Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    My vote is for fairy/water. It already looks like a fairy, and people thought it would get re-typed anyways.
    I would also go with Fairy, because then it would be kind of opposite of Gyarados' Water/Dark :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I vote to remove Fairy type from the game because I hate it. ;P

I would almost vote for Water/Dragon just to see how beastly its defenses could get without having anything supereffective to fight it. Except... fairy. And other dragons. Nevermind.

Just stay water, Milotic!
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    If we get a Mega Milotic in the Hoenn remakes (Like Gyarados, its counterpart did in X/Y + its a popular gen 3 pokemon anyway), would you like it to get Dragon/Water, Fairy/Water or just keep it as pure Water type?
    Dragon/Fairy, thank you.

It could completely change and still be majestic and beautiful as FUCK.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck it, I will watch Yami vs Raphael yet again.

I fucking love Raphael. I fucking do.

- - - Updated - - -

Scrap that. I will watch Kaiba vs Ishizu. I LOVE Ishizu.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Dragon/Fairy, thank you.

It could completely change and still be majestic and beautiful as FUCK.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck it, I will watch Yami vs Raphael yet again.

I fucking love Raphael. I fucking do.

- - - Updated - - -

Scrap that. I will watch Kaiba vs Ishizu. I LOVE Ishizu.
    Who was Raphael? I can't remember him ever dueling someone with that name :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    This would also mean the use of 2 abilities at once as well as secret stat boost and secret field effect to top it of. Very unfair.

I like the graphic concept but I don't like Rylee's stat/ability idea. I would keep Zoroark's unique niche by leaving it's ability intact and boosting it's speed and crappy defenses to match other sweeper megas.
    are you trying to say zoroark shouldnt be op O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Foxes never deserve to be OP when there are much better canines to buff!
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Foxes never deserve to be OP when there are much better canines to buff!
    But foxes are cool.

- - - Updated - - -

No, because I want to use it. Oo

I vote to remove Fairy type from the game because I hate it. ;P

I would almost vote for Water/Dragon just to see how beastly its defenses could get without having anything supereffective to fight it. Except... fairy. And other dragons. Nevermind.

Just stay water, Milotic!
    i just dont know why they went with fairy.

why fairy? all it is, is a psychic/normal type thats strong against dark and dragon.

i know steel and dark couldve been incorporated into ghost and rock but they atleast had a slightly different thematic difference.

why not sound type? or light type or something. why fairy? just seems pointless thematically
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    But foxes are cool.
    Foxes are cowardly scavengers that have to steal kills from their greater cousins to survive.

(Okay, not always. But they hold a special place in my heart as adorable rascals that I love to hate.)

Who was Raphael? I can't remember him ever dueling someone with that name :/
    BLASPHEMY!

The only guy who legitimately beat the Pharaoh. He was around during the Atlantis cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just dont know why they went with fairy.

why fairy? all it is, is a psychic/normal type thats strong against dark and dragon.

i know steel and dark couldve been incorporated into ghost and rock but they atleast had a slightly different thematic difference.

why not sound type? or light type or something. why fairy? just seems pointless thematically
    I was a big proponent of Light type. We already have a Dark type and Light replacing fairy would still be SE to dark. It fits thematically.

It's not like the Pokeworld is without allusions to religion anyway, so having the typical good type vs evil type would be fine.

My other problem with Fairy is it's a typecast type. Every single fairy Pokemon is going to share certain characteristics, and they're almost offensive. You could describe them all as "girly." "Girly" shouldn't be a fucking type.

Deleted
    Foxes are cowardly scavengers that have to steal kills from their greater cousins to survive.

(Okay, not always. But they hold a special place in my heart as adorable rascals that I love to hate.)

And you just described some Hyenas (except greater cousins part, they steal from everyone).

10+ Year Old Account
    [img]http://imgwiz.com/images/2014/07/01/b8mwq.gif[img]

[img]http://imgwiz.com/images/2014/07/01/gkyAI.gif[img]

[img]http://imgwiz.com/images/2014/07/01/zexP8.gif[img]

And you just described Hyenas.
    I do not like hyenas either, which, by the way, aren't even canines. >: (

Deleted
    I do not like hyenas either, which, by the way, aren't even canines. >: (
    Yup. And foxes don't steal kills from their bigger cousins. :P
    Besides you like Mightyena, partially based on Hyena.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rylee View Post
    Foxes Unite!!!!
    Damn right! ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. And foxes don't steal kills. Besides you like Mightyena, partially based on Hyena.
    Foxes don't steal kills because they can't steal kills. They do, however, scavenge. Being in the position they are - that is to say, often living in the same biomes as their greater cousins, wolves and other offshoot subcategories like red wolves (coyotes) - the kills they scavenge tend to belong to their cousins. Bears and wolves also have a long history of stealing and fighting over each others' kills, but I actually like bears a lot more than foxes.

I think the "love to hate" is a deepseated, though fake, "battle" between the two of them created by fandom. Like werewolves vs vampires. There's no reason for them to be pitted against each other, but they are, and the side I pick is always wolves! xD

Also - mightyena is based on hyenas only in name. Their behavior and even aesthetic is MUCH closer to wolves than it is to hyenas. (I don't watch the anime so I don't really know how well they're depicted there.)

That said, hyenas mirror the pack behavior of a wolf very closely in real life with a few choice differences. The biggest difference between Mightyena being a hyena and a wolf is honestly the way it looks, because Mightyena looks absolutely nothing like a hyena.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    BLASPHEMY!

The only guy who legitimately beat the Pharaoh. He was around during the Atlantis cycle.
    Was that the seal of orichalcos arc? And don't forget Yugi beat Atem in the last episode!

Deleted
    Foxes don't steal kills because they can't steal kills. They do, however, scavenge. Being in the position they are - that is to say, often living in the same biomes as their greater cousins, wolves and other offshoot subcategories like red wolves (coyotes) - the kills they scavenge tend to belong to their cousins. Bears and wolves also have a long history of stealing and fighting over each others' kills, but I actually like bears a lot more than foxes.

I think the "love to hate" is a deepseated, though fake, "battle" between the two of them created by fandom. Like werewolves vs vampires. There's no reason for them to be pitted against each other, but they are, and the side I pick is always wolves! xD

Also - mightyena is based on hyenas only in name. Their behavior and even aesthetic is MUCH closer to wolves than it is to hyenas. (I don't watch the anime so I don't really know how well they're depicted there.)

That said, hyenas mirror the pack behavior of a wolf very closely in real life with a few choice differences. The biggest difference between Mightyena being a hyena and a wolf is honestly the way it looks, because Mightyena looks absolutely nothing like a hyena.
    Mightyena is visually based on both wolves and hyenas. Bulbapedia:
    "It shares some similarities with both wolves and hyenas. Although, the design may have been influenced by domestic breeds like the German Shepherd Dog, a breed with personalities that are heavily influenced by their owners. German shepherds also commonly come in black and gray colorations. Its appearance may also be based on a brown hyena. Mightyena's appearance as well as the fact that it is a pack animal is reminiscent of a spotted hyena."

And foxes just eat whatever they find. They are scavengers, omnivores and sometimes predators, depending on species. It's not like they explicitly take prey right from under wolves noses. Fair co-existence. :P
    Last edited by mmoc8ded9ea3f2; 2014-07-01 at 07:54 PM.

Was that the seal of orichalcos arc? And don't forget Yugi beat Atem in the last episode!
    Yeah, the Orichalcos. And...

Pft... Destined duels mean NOTHING!

Rafael/Raphael all the way!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mightyena is visually based on both wolves and hyenas.
    "It shares some similarities with both wolves and hyenas. Although, the design may have been influenced by domestic breeds like the German Shepherd Dog, a breed with personalities that are heavily influenced by their owners. German shepherds also commonly come in black and gray colorations. Its appearance may also be based on a brown hyena. Mightyena's appearance as well as the fact that it is a pack animal is reminiscent of a spotted hyena."
    I am aware of Bulbapedia's take on it.

I'm telling you it's erroneous.

Saying it's a pack animal and therefore a hyena is like saying it's a pack animal and therefore a lion. Lots of animals rove in packs. A wolf pack and hyena pack exhibit very close behavior, though hyenas are a bit more..... brash. Their leadership is also structured differently.

In order to see the differences, you'd have to see its behavior and what it looks like. And that motherfucker don't look like no hyena. Look at its muzzle and its ears. Maybe an African Wild Dog might a bit closer? But even then, it lacks the telltale spots and muzzle coloring.

No, no... it looks like a wolf.

I mean, Houndoom's clearly a demonic doberman and Arcanine's based on a chimeric mythological beast. I'm not above calling a rose a rose. Mightyena's a wolf-rose in this case. xD