I will shoot again in 10 seconds.

If shooting kids that do doorbell ditching made legal, the kids sure as hell won't be going to do it. As long as there is a known consequence (and is harmful), that will make kids behave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I actually support them, just for the fact that kids nowadays thinks they can do anything without consequence, and that teaches them otherwise, may be they will behave a little better if they know they could get shotgunned.
    Oh yeah, because teaching based on fear is obviously the right way to go about things.

Also, why don't you just shoot a kid for ANY time they annoy you, like was done here?

Kid kicks a ball into your garden? Shoot them! Kid comes to your door at Hallowe'en for trick or treat? Hey, I don't like Hallowe'en, shoot them!

That'll teach them!

/sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    You support shooting people in the back that annoy you? What about just disconnecting/turning off the doorbell.
    My doorbell, is for people that come to visit me, use to notify they are outside waiting, so I won't have them wait outside for eternity.

For kids that annoy people with that "harmless fun" (although I wouldn't call it harmless as it annoy people, you want harmless fun? go cut yourself or kick rocks), I fully support the heaviest damage that can do to the kid while the person can still get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    He supports youth taking consequence for their actions, not being shot in the back for Ding Dong Ditching

Deleted
    We called it knick knock or another game we used to play was Thunder and lightning, Kick the door like thunder and run like lightning lol.

The most that ever happened to us when we we're kids was people waiting with buckets of water as we approached the door.