Thread: Pokémon!

from what i understand, unless you have the pentagon symbol you cant do tournments etc, can be wrong about online play but i was under the impression they fixed that.

prior to pokebank v 1.1 you could hack a pentagon into the transfered pokemon, it has been fixed in v1.1
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    So you are telling me that if speed stat is high enough (e.g. 100-112), then people opt to go for +speed natures on their mons? Meaning that on high speed tiers, speed outweighs attack/sp.attack for sweepers?
    Pretty much. A lot of those pokemon are also somewhat frail, so they can't take attacks well, so they try to outspeed as much as possible. Especially on something like mega lucario. Remember, adamant will hit 10% harder, but jolly may outspeed that one pokemon and make you not even have to take their attack.
    The exception to not run max max speed would be if: (a) you're bulky and it doesn't matter that much (see tentacruel), or (b) you miss out on some important OHKO's that adamant can get you but jolly can't. In case of the latter, just try use a pokemon calculator and see what commonly used pokemon mega lucario could still outspeed with adamant and not score the OHKO while jolly but could as adamant. I doubt you'll find a lot. If under a swords dance boost, he'll be able to OHKO most things, if not at +2, he'll only be able to OHKO pokemon that are frail and/or he has a super effective move against. Even those "oh I'd miss that important OHKO on pokemon [insert name]" should be treated with a pinch of salt imo. Always a good chance that those pokemon have lost some hp earlier already, due to entry hazards or swapping in on a resisted move, no? Being able to outspeed a lot of common pokemon >>>>>>>>>> 10% extra power if you ask me.

Unless you plan to do some sick 240124th level thinking, and run adamant, and hope all your opponents think you're running jolly and they swap out their base 100-112 max max speed pokemon already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    @Aegislash : So, i got Atk/SpA/SpD, Atk/Def/SpA, Def/SpA/SpD as 3 iv Dittos. Take your pick
    I'll take Def/SpA/SpD one! But my intenret connection is being a cunt atm for me :/ dont know when i can trade while having a stable connection. :s

TAKE ALL THE SHINX!
    haha
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    everyone, would you be interested in a 5 IV Calm nature BUlbasaur with 4 Egg Moves in a Nest Ball when i'm done?

Deleted
    Hmmm it may be less relevant if you run swords dance/bullet punch/extremespeed/close combat (and even then, still... close combat will be the move that hurts most by far and will be used most). I always thought mega lucario physical ran either of those 2 priority moves, swords dance, close combat, and then either EQ or crunch. Could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegislash View Post
    everyone, would you be interested in a 5 IV Calm nature BUlbasaur with 4 Egg Moves in a Nest Ball when i'm done?
    i would what are the egg moves btw ?

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    Thanks guys for a lot of input! So much food for thoughts. Breeding 3 kinds of Lucarios now seems like a little nightmare, considering I will need 2 natures for each version just to check their effectiveness.

- - - Updated - - -

Reminder, yes I would.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    i would what are the egg moves btw ?
    Only the (almost) mandatory Giga Drain, then i got Ingrain, Grasswhistle and Petal Dance. I opted to only go for Giga Drain, but Bulbasaur can learn all 4 of the mentioned Egg Moves from a Roselia, so it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    from what i understand, unless you have the pentagon symbol you cant do tournments etc, can be wrong about online play but i was under the impression they fixed that.

prior to pokebank v 1.1 you could hack a pentagon into the transfered pokemon, it has been fixed in v1.1
    I've been behind. What's that pentagon you're talking about? Isn't that the symbol that they are from Kalos?

exactly

thats my last 1, mightve gave you duplicates but w/e got rid of tons of pokemon so im happy

now to release the shinx to wondertrade :P

Deleted
    Well, this is pretty awkward, i just got returned one of my own reject Bulbasaur through Wondertrade....what are the fucking odds

Deleted
    Well, this is pretty awkward, i just got returned one of my own reject Bulbasaur through Wondertrade....what are the fucking odds
    That's a sign. It returned to you, because it loves you!
    Remember the old anime episode, when they thought they were fighting a tentacle monster that was living in the canals but it was actually an abandoned Bulbasaur?
    The feels. T.T

Anyone else want a few (hundred) shinx?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    That's a sign. It returned to you, because it loves you!
    Remember the old anime episode, when they thought they were fighting a tentacle monster that was living in the canals but it was actually an abandoned Bulbasaur?
    The feels. T.T
    Bulbasaur is a bro. It should make a glorious return alongside Squirtle riding Charizard to battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was that a male and a female? wasnt paying attention >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    Was that a male and a female? wasnt paying attention >.<
    Both, maybe? i don't even.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh well enjoy the dratini's

demonhuntr meet little youkai aka danmakus, little youkai meet demonhuntr

need new project doing research

Deleted
    Bulbasaur is a bro. It should make a glorious return alongside Squirtle riding Charizard to battle.
    Remember that? Poor, abandoned Bulbasaur ep.