Best speech time.

My personal favorite.

"What did you think? That I was gonna roll over and die from an attack like that!!!"

So badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of the Buu Saga, I'm watching it for the first time and not at that part yet (so I'm not going to watch that video!)

In other news, has anyone been able to discern why Cell was able to regenerate from the little piece of himself after he blows up? He talks about having Piccolo's regeneration powers, but during the Buu saga Piccolo talks about how he can regenerate only if his head is undamaged. Cell's head was clearly blown straight off. Inconsistency, or a greater truth too complex for our minds to grasp?

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Speaking of the Buu Saga, I'm watching it for the first time and not at that part yet (so I'm not going to watch that video!)

In other news, has anyone been able to discern why Cell was able to regenerate from the little piece of himself after he blows up? He talks about having Piccolo's regeneration powers, but during the Buu saga Piccolo talks about how he can regenerate only if his head is undamaged. Cell's head was clearly blown straight off. Inconsistency, or a greater truth too complex for our minds to grasp?
    he took piccolo's power and improved upon it, since Cell's very being is all stored within each and every "cell" he has, so with just one cell still intact he can regenerate.
    I see Stupid people!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadNotSleeping View Post
    he took piccolo's power and improved upon it, since Cell's very being is all stored within each and every "cell" he has, so with just one cell still intact he can regenerate.
    Oh I see, that actually makes sense. Thanks!

Also, I lol'd at the Vegeta/Goku text. DBZ memes/jokes happen to be one of my favorite things about this thread.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-11-08 at 03:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Deus Ex Machina...for villains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Deus Ex Machina...for villains.
    Haha, I think wizards do a better job. At least it's not the "we can't sense his power level so he must be dead" nonsense we got going on in the last saga. Once I'm finished with it I'll talk more about it, but we go from people sensing the faintest flicker of life or change in character power to, "IS GOHAN DEAD? OH GOD, I CAN'T TELL. LET'S ASSUME SO".

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I think wizards do a better job. At least it's not the "we can't sense his power level so he must be dead" nonsense we got going on in the last saga. Once I'm finished with it I'll talk more about it, but we go from people sensing the faintest flicker of life or change in character power to, "IS GOHAN DEAD? OH GOD, I CAN'T TELL. LET'S ASSUME SO".
    If you've seen TFS's Abridged series, you know they lampshade that in the Freeza saga. Vegeta, Gohan, and Krillin all blast Freeza like crazy, and when they're done, Krillin says, "Is he dead?". Gohan responds with, "Krillin we can sense his power, why do you even bother asking?"

Goku vs Superman is a long and tiring debate.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XImpossibruX View Post
    Goku vs Superman is a long and tiring debate.....
    Talking about the one here? Guess who won our Ultimate Showdown? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...highlight=goku

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Talking about the one here? Guess who won our Ultimate Showdown? http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...highlight=goku
    That showdown was so much bullshit though. Granted, I agree with the final result, but there were some individual matches that hurt my brain. A good example being Superman being knocked out by Ganon. Hence the flaw of it being based on votes lol. It was just a popularity contest after like the first round.

Ya know, I've been toying with a really silly idea recently. The only problem is I think I'd be one of the only people interested in it. Imagine an Ultimate Showdown of D&D characters. It could be a tournament where users sign up, make D&D characters, and battle it out. It would of course have to be heavily moderated to ensure fairness. All dice rolls could be done by a moderator using the official dice roller on wizards.com. We'd have to agree on a rule set of course, and if I was organizing it I'd probably use 3.5e rules, restricting people to core books only, so people can't try and pull out random ass builds from obscure books no one has ever heard of.

The only real problem, like I said, would be lack of interest, as it's pretty difficult to teach people D&D rules in person. Over the internet would be even harder. And I doubt there's enough people that know D&D rules to get a good sized tournament going. So it will likely remain just a dream of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    That showdown was so much bullshit though. Granted, I agree with the final result, but there were some individual matches that hurt my brain. A good example being Superman being knocked out by Ganon. Hence the flaw of it being based on votes lol. It was just a popularity contest after like the first round.

Ya know, I've been toying with a really silly idea recently. The only problem is I think I'd be one of the only people interested in it. Imagine an Ultimate Showdown of D&D characters. It could be a tournament where users sign up, make D&D characters, and battle it out. It would of course have to be heavily moderated to ensure fairness. All dice rolls could be done by a moderator using the official dice roller on wizards.com. We'd have to agree on a rule set of course, and if I was organizing it I'd probably use 3.5e rules, restricting people to core books only, so people can't try and pull out random ass builds from obscure books no one has ever heard of.

The only real problem, like I said, would be lack of interest, as it's pretty difficult to teach people D&D rules in person. Over the internet would be even harder. And I doubt there's enough people that know D&D rules to get a good sized tournament going. So it will likely remain just a dream of mine.
    I'd love this, but alas, I've no idea how to play D&D ._.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post

Did something similar to this once. The hobby shop I used to frequent did a "Monster Bash". It was roughly 30 players with about 6 DMs and it was objective based. Get to the end. We had huge tables set up as the playing field and you had to fight your way to the end. You could fight other players or team together to get to the end. I was 3rd to the last, and nearly made it but I failed my throw against a beholder's Disintegrate Ray. That allowed my partner to use his Death Knell spell (he was a Blackguard) to heal himself enough to kill the beholder and make it to the end. It was tons of fun but they went out of business shortly thereafter so they couldn't continue as they wanted.

I've been looking for more people to play D&D with and it is so damn hard to actually find anyone who even knows how to play anymore. I have a TON of 3rd Edition books. I used to DM a lot for friends in High School.

Anyways, yeah, I would be interested in something like this for sure.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Favorite speech?

"There's one thing a Saiyan always keeps, his PRIDE!"

or

"The nightmare is over Cell! Die!" Not really a speech but still awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McGrubbin View Post
    Favorite speech?

"There's one thing a Saiyan always keeps, his PRIDE!"

or

"The nightmare is over Cell! Die!" Not really a speech but still awesome.
    One of my favorite things about the series is the emotional baggage Mirai Trunks carries because of the apocalyptic future he's from. Every time he talks about the Androids you can just see a myriad of horrific memories running through his head. All of the things he says to 17, 18, and Cell seem like they ache just exiting his mouth. His voice actor did the part a real service imo, and helped sell the idea that Trunks had already been to Hell. I think the only character who was ever as emotionally compelled to win was Vegeta in regards to defeating Frieza.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-11-09 at 06:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I likee the Texts between Vegeta and Goku.. AHHHH!!! xD

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Seems legit