10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    Been reading through some of these answers, and they're pretty good.

Good to know something new about King Kai's planet, and how it ties in with the movie. We already knew King Kai was a huge jokester, but Bills too? Heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer to the strongest human is answered there - http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translatio...koyama-nozawa/

"Toriyama:
    Ah, that’s right. No. 18 becomes Kuririn’s wife in the end.
    Nozawa:
    Ah, I was surprised at that, too! All the voice actors wondered, “Why did she choose Kuririn?” (laughs)

Toriyama:
    Kuririn was originally supposed to be just a minor role, so to have him become Goku’s best friend in the blink of an eye…

Koyama:
    Well, he is the strongest Earthling male.

Toriyama:
    You’re right, he is the strongest among the Earthlings. But in spite of that, he tends to end up in a bad way, so I thought, “once in a while, I have to let him be happy,” and had him get married. (laughs)"

I personally would have gone with Tien.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    The answer to the strongest human is answered there - http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translatio...koyama-nozawa/

"Toriyama:
    Ah, that’s right. No. 18 becomes Kuririn’s wife in the end.
    Nozawa:
    Ah, I was surprised at that, too! All the voice actors wondered, “Why did she choose Kuririn?” (laughs)

Toriyama:
    Kuririn was originally supposed to be just a minor role, so to have him become Goku’s best friend in the blink of an eye…

Koyama:
    Well, he is the strongest Earthling male.

Toriyama:
    You’re right, he is the strongest among the Earthlings. But in spite of that, he tends to end up in a bad way, so I thought, “once in a while, I have to let him be happy,” and had him get married. (laughs)"

I personally would have gone with Tien.
    Wow...hmm. Well I got the answer now.

"Toriyama:
    No, not at all. Anime has its own way of doing things, so I think it’s better to leave it to the professionals. Manga and anime are separate things, but I suppose it’s best when you get the feeling that “they’re connected somehow”. At the start of serialization, I didn’t even know if I’d be able to please the readers, so I wasn’t even thinking about it being made into an anime."

"Koyama:
    Er, there’s something I’d like to ask you: does the Saiyan race have any women? There are no female Saiyans drawn in the original work.

Toriyama:
    I didn’t draw any.

Koyama:
    Are there no women, then? I’m often asked by Dragon Ball fans.

Toriyama:
    Actually, I’m sure they at least exist.

Koyama:
    Well, children are born, so they wouldn’t be there without women, is what you’re saying?

Toriyama:
    That’s right. If I remember correctly, in an anime special (A Final, Solitary Battle), a female Saiyan also appeared."

I really like these two bits of conversation. They basically validate everything I've ever said about how the anime and movies aren't necessarily a different continuity from the manga. While Toriyama does recognize them as being different, he doesn't disregard one or the other, or say xyz isn't valid in the context of the original manga.

Fuck people that say the anime and movies are non-canon.

10+ Year Old Account

only goku could make grumpy cat happy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    only goku could make grumpy cat happy
    We'll need to remember that next time there is a "Goku vs x" thread. Goku can and will do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    We'll need to remember that next time there is a "Goku vs x" thread. Goku can and will do anything.
    yep must remember

Deleted
    Vegeta is so badass in the android saga.

btw, what did Piccolo mean when Vegeta appeared to save them from 19 and 20?

Piccolo just got lasered by 20 and that's all I saw.
    Piccolo says something like: so it was Vegeta!
    He says: the android did get a shot in but it was Vegeta who got in my way.

I didn't see Vegeta do ANYTHING.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post

I re-read that part in the manga. What he's saying is that he took the hit intentionally and was playing dead so that he could take the Androids by surprise. However, Vegeta showing up got in the way of his plans.

Deleted
    I re-read that part in the manga. What he's saying is that he took the hit intentionally and was playing dead so that he could take the Androids by surprise. However, Vegeta showing up got in the way of his plans.
    Wow...that wasn't explained clearly in the anime.

Wow...that wasn't explained clearly in the anime.
    Having gone back and just watched it. Not in the slightest lol.

Makes a little more sense if you take Piccolo's "So it was Vegeta!" in the context of him being there faking being unconscious with his eyes closed and he doesn't know whats really going on. When the android first gets kicked by Vegeta, Piccolo probably doesn't know who the hell just smashed the android and thinks one of the Earthlings did it when they saw him get death beamed.

When he is like, "IT WAS VEGETA!!" a minute later after Gohan says veget'as name and gets up, its him being surprised Vegeta is on the scene and that changes the situation. Had someone else clocked the android Piccolo would have continued to play dead. Thats what he means by Vegeta got in his way(not in a literal sense). To the Z fighters is just looks like he took that beam for no reason.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-02-25 at 03:29 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account

What I thought when I watched it, Vegeta did some speedy shit, came in and hit the android or something while the fight was going on, and screwed up piccolo's flow,like Vegeta got in between them. Piccolo didn't really know what it was at the time but than he was like som bitch it was Vegeta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post

Fuck people that say the anime and movies are non-canon.
    The movies (most of them) still don't fit anywhere in the timeline though. They could have at least done a better job at that (I'm not sure why anyone would say the anime isn't canon though, what the hell)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The movies (most of them) still don't fit anywhere in the timeline though. They could have at least done a better job at that (I'm not sure why anyone would say the anime isn't canon though, what the hell)
    Think I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I basically feel that if something in the anime/movies isn't contradicted by the manga, it could be reasonably considered canon.

The ones that are clearly non-canon could possibly be considered alternate timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    its sad that the humans never got to become stronger......

enlightenment tien woulda been awesome

Doesn't it look alot like Kaio-ken x20 or Super Kaio-Ken ? I just remembered that Goku had similar, red-ish aura when he was fighting Freeza at max (at that time) Kaio-Ken, or when he was fighting Piccon in the Other World Tournament and using Super Kaio-Ken.

EDIT: Goku using Super Kaio-Ken

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Think I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I basically feel that if something in the anime/movies isn't contradicted by the manga, it could be reasonably considered canon.

The ones that are clearly non-canon could possibly be considered alternate timeline.
    That's my exact opinion on canon. Some people I've met on the internet though are very... unreasonable. I've met some people that say if it's not strictly part of the original manga it's not canon. These people don't even consider things like "Heya! Son Goku and his friends return!" to be canon, despite being written by Toriyama and taking place during a time skip.

Why does canon even need to exist in the dbz universe.
    Why can't we all just consider anything licensed to be 'canon'.
    DBZ is full of plot holes, translation errors, different dubs, and inconstantcies.
    But that's what Dragonball Z is to me, and always has been, and its never made it less awesome, only more awesome, more to watch and more to love.
    DBZ is too awesome for canon.

10+ Year Old Account

also who would win

freiza or androids 19/20

i think freiza