10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    That said, the kill should go to Vegeta instead of Goku.
    Oh Kami, yes please. The poor guy had his body and pride shattered by Frieza by not only the years of serving him, but their battle on Namek. Vegeta was completely humiliated, and never actually got a chance of getting revenge himself. Technically Goku avenged him and the saiyan race... but I feel like it's a personal matter for Vegeta. He should absolutely be the one getting to beat Frieza this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Oh Kami, yes please. The poor guy had his body and pride shattered by Frieza by not only the years of serving him, but their battle on Namek. Vegeta was completely humiliated, and never actually got a chance of getting revenge himself. Technically Goku avenged him and the saiyan race... but I feel like it's a personal matter for Vegeta. He should absolutely be the one getting to beat Frieza this time.
    Vegeta needs his moment and so does Piccolo. The same could be said for piccolo (Frieza destroyed his homeworld and killed his people) yet pride isn't something he is known for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Xenoverse is alright but I prefer games based on the anime also I enjoy 2D or 2.5D fighters more than 3D. I also prefer transformations and a refined roster. Too big of a roster and you get too many similar characters, in terms of fightin mechanics and specials. I also believe its important for dbz games to be done in a series like budokai 1-3. With each installment adding more. This is better because dbz games have a short development time. However with a series you can port over data from the first game for your ground work and build upon. Therefore by the third installment you have a decent sized roster and story mode.
    Xenoverse is not a fighter in the traditional sense.

It is an RPG Brawler.

Also the roster in Xenoverse is actually smaller than some of the past games. My only complaint about the game is that the only Custom Player race that gets real transformation is Saiyan (Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, Super Vegeta, and Super Vegeta 2. The latter two being more Ki focused and stronger than normal SSJ). The rest only get Kaioken. They should have given Majins a Super/Kid form, Namekians should get a Super Namekian "form", and the Freiza Race should get the various transformations as well.

Honestly the only race that has any real reason to only have Kaioken is human...
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    They should have given Majins a Super/Kid form
    Majins cannot just transform, they need to absorb someone else to gain their abilities and strength.
    Namekians should get a Super Namekian "form",
    Super Namekian isn't really a thing. They just called Piccolo that when he was on par of the Super Saiyans. Namekians can be strong, but don't have transformations.
    and the Freiza Race should get the various transformations as well.
    This is true. Those guys have atleast 5 forms available for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Majins cannot just transform, they need to absorb someone else to gain their abilities and strength.
    This game is based on the story line established in Dragonball Online. A game in which they can actually transform into a Kid state.

Super Namekian isn't really a thing. They just called Piccolo that when he was on par of the Super Saiyans. Namekians can be strong, but don't have transformations.
    This is why I put it in quotations. It would be more of a state, but work differently than Kaioken. Though it can be argued that Lord Slug was a Super Namekian (random fact: Goku actually achieved Super Saiyan in this movie. However, since it was during a time when the DESIGN of Super Saiyan was not finalized it doesn't look like what we know as Super Saiyan today, though it would be his first actual transformation into it, from a viewers perspective, as the movie came out before the Freiza saga got to Gokus first transformation. However, like all other movies until Battle of the Gods, it is not considered canon).
    Last edited by Keile; 2015-03-08 at 12:00 AM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScourgeSlayer View Post
    Vegeta needs his moment and so does Piccolo. The same could be said for piccolo (Frieza destroyed his homeworld and killed his people) yet pride isn't something he is known for now.
    True. But Piccolo's planet got remade, his people were all brought back, and he only knew Frieza for a bit. Vegeta had his planet and his entire race (with the exceptions we all know, of course) destroyed by Frieza, then he was made to serve this guy who destroyed everything all his life. When he finally turns against him, he's no match, and ends up beaten and humiliated, and finally killed.
    I mean... I'm not gonna pretend Vegeta was some mister nice guy. Until the android saga started softening him up, he was a colossal asshole. But the guy went through some shit, and never got closure by his own hands.

I love Piccolo and would love for him to have some awesome moments... but Frieza isn't his business. It's definitely Vegeta's.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2015-03-08 at 12:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Wasn't Goku just a False Super Saiyan in the Lord Slug movie though: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/False_Super_Saiyan "One way to put it is that the False Super Saiyan transformation occurs when a Saiyan has the required physical power but lacks the required mental strife to transform into a Super Saiyan. It is apparent, however, that the form gives a large power increase, enough for Goku, who was being easily beaten previously by Slug, to now quickly overwhelm him." I'm not sure how credible Dragonball Wikia is, but I tend to agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CgTitan5 View Post
    Wasn't Goku just a False Super Saiyan in the Lord Slug movie though: http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/False_Super_Saiyan "One way to put it is that the False Super Saiyan transformation occurs when a Saiyan has the required physical power but lacks the required mental strife to transform into a Super Saiyan. It is apparent, however, that the form gives a large power increase, enough for Goku, who was being easily beaten previously by Slug, to now quickly overwhelm him." I'm not sure how credible Dragonball Wikia is, but I tend to agree with it.
    It was considered a SSJ transformation, but they had to retcon it later after they released the real transformation. As I said, the movie was made before the actual design of SSJ was completed so they just kind of...guessed.

But now that we know what SSJ is supposed to be they had to label it as something.

Well, I'm glad that Super Saiyan looks the way it does now then. Also I was a bit saddened to hear that there will likely be no more SS2 or SS3 transformations http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/05/...iyama-reveals/. I hope Akira Toriyama reconsiders though, I thought SS3 looked awesome. I think it would be cool if Goku mastered SS3 like he did SS1 in the cell saga http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Ful...r_Super_Saiyan. A full-powered SS3 in addition to Goku's somewhat retained god powers from Battle of Gods would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by CgTitan5 View Post
    Well, I'm glad that Super Saiyan looks the way it does now then. Also I was a bit saddened to hear that there will likely be no more SS2 or SS3 transformations http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/05/...iyama-reveals/. I hope Akira Toriyama reconsiders though, I thought SS3 looked awesome. I think it would be cool if Goku mastered SS3 like he did SS1 in the cell saga http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Ful...r_Super_Saiyan. A full-powered SS3 in addition to Goku's somewhat retained god powers from Battle of Gods would be awesome.
    Sad to see SSJ2 go away. While it looked mostly like SSJ, I liked the extra lightning effects it added to their aura. Not sad to see SSJ3 go, though, looked to much like a long-haired Neanderthal to me.

Though it makes sense in the long run. As he masters normal SSJ form the other forms become obsolete as they are simply ways to draw out more power to the SSJ form, but at a severe cost. By mastering SSJ he can forego these other forms and fight for much longer. Remember SSJ3 he can only maintain for a short period of time before it saps all of his energy, whereas SSJ he can maintain practically indefinitely.

Sad to see SSJ2 go away. While it looked mostly like SSJ, I liked the extra lightning effects it added to their aura. Not sad to see SSJ3 go, though, looked to much like a long-haired Neanderthal to me.

Though it makes sense in the long run. As he masters normal SSJ form the other forms become obsolete as they are simply ways to draw out more power to the SSJ form, but at a severe cost. By mastering SSJ he can forego these other forms and fight for much longer. Remember SSJ3 he can only maintain for a short period of time before it saps all of his energy, whereas SSJ he can maintain practically indefinitely.
    The difference in energy draw between SSJ and SSJ2 isn't really that much, and SSJ2 gives twice the boost compared to SSJ1 so there really is no reason to abandon that form.

SSJ3 is terrible energy leech though and it's useage should be avoided, so boosting up SSJ2 state would be teh best course of action.

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference in energy draw between SSJ and SSJ2 isn't really that much, and SSJ2 gives twice the boost compared to SSJ1 so there really is no reason to abandon that form.

SSJ3 is terrible energy leech though and it's useage should be avoided, so boosting up SSJ2 state would be teh best course of action.
    If memory serves, Gotenks managed to maintain SSj3 much easier than Goku did? And the majority of the final Kid Buu battle was fought as Goku in his SSj3 form.

I'd like to think that given enough time, a user who can ascend to that form could master it like SSj... Goku's explains, after his hiatus from the Frieza saga up to the Trunks saga, that at first he could not control his form, but was able to eventually trigger the transformation at will; SSj3 seems it could benefit from further training for a more sustainable fighting form.

I do hope they bring something new to the table though... adult Gotenks, anyone? Imagine those wisecracks from a teenage-twenty something fusion warrior! xD
    The Old Republic - Coral - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
    - Aseko - Marauder // Akeso - Assassin -
    - Akkyvineus - Shadow // Aseka - Sentinel -
    Stream // Hybrid Sin - Dat Push! - Carnage Op - Failbang
    i7 5820k 3.6ghz | MSI X99S ACK | Potenza 16GB DDR4 | MSI GTX 980 | 512GB Crucial M2 SSD | NZXT Phantom 630 Black | 1000W Corsair RM

However, Akira has made clear that he basically wants to focus on Normal state and SSJ, and completely ignore SSJ2 and above.

Though I wonder what he considers the God form, then. The end of Battle of the Gods shows Goku change into it for a second or two on his own while trying to deflect Beerus' attack. This could lay the foundation for him being able to transform into that form at will in the near future.

Honestly the only race that has any real reason to only have Kaioken is human...
    Kaioken is just a technique learned by king kai and limiting it to humans makes no sense at all since Goku and possibly piccolo have learned it. It would basically be the same as saying only earthlings should have the genki dama as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScourgeSlayer View Post
    Kaioken is just a technique learned by king kai and limiting it to humans makes no sense at all since Goku and possibly piccolo have learned it. It would basically be the same as saying only earthlings should have the genki dama as well.
    You totally didn't understand what he meant.... He didn't mean that only humans should be able to us kaioken... that's obvious since Goku could use it and he's not human. He meant that everyone should have transformations, except humans who have to rely only on kaioken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even a Vegeta fan, and I think he should get the kill on Frieza.

Also, holy crap, that Frieza song is real? I thought it was just some random thing TeamFourStar put together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    You totally didn't understand what he meant.... He didn't mean that only humans should be able to us kaioken... that's obvious since Goku could use it and he's not human. He meant that everyone should have transformations, except humans who have to rely only on kaioken.
    I just wish the human warriors were relevant again. Sucks everything always has to be "saiyans saiyans saiyans".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Also, holy crap, that Frieza song is real? I thought it was just some random thing TeamFourStar put together.
    I actually heard it there first too, then I went looking for it. I think it's crazy-awesome that it wound up in an actual DBZ production.

It would be good to see humans be more involved like they were in the original Dragonball. My favorite human fighter is Tien. To me he showed that he was very brave, unlike Krillin and especially Yamcha. He fought Cell even though he knew he would probably die. From the new trailer it looks like he will be more involved in the new movie which is great. One of my favorite Tien moments: .

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The whole sticking to SSJ is Toriyama's way of apologizing of poor writing and the utter insignificance of anyone who lacked sayian blood as early as the sayian saga.

That said, I wished they would have done a movie about the revival of Cell; he is a far more practical and cunning villain than Freiza was.

While they were both cocky and arrogant, Cell became that way only AFTER achieving his perfect form. Before that, he was intelligent and managed to think his way out of bad situations and achieve is perfect form against steep odds.

He snuck from city to city, avoiding Piccolo who was slightly stronger until he was ready to wipe the floor with him. He then snuck around android 16 and absorbed 17, followed by manipulating a stronger Vegeta into allowing him to absorb 18.

A revived cell who learns to not be arrogant in his perfect form would've been a better antagonist IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    The whole sticking to SSJ is Toriyama's way of apologizing of poor writing and the utter insignificance of anyone who lacked sayian blood as early as the sayian saga.

That said, I wished they would have done a movie about the revival of Cell; he is a far more practical and cunning villain than Freiza was.

While they were both cocky and arrogant, Cell became that way only AFTER achieving his perfect form. Before that, he was intelligent and managed to think his way out of bad situations and achieve is perfect form against steep odds.

He snuck from city to city, avoiding Piccolo who was slightly stronger until he was ready to wipe the floor with him. He then snuck around android 16 and absorbed 17, followed by manipulating a stronger Vegeta into allowing him to absorb 18.

A revived cell who learns to not be arrogant in his perfect form would've been a better antagonist IMO.
    The Saiyan blood runs through his veins too. Arrogance controls them all