Thread: Pokémon!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Moves...

5. Dazzling Gleam. Shiny. Pretty. Mew can learn it. Need I say more? IT'S PINK IN PINK.

4. Synthesis/Moonlight. BY THE POWER OF THE SUN/MOON, I WILL BE HEALED.

3. Lunar Dance. T.H.E. B.E.A.U.T.Y.

2. Recover. How about I get half of my health back in an instant and do that OVER & OVER & OVER AGAIN?

1. Future Sight & Doom Desire. This.
    What does the image show exactly

Well, might as well post here for teh moves

1: brave bird: a strong move, which helped me win against the e4 champ, I call it suicide bird sense it hurts you, also blazeikin learns this move which is crazy

2: yawn: it's got a funny name, sound and way it makes you sleep

3: fly: just like it outside of battles is all

4: retaliate: a move that shows a dojo is cool in my opinion

5: swords dance: just the way it looks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    As to signatures, remember you gotta scale them down properly, with height and width (not only kb size).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    There's no way you could use that in a sig, it's dimensions are wayyy too big.
    Yeah I know, I scaled it down a lot, with this as the end result at 135kb

It's down to 10 frames at 305x100
    (Can be cut down to 9 frames at 121kb).
    Cutting more frames out will make it look weird, and still getting it down to 50kb is insane
    8 frames at 274x90, 98.7kb
    Last edited by Icebear; 2015-05-29 at 11:31 PM.
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGJuIX0UIAEdXDq.jpg[IMG]
    Gaah, I'm wanting to play Splatoon a lot. Kinda wishing I had a Wii U.
    I went to London ComicCon a few days ago and it was there, I wish I played it.
    To make it Pokémon related I bought a Diancie and Cinccino plushie there, because my room needs some Pokémon stuff in it. Also because I'm behind on news... I'm somewhat interested in the new Mystery Dungeon. I remember playing both 1 and 2, I ended up quitting one of them out of frustation as I got to like the 80th or something floor of the Mew dungeon and had a Monster House = nope

It's been a while since I've posted here and especially since I got college done I can do whatever now. Huzzah. I still haven't finish my comp team yet... I just need to get into the right mood for it. I can't breed for hours like I used to before, I just get bored too quick :|

I hate that I ain't posting as much as I want to. Though my leave from WoW has me visiting these forums less and less these days...
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2015-05-30 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    I still haven't finish my comp team yet... I just need to get into the right mood for it. I can't breed for hours like I used to before, I just get bored too quick :|
    Just watch tv/youtube/netflix while you breed, that is what I do

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

The jpg is meant to produce sound for you to hear.

Man, playing Soul Silver again really reminded me of how stupid the leveling curve in the game is. It's not bad at first, but after the 5th gym, it gets all screwy. Chuck has his ace at level 31. Not too bad right? Then you go straight to Jasmine who has no trainers in her gym and her ace is 35. A little tougher, but not too difficult if you grinded before facing Chuck. But then Pryce happens, and his pokemon are around the same level as Jasmine's except for his ace which is LOWER than Jasmine's. Then you go to do the radio tower stuff, where no one has above level 32...except for the last exec, who has a 38 as his ace. Seriously, the curve from gym 5-E4 is all screwy. I know from experience it doesn't get any better until after the E4, as the pokemon in Victory Road are all around the early to mid 30's while the E4 has much higher pokemon.

It's not really a curve, it's a leveling rollercoaster.
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2015-05-30 at 06:07 PM.

It's so damn hard to make teams in OU with original pokes. I am trying my absolute hardest for weeks or even months but I guess that there's a reason some pokes are OU in the end.

It's so damn hard to make teams in OU with original pokes. I am trying my absolute hardest for weeks or even months but I guess that there's a reason some pokes are OU in the end.
    Don't forget, every pokemon not in ubers technically falls under OU.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Yeah. Tier lists only tell what Pokémon you can't use on lower tiers. Any Pokémon from lower tiet than the designated tier is free to use.

Besides, all Smogon tiers below Übers are useage based. Plenty of Pokémon below OU can be useful if utilized right.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Yeah, exactly my point. I did manage to make some twists of my 2k team, but wanting something original, I find myself just boggled. What I want to do though for sure, is make a team with Mega-Latias or Latios.

How about discussing this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, exactly my point. I did manage to make some twists of my 2k team, but wanting something original, I find myself just boggled. What I want to do though for sure, is make a team with Mega-Latias or Latios.

How about discussing this?
    I don't think I've ever seen Mega Lati@s used competitively at all by anyone. I'm not sure why, though. Sure, they're powerful, but they're literally a copy/paste of the originals. Same typing, same ability, same role, but they lose the ability to use stuff like Scarf or Leftovers, in addition to eating up your mega slot.

I'm sure they'd be good on a team that doesn't have a Mega, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen Mega Lati@s used competitively at all by anyone. I'm not sure why, though. Sure, they're powerful, but they're literally a copy/paste of the originals. Same typing, same ability, same role, but they lose the ability to use stuff like Scarf or Leftovers, in addition to eating up your mega slot.

I'm sure they'd be good on a team that doesn't have a Mega, though.
    Pretty much this, waste of a mega slot, waste of an item slot really. The overall power increase I would guess is roughly the same if you use either specs or Life Orb. And don't get me started on Leftovers.
    The only way I see it working without being THAT much of a waste is on a Calm Mind set with Latias. You loose the Leftover recovery but gain a bit of bulk and power. For me the trade-off isn't worth it, but if you really want to use Mega-Latis, that's probably what works best.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Pretty much this, waste of a mega slot, waste of an item slot really. The overall power increase I would guess is roughly the same if you use either specs or Life Orb. And don't get me started on Leftovers.
    The only way I see it working without being THAT much of a waste is on a Calm Mind set with Latias. You loose the Leftover recovery but gain a bit of bulk and power. For me the trade-off isn't worth it, but if you really want to use Mega-Latis, that's probably what works best.
    This, you might as well run LO instead of the mega, which a lot of people do.

I would go with something like this:

Latias@Latiasite

-Calm Mind
    -Stored Power
    -Reflect Type
    -Recover

Thought process being that with the extra defenses and spatk, you're pretty much unkillable when you factor in Reflect type against bisharp & tyranitar. Gleam makes Latias able to hit everything, without suffering from immunities to either dragon or psychic and ofc can be swapped to either stab if you have specific counters to specific latias troublemakers.

Edit: Latias can't learn Dazzling Gleam, sigh. Stored Power/Psyshock & Dragon Pulse is the only choice.
    Last edited by Well; 2015-05-31 at 02:22 PM.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_d...531/index.html

directly to you.

yoshis right now

- - - Updated - - -

awww amiibo yoshi costumes in yoshi yarn

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm project treasure looks pretty cool O-O

- - - Updated - - -

looks like some sort of multiplayer 3rd person action japanese indianna jones imulator O-O

- - - Updated - - -

harvest moon with cats? O-O looks fun

- - - Updated - - -

monster hunteR?

- - - Updated - - -

GOAT SO CUTE

- - - Updated - - -

monster hunter x cross

- - - Updated - - -

i think its over... no pokerman news

- - - Updated - - -

they announced a new chibi robo but its some stupid fucking platformer thing >_< the first and third chibi robo were the best. ugh. i hope it gets localized though just so i can buy that chibi robo amiibo
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    -Reflect Type
    Wait, really? I thought only Starmie got that. Awesome <3

Also another thing that gives M-Latias an edge over Bisharp: Knock Off will have its base power against her because of the Mega Stone.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Wait, really? I thought only Starmie got that. Awesome <3

Also another thing that gives M-Latias an edge over Bisharp: Knock Off will have its base power against her because of the Mega Stone.
    Yeah. And reflect type negates the pursuit trap. Making the team myself today, it's slow, because I do not want to use the same things all over again, but it just happens. Up until now, it's like this:

M-Latias
    Rotom-W
    Landorus-T
    Breloom
    Victini

I am lacking a spikes & rapid spin user. I can't find something good to use though, since I don't want to use another pokemon with reflect type in Starmie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. And reflect type negates the pursuit trap. Making the team myself today, it's slow, because I do not want to use the same things all over again, but it just happens. Up until now, it's like this:

M-Latias
    Rotom-W
    Landorus-T
    Breloom
    Victini

I am lacking a spikes & rapid spin user. I can't find something good to use though, since I don't want to use another pokemon with reflect type in Starmie.
    You can still use an offensive Spinner Starmie, though. Dunno how well that'd fit your team.

Why don't you just run Defog on Latias? Since you didn't mention rocks, I assume you're running defensive Landorus with rocks. So I don't think Spikes are that needed.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2015-05-31 at 02:21 PM.

You can still use an offensive Spinner Starmie, though. Dunno how well that'd fit your team.

Why don't you just run Defog on Latias? Since you didn't mention rocks, I assume you're running defensive Landorus with rocks. So I don't think Spikes are that needed.
    Making a team with M-Latias as its winning condition, requires, I feel, constant entry hazard pressure on your opponent's side of the field, and defog both takes away your own SR & spikes plus takes up an unavailable moveslot, that latias can't afford.