Let's not forget that Trunks is a half Saiyan taught by a Human, they're no Time Lords, I'd take any explanation of temporal mechanics from them with a grain of salt.

Also, just watched Bojack Unbound and it was mediocre, suffering from all the genericness of Super Android 13 with the added bonus of Gohan, who personally I've never much liked, especially when he seems to always need his father's help to accomplish anything.

Apart from the fact the villain took a while to show up this was very typical DBZ movie fodder, evil minions shown to be powerful then roflowned, same with the main "villain".

I'd say those kinds of finishes are the worst thing with many of these films, there are no hard fought fights, just one side (villain usually) smashing the hero and then on a dime (super special power-up ect) the whole thing ends with a punch from the hero. Now I know that ultimately a lot of DBZ and Anime fights in general boil down to this, but usually there is a lot more build up, but in these films there rarely is, due to their length, amongst other things.

Also, Bojack, unlike even Super 13 and Cooler didn't have some impressive transform moment... he just kind of bulked out when fighting Vegeta.
    Last edited by CursedEmbrace; 2012-04-13 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    it seems goku can play checkers

and i bet he always loses.

Quote Originally Posted by CursedEmbrace View Post
    Let's not forget that Trunks is a half Saiyan taught by a Human, they're no Time Lords, I'd take any explanation of temporal mechanics from them with a grain of salt.

Also, just watched Bojack Unbound and it was mediocre, suffering from all the genericness of Super Android 13 with the added bonus of Gohan, who personally I've never much liked, especially when he seems to always need his father's help to accomplish anything.

Apart from the fact the villain took a while to show up this was very typical DBZ movie fodder, evil minions shown to be powerful then roflowned, same with the main "villain".

I'd say those kinds of finishes are the worst thing with many of these films, there are no hard fought fights, just one side (villain usually) smashing the hero and then on a dime (super special power-up ect) the whole thing ends with a punch from the hero. Now I know that ultimately a lot of DBZ and Anime fights in general boil down to this, but usually there is a lot more build up, but in these films there rarely is, due to their length, amongst other things.

Also, Bojack, unlike even Super 13 and Cooler didn't have some impressive transform moment... he just kind of bulked out when fighting Vegeta.
    Yeah once you get used to watching the tv episodes with all the build up and long epic fights the movies just cannot compare. ( I suppose the COULD make a 5 hour movie.. lol)

And yes I am sure goku would always lose checkers / chess lol

Yeah it seems like if they really wanted to protect everybody they would just go SS and get down to business, but I believe Goku explained in one episode that he likes to size up his opponents.

10+ Year Old Account
    baby as a bad guy

baby baby baby oooooohhh

justin beiber likes baby, there fore we should all hate baby!

he hates the fact Justin beiber likes him

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 12:31 AM ----------

does this scene look familiar?
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-04-14 at 12:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    does android 18 get stronger? being an android and all

Quote Originally Posted by divinepurpose View Post
    does android 18 get stronger? being an android and all
    Android is an incorrect term. She's actually human, just upgraded with synthetic parts. A more accurate term would be cyborg.

It's funny. We don't officially know where Android 17 and 18 come from. The best we have is an explanation from Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

From the wiki, "Android 18 was originally a human, and the eldest out of her and her twin brother (the eventual Android 17).[1] The twins were notorious delinquents, and Dr. Gero met them by chance while he was looking for fresh material for his experiments. He then kidnapped them and restructured them into Android 18 and Android 17.[2] She is the second artificial human between her and her twin brother designed by Dr. Gero to be created by fitting a Human with cybernetics. Gero's experiments on her, resulting in her transformation into cyborgs, did not impede her ability to reproduce, as evidenced by her giving birth to a healthy daughter, Marron. "

So in theory, yes, she could train to get stronger, same as any other human.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-04-14 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    makes sense seeing her take on 17,i knew she was human,just did not know since she was not fully human if she could grow any stronger

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/accueil.html

Imma leave this right here. Probably one of the best dbz mangas ive read in awhile

Dr. Gero originally created full androids, but with limited success. He created Cyborgs in an attempt to match or exceed other humans in power. He just kept calling them androids and numbering them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

does this scene look familiar?
    Boy, 18 sure has a thing for crippling guys' arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Yet the only guy that actually deserves it she lets win for a cash payoff. Fucking Hercule lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post

true story

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 03:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/accueil.html

Imma leave this right here. Probably one of the best dbz mangas ive read in awhile

true story

my fav universe has to be universe 3(i think) which includes, king bardock, rachi, tapion, and demon king piccolo(who i think rachi turns into the hatiyack*sp)

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

true story

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 03:13 AM ----------

true story

my fav universe has to be universe 3(i think) which includes, king bardock, rachi, tapion, and demon king piccolo(who i think rachi turns into the hatiyack*sp)
    I like the one with evil goku just because hes pervy and I think it is funny

Got me a new avatar Took me so long to find the image I wanted. Had to do some work to it so it would fit too.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 01:53 AM ----------

O ya, also funny story. If you google search "Goku vs Frieza" and look through the pics you will eventually see Laurcus' avatar with a link to this thread. Made me laugh anyway.

---------- Post added 2012-04-14 at 02:05 AM ----------

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
    KaiserNeko: Episode 29 went over well with the Khaotic Kon crowd today! Expect it up tomorrow night, barring connection issues.

Something to look forward to tomorrow. Also I hate being the only one to use the thread this late. Always feel like I'm talking to myself lol. Then I log on the next day after work and there's like 2 pages of stuff.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-04-14 at 06:07 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by divinepurpose View Post
    makes sense seeing her take on 17,i knew she was human,just did not know since she was not fully human if she could grow any stronger
    Theoretically, she can get stronger, but don't expect much. Since the Z fighters can't sense her ki, we should assume it is very small, probably the human PL average of 5. It's the mechanical parts that make her so strong, and I doubt any amount of training can make those stronger. Since all her abilities make use of her technology, she probably couldn't raise her ki even if she wanted to, since she doesn't use it.

10+ Year Old Account

This is by far my favorite scene in DBZ. That music is so incredibly epic... goosebumps every time. The past few times I've worked out, I just turned the ascension theme on repeat and powered ahead. By far the most inspiring workout song I've had lol.

SS3 is my favorite transformation, because Goku just does it out of nowhere. However my favorite scene (without thinking about it too much) would be when Goku fully heals on Namek and zaps over to Piccolo, Gohan, Krillin, Vegeta and Frieza, and they're all surprised to see him. And he just walks up to Frieza like it's just another day, and we see his aura. Pretty cool moment, to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta go with the first time Goku hits Super Saiyan as my favorite scene ever. It's the first time you really see rage inside of Goku. He's generally so cool and so composed and he just rages and loses it and tadaa, Super Saiyan Goku is born.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"