Thread: Pokémon!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    I think it can be cool when it's some weird or obscure fusion, but not much other than that.

If there's a particular art thing I'm tired of with Pokémon it's the art that tries to make Pokémon seem grim and dark. You're playing a kid's game guys, just face it, there's nothing too serious, depressive or dark about Pokémon.
    Honestly, I'm tired of the whole grim dark "wave". Sure, a bit of horror and darkness is awesome now and then (IF. DONE. RIGHT), but the whole idea of that if it isn't say Dark Souls then it's just a piece of "casual, kiddie shit derpa herpda derp". It's sickening and childish honestly.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    how is togekiss food for nidoking? nidoking's really arent faster and a hustle togekiss with a life orb can 1 shot.if any thing is a rock paper scissors
    Yes. Nidoking is faster. Also, most people do not play Life orb Togekiss, they play Parahax Togekiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Honestly, I'm tired of the whole grim dark "wave". Sure, a bit of horror and darkness is awesome now and then (IF. DONE. RIGHT), but the whole idea of that if it isn't say Dark Souls then it's just a piece of "casual, kiddie shit derpa herpda derp". It's sickening and childish honestly.
    The only Pokemon I really like that I think can pull off the "dark, grim" thing are Darkrai, Giratina, Gengar's family:

Darkrai: IMG
    Giratina: IMG1 IMG 2
    Gengar: IMG

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    how is togekiss food for nidoking? nidoking's really arent faster and a hustle togekiss with a life orb can 1 shot.if any thing is a rock paper scissors
    Nidoking is decently fast, but still faster than Togekiss. Nidoking has a base speed of 85 while Togekiss has only 80. Togekiss can be faster, but it mostly goes to Nidoking's favor. With a Life Orb and Sheer Force Togekiss will easily get 1-shot by a Thunderbolt. Don't underestimate the king, after he got Sheer Force he's a monster and viable in competitive play.

I definitely agree. I don't mind when it's done with things that are supposed to be dark, there are plenty of things that fit that. However, with things like Pokémon and other child friendly things it's just ridiculous. And no, Chandelure doesn't make the game M-rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    The only Pokemon I really like that I think can pull off the "dark, grim" thing are Darkrai, Giratina, Gengar's family:

Darkrai: IMG
    Giratina: IMG1 IMG 2
    Gengar: IMG
    I don't really like the Darkrai and first Giratina one, they're going away from the design of the Pokémon. The Gengar one and second Giratina one are okay though, because they don't ruin the originally intended designs. I'm kind of a snob when it comes to this, but yeah.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-05-21 at 06:39 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nidoking is decently fast, but still faster than Togekiss. Nidoking has a base speed of 85 while Togekiss has only 80. Togekiss can be faster, but it mostly goes to Nidoking's favor. With a Life Orb and Sheer Force Togekiss will easily get 1-shot by a Thunderbolt. Don't underestimate the king, after he got Sheer Force he's a monster and viable in competitive play.

I definitely agree. I don't mind when it's done with things that are supposed to be dark, there are plenty of things that fit that. However, with things like Pokémon and other child friendly things it's just ridiculous. And no, Chandelure doesn't make the game M-rated.
    Nope, it makes it A-Rated (A stands for AWESOME).

Deleted

Yeah. There are some weird/spooky Pokemon.

Lampent, Yamask and Gengar come to mind. But people trying to make something like Clefairy look weird or scary are just fucking stupd.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Yeah. There are some weird/spooky Pokemon.

Lampent, Yamask and Gengar come to mind. But people trying to make something like Clefairy look weird or scary are just fucking stupd.
    Clefairy is freaking scary though... That rape face O.o

Deleted
    Clefairy is freaking scary though... That rape face O.o
    We all know there is only 1 real rape pokemon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it can be cool when it's some weird or obscure fusion, but not much other than that.

If there's a particular art thing I'm tired of with Pokémon it's the art that tries to make Pokémon seem grim and dark. You're playing a kid's game guys, just face it, there's nothing too serious, depressive or dark about Pokémon.
    Are we going to forget that Cyrus wanted to kill everyone but himself and force the creation trio to unmake and remake the world just for him?

Mr. Fuji also being one of the people who had Mew genetically modified. Gen 1 and IV were pretty dark but you had to look at it that way. At least Lavender Town in Gen I fit the dark theme.

Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    Are we going to forget that Cyrus wanted to kill everyone but himself and force the creation trio to unmake and remake the world just for him?

Mr. Fuji also being one of the people who had Mew genetically modified. Gen 1 and IV were pretty dark but you had to look at it that way. At least Lavender Town in Gen I fit the dark theme.
    The whole "Darkrai eating the kid's soul" thing was pretty awesome/dark too, in the Gen 4 games. The Distortion World wasn't really dark, but I found it really disorienting and mad.

Sometimes there are, sometimes there aren't creepy/dark stuff. It's not "just a kid's game."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post

Of all the weird theories about Pokemon. Mr.Fuji being a Pokemon smuggler for Team rocket is the most believable one.

Even more animated box art.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

im looking at my cat and wondering what moves it would have if it was a pokemon lol..he would be very much a normal pokemon. i think ill have him with the following. slash...stupid claws, crunch...this cat likes to bite me alot. shadow force..why? because he likes to sneak attack me when i have my back turned. and hone claws...im about to replace a couch...

so thats.

slash,crunch,shadow force, hone claws.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah but would a cat ever obey your commands? You could beat the Elite Four multiple times and that cat would still ignore you and fall asleep.

The Pikachu sprite on the Pokemon Yellow box looks like he's dancing.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

just...need to get him in that pokeball..apparently,
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

im bored so i thought id throw this out there.

we all know over time fossil pokemon "evolved" (using evolved in the real world terms) into the pokemon we know today, but how does this happen as well as normal pokemon evoloution?

i know it will likely never be explained but my personal theory that i have is this.

every once in awhile, very very rarely, a pokemon will evolve for a 3rd time.

so far in pokemon we have never seen a pokemon evolve more than twice, why is that?

my theory is that if a pokemon ever evolved for a third time it would lose its base form, so say in my theory a charizard would somehow evolve, if that pokemon breeds its offspring would be charmeleon and would lose the ability to be charmanders.

and over millions of years this is how the fossil pokemon "evolved" into the pokemon we know today
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    so far in pokemon we have never seen a pokemon evolve more than twice, why is that?
    Game balancing.

Deleted
    So what do you guys think of the ditto mew rumor Ditto is a failed Mew clone?

also ditto is only found in the places mewtwo was created and mewtwo hides in pokemon fire red and leaf green

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zwiggy View Post
    So what do you guys think of the ditto mew rumor Ditto is a failed Mew clone?

also ditto is only found in the places mewtwo was created and mewtwo hides in pokemon fire red and leaf green

I think if it were true, they wouldve just come out and said so.

Being the same weight means quite literally nothing.
    The colours are just wild coincidence. A lot of Pokemon have similar shiny colouring, and their normal colourings are different shades of pink.
    Transform is explained by Mew being the progenitor of Pokemon and knowing all TMs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I think if it were true, they wouldve just come out and said so.

Being the same weight means quite literally nothing.
    The colours are just wild coincidence. A lot of Pokemon have similar shiny colouring, and their normal colourings are different shades of pink.
    Transform is explained by Mew being the progenitor of Pokemon and knowing all TMs.
    and being found in the laboratory on cinnabar island were the mew experiments were?