Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm debating once the Pokemon Cloud thing comes out hacking up a bunch of shiny and/or Max IV starters to throw out on Wonder Trade.

make someone's day.

Now if only we could extract save data from XY, I wouldn't have to be limited to 1-5, nor would I need to go out and buy a copy of B/W 1/2 for cheap so I can copy from my DSTwo flashcard to a legitimate copy of the game for Pokemon Cloudy Thingy
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I'm debating once the Pokemon Cloud thing comes out hacking up a bunch of shiny and/or Max IV starters to throw out on Wonder Trade.

make someone's day.

Now if only we could extract save data from XY, I wouldn't have to be limited to 1-5, nor would I need to go out and buy a copy of B/W 1/2 for cheap so I can copy from my DSTwo flashcard to a legitimate copy of the game for Pokemon Cloudy Thingy
    What do you mean hack a bunch of pokemon? I personally would hate to get a hacked pokemon. That is assuming they could even be put up for trade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a good team Delphox!
    Maybe Life Orb/Choice Scarf on Greninja?
    Also I've found Rocky Helmet on Aegislash works so nicely just switch into predictable physical moves and you got yourself a nice counter attack tank. But Leftovers is still a safe choice and works well after using King's Shield.

Good looking team!

Edit* Just missed out on post no.16,000!
    Last edited by SkyBlueAri; 2013-10-23 at 06:59 AM.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Deleted
    I have been torturing myself the last few days. Got a shiny nidoran roughly every 200 eggs the first 3 i got. Unfortunately all 3 females which sucked balls. So i pushed on for a male shiny. But since shiny #3 i have hatched about 1000 eggs. No new shiny nidoran.

Then to think i probably am going to do this again to get a shiny eevee

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBlueAri View Post
    Looks like a good team Delphox!
    Maybe Life Orb/Choice Scarf on Greninja?
    Also I've found Rocky Helmet on Aegislash works so nicely just switch into predictable physical moves and you got yourself a nice counter attack tank. But Leftovers is still a safe choice and works well after using King's Shield.

Good looking team!

Edit* Just missed out on post no.16,000!
    - - - Updated - - -

SkyBlueAri i changed blaziken for blastoise
    i find myself not using noivern that much
    any advice for a replacement or something?
    he is there bcuz he is fast and has flying moves any improve to that will be nice

srry bad english, not native language

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

make someone's day.

pokebank and poketransfer prevents the uploading of hacked pokemon so you might not be able to do that
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphox View Post
    Blastoise-Mega (F) @ Blastoisinite
    Ability: Mega Launcher
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Water Pulse
    - Dark Pulse
    - Dragon Pulse

Blastoise is capable of learning Dragon Pulse?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pokebank and poketransfer prevents the uploading of hacked pokemon so you might not be able to do that
    How well will it be able to tell though, I played around with an app on my phone on black after transfering everything over to 2, and last week the app updated to have a 'legit mode' where you can't make 'wrong' pokemon (no more magikarp with fly surf strength and cut =p) if I were to set the name and ID of the trainer to that of say my brother, how would it figure it out?

10+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

SkyBlueAri i changed blaziken for blastoise
    i find myself not using noivern that much
    any advice for a replacement or something?
    he is there bcuz he is fast and has flying moves any improve to that will be nice

srry bad english, not native language
    Yeh my little bro uses Blastoise, amazing mega ability makes it quite nice!

As for a replacement I would say Greninja but you already have him in your team!
    Otherwise a Gooey Goodra might be a nice choice if you want a dragon/special att. replacement. Salamence is also pretty fast as flying stab goes but he's a bigger att. monster rather than SAtt. And with his Moxy you may even find yourself k/o'ing entire teams.
    If you wanted to be daring you could go with Gale Winds Talonflame but his offense is kind of low.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    It depends how they're going to know if pokemon is legit or hacked.
    Anyone who knows how to use pokegen properly can make very legit pokemon with it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    that is a smogun set i rlly didnt check if it was capable of learning it
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/blastoise.3490080/
    acording to serebii it cant(fixing him)

Possible Movesets

Bulky Offensive Spinner

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
    Trait: Mega Launcher
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 SpD
    Nature: Modest
    - Rapid Spin
    - Water Pulse / Hydro Pump / Scald
    - Dark Pulse
    - Aura Sphere / Ice Beam / Dragon Pulse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Apparently from egg-learning it from a Clawizter. Also can learn Aura Sphere holyshitwat.

i just realised
    tm don't disappear they are kind of HM
    -huge revelation-
    haven't played pokemon since gen3
    thats huge for me

15+ Year Old Account
    i just realised
    -huge revelation-
    thats huge for me
    yeh when i found that out i shat a brick, started putting TM's on everything! lol

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    i just realised
    -huge revelation-
    thats huge for me
    Yeah they changed this with B/W - IT'S A FUCKING GODSEND!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    yeh when i found that out i shat a brick, started putting TM's on everything! lol
    TM's for you! TM's for you! TM's FOR EVERONE!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

you get ice beam
    they get ice beam
    everyone gets ice beam!

Deleted
    tbh biggest improvement is that the game asks if you want to use another repel after you've used your current one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Oh it depends. They are good for mixed sweepers who have decent defense, for example. I wouldn't definitely call them worst. Worst are these that hinder you best stat while increasing your worst.
    Depends on one's viewpoint: For me, something that gives no advantage when it should is the worst for example. You may see it as "it does not hinder me in anything", and that's fine. Considering though the 4-moveslot rule for the games and the damaged efficiency of EVs when they are not invested in clearly 2 stats on a sweeper (one being Speed), I'd say that it is a fact that a neutral nature is the absolute worst nature one can get for any pokemon, always talking competitively.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    It depends how they're going to know if pokemon is legit or hacked.
    Anyone who knows how to use pokegen properly can make very legit pokemon with it.
    Yeah, I'm itching on that one... HOW will they distinguish a hacked pokemon from a legit one? I just can't see it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Depends on one's viewpoint: For me, something that gives no advantage when it should is the worst for example. You may see it as "it does not hinder me in anything", and that's fine. Considering though the 4-moveslot rule for the games and the damaged efficiency of EVs when they are not invested in clearly 2 stats on a sweeper (one being Speed), I'd say that it is a fact that a neutral nature is the absolute worst nature one can get for any pokemon, always talking competitively.
    Positive EV's are always going to be better than neutral, but neutral will still be better than negative EVs =p

For example I'd rather have a docile alakazam than an adamant one... BUT naturally I'd rather have a Modest over docile or adamant

Need someone with a Quagsire safari pretty please!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    Positive EV's are always going to be better than neutral, but neutral will still be better than negative EVs =p

For example I'd rather have a docile alakazam than an adamant one... BUT naturally I'd rather have a Modest over docile or adamant
    That's true, if you go for a special Alakazam, but if you don't ditch the Adamant alakazam right away because you are not right on your mind and try a physical sweeper with him because he is adamant, then adamant is good for him, whereas docile is crap for ANYTHING!