Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Ya, how dare they make us come up with our own sets! It's not like we can see the base stats/movepool on any other website!
    Here is a man who understands my problem :P, for real though i was looking for a 4th filler move and if i should go timid/modest and if so what speed EV's do i need etc, I like looking up that shit on smogon cuz they ussually have very indepth sections on that sort of stuff. Also I'm lazy i do the same in WoW, just look up whats doing best atm and copy the shit out of that, not even ashamed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    Here is a man who understands my problem :P, for real though i was looking for a 4th filler move and if i should go timid/modest and if so what speed EV's do i need etc, I like looking up that shit on smogon cuz they ussually have very indepth sections on that sort of stuff. Also I'm lazy i do the same in WoW, just look up whats doing best atm and copy the shit out of that, not even ashamed about it.
    Did you know that if you use the pokemon showdown damage calculator and click usage, it gives you a set complete with nature, ev's, and moves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you know that if you use the pokemon showdown damage calculator and click usage, it gives you a set complete with nature, ev's, and moves.
    Every time I do that I'm like "really? That seems so... stupid"

For example, a Pokemon close to home: Arcanine. Pull him up for usage. 2 moves, tanky set item (leftovers) and EVs (HP/Atk.) What?

I'd like an explanation as to why that... is. The damage calc doesn't tell you. D:
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    -1 4 Atk Abomasnow Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arcanine: 16-20 (4.1 - 5.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever

hahahaha best description ever

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Every time I do that I'm like "really? That seems so... stupid"

For example, a Pokemon close to home: Arcanine. Pull him up for usage. 2 moves, tanky set item (leftovers) and EVs (HP/Atk.) What?

I'd like an explanation as to why that... is. The damage calc doesn't tell you. D:
    Arcanine can be quite physicly tanky with intimidate and full hp investment while still maintaining a decent offensive pressure, but your right it doesnt tell you that in the calc.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/ oh sexy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    Wow, for real. This is a really awesome dex. I like the UI, too - like it's just well put together
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Hello

Im looking for a Hidden Abilty Sableye and I will offer my shiny Venasaur for it.
    Leave a message to exchange friendcodes

o the new smogon is so nice 8o

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Wow, for real. This is a really awesome dex. I like the UI, too - like it's just well put together
    Sexy and awesome dex, but nothing's working for me, i can only search (clicking on Pokemon/Moves/Types...does nothing) and after that when i click on a 'mon, item or anything, more nothing. Is that for everyone or am i alone in this case ? (i though it was because of Opera but it's the same with Chrome and Firefox )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Sexy and awesome dex, but nothing's working for me, i can only search (clicking on Pokemon/Moves/Types...does nothing) and after that when i click on a 'mon, item or anything, more nothing. Is that for everyone or am i alone in this case ? (i though it was because of Opera but it's the same with Chrome and Firefox )
    Probably still being updated right now. seems very bare and naked right now. maybe thats why its so sexy :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Pa pa pa pa pa papaapa pa pa pa paaaa paaaa papapapapapapaa pa apa apapapapapapapaap.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Pa pa pa pa pa papaapa pa pa pa paaaa paaaa papapapapapapaa pa apa apapapapapapapaap.
    Fucking awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    <Video!>
    That guy does an amazing Ducktales Moon theme

Edit: There it is
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

1 hr 30 minute wait for academic advisement at my uni, yay for reddit!

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of Smoothe and pokemon:

So... how do Smogon tiers work now? I'm seeing Pokemon tagged as a lower tier than their movesets. are they classed as the lower tier unless they use the specific movesets now?
    Friend Code: 0232-9398-7407
    IGN - Dasir

after a long weekend with heavy drinking and 3 stressful days at the university, I'm back.
    Bet I missed a lot.

Got an idea how you can "change forms" with deoxys during battle.
    (though it works only with roms)

1. have a savegame
    2. edit that savegame with pokegen/pokesav
    3. make all 4 deoxys forms
    4. give them all baton pass
    5. give every form 3 different attacks.
    6. have deoxys with "12" attacks
    7. ???
    8. profit!

Quote Originally Posted by Dasir View Post
    So... how do Smogon tiers work now? I'm seeing Pokemon tagged as a lower tier than their movesets. are they classed as the lower tier unless they use the specific movesets now?
    Pokemon are placed in tiers. You can use whatever movesets you want apart from prankster+swagplay

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon are placed in tiers. You can use whatever movesets you want apart from prankster+swagplay
    Aaaand you can't have more than 3 Baton Pass users, it plays a role regarding movesets so I thought it should be mentioned.

Oooh new smogon be fancy. They don't seem to have their tiers and little blurbs and movesets for the pokemon in them yet.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, I'm debating if I should use a hack on angry birds epic, really shouldn't, but it should help me, I'm not sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Aaaand you can't have more than 3 Baton Pass users, it plays a role regarding movesets so I thought it should be mentioned.
    Is that banned now? I thought it was being suspect tested.